ADVERTISEMENT

Buffalo Gap Facts

Jan 23, 2004
In regard to the two forfeits by Buffalo Gap I would like to state some facts:
  1. The reason for the player being ineligible for the first ten days of the second semester was due to a guidance issue in which the player was signed up for 1 class to few. Therefore, it lead to Buffalo Gap having to forfeit those previous 2 wins.
  2. It had nothing to do with grades.
  3. If the coach had known he would not have played him.
  4. The situation has been resolved by adding the 1 class.
  5. The player is still a member of the team and has played since the incident.
I would also like to state that I have seen the Bison's play and wish that a lot more talented teams would play with the heart that this team does. Yes, this is the coaches first year at Buffalo Gap and as a head coach but he has the program headed in the right direction!!!

AND AS ALWAYS - JUST THE FACTS

Thanks for the follow up. I don't think anyone said it was due to grades unless I missed something-it was stated as an academic ineligibility which it was-not enough classes to be eligible for competition.

Couldn't agree more with your take on Coach Ward-doing a great job. Hopefully they can get an influx of talent from somewhere-not much coming in the next couple years unfortunately but he will do all he can with what Gap has to offer.

They had to forfeit two wins due to playing an academically ineligible player at the beginning of the 2nd semester. It was an honest mistake but it never should have happened.

That's what 1 referee said in the other post about the situation. Seems like those were the facts. Academically ineligible. Never said it was due to bad grades or anything else. Simply that the player in question was academically ineligible.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT