ADVERTISEMENT

Buffalo Gap 0 at Stuarts Draft 6 Halftime

Defensive battle early but Draft started to gain momentum and certainly proved they are a force this year. Sideline to sideline speed is extremely good. If I had one critique it would be the use of the passing game. They actually have more opportunities there than they exploited. Not sure if the QB just missed the open receiver due to being locked on to a certain route but they have several that can catch and run. I hated to see the Gap QB hurt, looked to be an ankle maybe. He left on crutches before halftime so prayers for him as its his senior year.

Defensive battle early but Draft started to gain momentum and certainly proved they are a force this year. Sideline to sideline speed is extremely good. If I had one critique it would be the use of the passing game. They actually have more opportunities there than they exploited. Not sure if the QB just missed the open receiver due to being locked on to a certain route but they have several that can catch and run. I hated to see the Gap QB hurt, looked to be an ankle maybe. He left on crutches before halftime so prayers for him as its his senior year.

I was sitting on the Gap side and it looked like an ankle sprain. Draft's D-line is really good, one of the better units I've seen. If Gap's offense could convert just a few more first downs, they would've had better field position and wouldn't have gotten their defense worn out. It showed by game's end that they were gassed. Gap has a great bruising defense, but the offense is inept, even with their starting QB.

I thought the story of this game was the Draft defense. I don't remember Gap having a play all night that gained more than 4 yards and the TV news said that they only had 50 something in total offense. Their deepest penetration was to just inside the Cougar 40. However, the Bison defense was no slouch either and they contained Izzy Johnson better than I expected them to. Draft had to work for everything they got in this one.

Reactions: obguthr
After last night's game, how does the Luray/Gap game look to you guys on Friday? I'm thinking it may be more competitive than originally thought. It's a perfect storm for Luray to pull this one off as Gap is coming off a loss on an abbreviated week that saw their offense look bad (credit the SD defense), and their QB go down.

As for last night's game, the Stuarts Draft defense was highly impressive, particularly the guys up front. Speaking of impressive, number 3 for Gap was a monster defensively last night. I would bet he was in on 20 tackles. I knew the SD defense was good from sideline to sideline, but their physicality when someone ran right at them was my concern-- until last night, as they did a phenomenal job against the Bison offense.

Looking ahead, I'd like to see SD vs Riverheads down the road. Looking like it may be a classic.

Luray's starting running back had surgery on his ankle is what I was told prior to the Page/Luray game. Give Luray credit, they beat Page Saturday night, but I won't go as far as the Luray HS Twitter page and say it was an "impressive" win. Late in the 3rd, Luray was up 14-8 with Page driving. RB fighting for yards went down to the ground, play over right? Wrong, Luray kid grabs ball and refs say fumble and recovery after looking around at one another. Killed Page's momentum and that was that. I don't think Draft should have a really tough time with Luray, but that's why the game is played on the field.

If you like smashmouth football, Luray-Gap will be a good one. Gap's offense just isn't good right now for a variety of reasons. Advantage Luray

Sorry, for some reason I threw Draft in there instead of Gap. Yeah, the Gap/Luray game should be a close one.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT