ADVERTISEMENT

Bluefield vs Richlands

19GHS87

VaPreps Honorable Mention
Oct 10, 2016
How does everybody see this going?
I think Bluefield pours it on. The last time they went to Richlands they lost 56-21 with 21 of those 56 coming in the 4th quarter.

I say Bluefield returns the favor this season.
l say Bluefield 52-Richlands 14.

Bluefield is good in all phases.

Bluefield by several touchdowns. I cannot see Richlands' offensive or defensive line holding a candle against Bluefield this year. If Richlands keeps it close I'll be pleasantly surprised.

Reactions: 19GHS87
Sure. You want Richlands to be blown out by bluefield because you want so badly to believe graham is better. I dont think they are.
Bluefield called the dogs off against Graham at half. I couldnt care less how Graham and Richlands compare. I said on here 2 weeks ago that if Graham didnt clean up their act and stop chippiness and jawing I would be watching Bluefield or Tazewell. Bluefield could have scored 70 or more on Graham.
Just stating my opinion on Bluefield. They are the real deal.

Wouldnt matter who is better between Graham or Richlands right now anyway. There are 2 teams better than both of them in their own region and probably 8 teams better than both of them in 2A statewide.

Last edited:
Bluefield is good. But they’re not 52-14 good

The only way you’re going to put 14 on the board on Bluefield’s starters is by having an athlete that can make something out of nothing and get to the edge (Cam Allen) and outrun them.

Richlands doesn’t have an athlete on the team that can come close to that. Horn is gifted, but he’ll have a 5 star DB following him all over the field.

Richlands line will struggle to give Moir any time at all to throw. Bluefield’s DE just got offered by WVU and there’s not a player in the front 7 that weighs under 215. All fast at every position.

Tazewell scores 18 on them but it was all on the backups. I doubt Freddy Simon will pull his starters against Richlands.

Crazy that Bluefield lost two division 1 running backs from last season and are so much better this year.

Last edited:
The only way you’re going to put 14 on the board on Bluefield’s starters is by having an athlete that can make something out of nothing and get to the edge (Cam Allen) and outrun them.

Richlands doesn’t have an athlete on the team that can come close to that. Horn is gifted, but he’ll have a 5 star DB following him all over the field.

Richlands line will struggle to give Moir any time at all to throw. Bluefield’s DE just got offered by WVU and there’s not a player in the front 7 that weighs under 215. All fast at every position.

Tazewell scores 18 on them but it was all on the backups. I doubt Freddy Simon will pull his starters against Richlands.

Crazy that Bluefield lost two division 1 running backs from last season and are so much better this year.

Actually, Tazewell did score 12 points on the starters. Bluefield opened the 2nd half with backups, Tazewell drove and scored, and then recovered an onside kick. Bluefield didn't like it so they brought their starters back in until the last drive of the game. Tazewell scored two more times and should have had another where a freshman popped a 71 yard run and was called out at the 1. Everyone in the stadium thought he scored. There was a flag thrown at the end of that play which made it 1st and 10 from the 16. Tazewell could not convert.

Bluefield is very good up front, and they have speed everywhere.

Bluefield called the dogs off against Graham at half. I couldnt care less how Graham and Richlands compare. I said on here 2 weeks ago that if Graham didnt clean up their act and stop chippiness and jawing I would be watching Bluefield or Tazewell. Bluefield could have scored 70 or more on Graham.
Just stating my opinion on Bluefield. They are the real deal.

Wouldnt matter who is better between Graham or Richlands right now anyway. There are 2 teams better than both of them in their own region and probably 8 teams better than both of them in 2A statewide.

At Mitchell Stadium

Bluefield.................21 10 0 7 — 38

Graham.....................0 7 7 0 — 14

Actually, Tazewell did score 12 points on the starters. Bluefield opened the 2nd half with backups, Tazewell drove and scored, and then recovered an onside kick. Bluefield didn't like it so they brought their starters back in until the last drive of the game. Tazewell scored two more times and should have had another where a freshman popped a 71 yard run and was called out at the 1. Everyone in the stadium thought he scored. There was a flag thrown at the end of that play which made it 1st and 10 from the 16. Tazewell could not convert.

Bluefield is very good up front, and they have speed everywhere.

Bluefield..............24 14 7 15 — 60
Tazewell.................0 0 12 6 — 18

Bluefield started subbing players in the 2nd quarter. They may have had some starters in to start the second half but not all of them...

Horn is gifted, but he’ll have a 5 star DB following him all over the field.

Maybe, maybe not...he didn't play the entire first half vs. Tazewell due to an issue he had at school earlier in the week and didn't get in the game in the second half because Bluefield pulled their starters. Trust me, his momma was pissed off and pacing the sideline behind the Bluefield bench the entire game.

Bluefield..............24 14 7 15 — 60
Tazewell.................0 0 12 6 — 18

Bluefield started subbing players in the 2nd quarter. They may have had some starters in to start the second half but not all of them...

Yes, all of them. They were fired up too. They did start subbing again late in the fourth.

Yes, all of them. They were fired up too. They did start subbing again late in the fourth.

No they didn't and they were "fired up" because the scrubs were playing you guys toe-to-toe...

Fact is, Bluefield's second team could play with and/or beat most of the teams in the area...not Richlands or Graham, but most (Princeton, PikeView, Tazewell, etc...).

This is the little freshman I was talking about with the long run. The first play is the first drive of the game. The second play is the first drive of the 4th quarter. Those starters must have given the backups their jerseys too?

I am in no way taking anything away from Bluefield. They are a solid team. But to say no body will score 14 against their starters is a stretch. Best of Luck to them the rest of the year! I hope they win back to back state titles.

This is the little freshman I was talking about with the long run. The first play is the first drive of the game. The second play is the first drive of the 4th quarter. Those starters must have given the backups their jerseys too?

I am in no way taking anything away from Bluefield. They are a solid team. But to say no body will score 14 against their starters is a stretch. Best of Luck to them the rest of the year! I hope they win back to back state titles.

I never said nobody could score 14 on the starters. I said the only way you could score 14 on the starters would be to have athletes that could make something out of nothing and out run Bluefield’s secondary.

Tazewell has 3-4 athletes that can run with Bluefield. Richlands has 0.

You are correct, I read it wrong, sorry about that. I guess I got a little jumpy at the backups comment. I apologize.

You are correct, I read it wrong, sorry about that. I guess I got a little jumpy at the backups comment. I apologize.

I seen in the hudl video that on that long run that Bluefield’s starters were in. At least the linebackers/secondary. I stayed until halftime. My backups comment was based on Bluefield having the second string in on the drive right before the half that Blevins fumbled the snap when it looked like they were going to score.

I seen in the hudl video that on that long run that Bluefield’s starters were in. At least the linebackers/secondary. I stayed until halftime. My backups comment was based on Bluefield having the second string in on the drive right before the half that Blevins fumbled the snap when it looked like they were going to score.

No doubt! They had the backups in during the second quarter, and started the 3rd with backups. Tazewell had a nice drive and scored, then got an onside kick recovery. The second play of that drive, Bluefield sent 11 starters on the field. Then it got a little testy from there and both teams played with some emotion til about midway through the 4th. Bluefield scored at will on Tazewell, several 1 play drives.

I think Bluefield will put up a lot of points in this game. Like I said before, Richlands put up 56 on them the last time they were in Richlands. Back then, Bluefields line was inexperienced and got pushed around. The lineplay for Bluefield is outstanding. They have speed to burn at the skill positions. I just feel like the Beavers will be up for this one and will be out to make a statement.

Come on guys, it doesn't matter if Bluefield wins by 1 or 50, a loss is a loss and proves nothing when it comes to Va football. It doesn't prove who is better between this team or that team. Why dont we wait until those teams to play.

That little freshman is super talented and will produce many, many more hi lights in his career.
Tazewell will be a very good team in the next couple of seasons. Next year, very good. The following year, I could see them making a deep run.
They are starting 8 or 9 sophomores and freshmen on both sides of the ball.

Reactions: taz-dog
Come on guys, it doesn't matter if Bluefield wins by 1 or 50, a loss is a loss and proves nothing when it comes to Va football. It doesn't prove who is better between this team or that team. Why dont we wait until those teams to play.

Bluefield plays 3 Virginia AA teams so it’s not a bad measuring stick to use

Reactions: 19GHS87 and taz-dog
Bluefield plays 3 Virginia AA teams so it’s not a bad measuring stick to use

I think you misunderstand my point, it may show how good Bluefield is, but it has no bearing on who is better between the Va teams. If they beat Richlands by 50 and Graham by 10, it doesn't mean Richlands cant beat Graham, it means they didn't fare as well against an out of state team. Let Richlands and Graham decide between themselves who is better, not say they beat us by less so we are better

Nobody is comparing Graham and Richlands. Im just saying that I think that Bluefield will put up big numbers in this game because of the outcome of the game 2 years back. Bluefield definitely could have scored many more points on Graham. I believe they will score a bunch on Richlands. Im not comparing anybody, just testifying to Bluefields strength. Graham and Richlands are both good teams, not near the level of Bluefield, however.

Also, if I were comparing Graham and Richlands, I would give Richlands the edge right now. Graham needs to clean up their act and the defense needs some serious improvement still yet. They cant stop the run. Ive been saying this for weeks, but somehow it is perceived that I want Bluefield to destroy Richlands so Graham looks better???? I have said nothing of the sort. Im a grown man, if I want to say something along those lines, I will say it.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT