ADVERTISEMENT

Bulldawgs drop one to Northside

AntGZee

VaPreps Honorable Mention
Gold Member
Nov 30, 2015
The turnover bug killed the Bulldawgs tonite. We had Northside on the ropes but couldn't knock them out. Time to refocus, mos def. Two match ups with GW of Danville this week.

One question, who is the loud fan that holler and scream at his own team?? I heard him and was embarassed for the team!
Lol you have to be talking about Monk Man! I'm from Danville and this man is well known in the area! He's a true fan and very loyal to the program. Heard him and Coach Atkins had it out tonight. I played for Coach Atkins at Carlisle and he can go with the best of them if you know what I mean lol..But there's no Martinsville basketball without Monk Man.

Reactions: AntGZee
Is he really a fan if he belittles his own team players? Hey, i like the Bulldogs and wish them the best but he has to be a distraction to the players and coaches!

The turnover bug killed the Bulldawgs tonite. We had Northside on the ropes but couldn't knock them out. Time to refocus, mos def. Two match ups with GW of Danville this week.
GW has dropped all of its close games this year and they should be worried about Martinsville. I like the Jay Dandridge/Patrick Robinson match-up at point guard. Pat Robinson is on the edge of being a star/D-1 prospect and I think Dandridge is going to show where Pat is. Jay is very physical and a "ball hawk". I really like/love the Cam Bradley/Isaiah Bethel match-up too. 2 guards that can fill up the stat sheet quick and both are instrumental to their respective team's defensive philosophy. GW may be a little bigger than M-ville but Holland will be a difference maker. I don't hype a lot of player's up, but Holland is skilled. Radford is getting a steal and I wish my VCU Rams could've gotten him. Devante Grasty will get Holland. 6'2 but is probably GW's best athlete and is very high energy. Cam Lewis and DeQuan Hairtston are very good guards (IMO Lewis should start) making GW 5 guards deep. I honestly think all 5 of them could start for GW. I like GW in the Dawg Pound, but I think the Dawgs come up 58 East and take the Eagles. Should be 2 great games.

His son was the one who got hurt last night in the 1st half. He definitely doesn't live by the motto " its better to be seen and not heard." He has been like this for years and will be like this for years, we've all learned to live with it.

I watched the game last night and he kept hollering and insulting the point guard and his dad(i guess hes the asst coach) and that made Adkins scream back at him! The players on the bench were even looking up there at him, a clear distraction!!!

One thing that I will say and I'll leave it alone. Monk Man is one that knows how to handle himself if u get my drift. I think his son is a heck of a ball player and I hate that he got hurt and couldn't finish the game.

Reactions: DanvilleSportsHead
Martinsville is a really good team and i would hate to see the defending state champions get derailed over a "fans" behavior. The point guard just got tired and made mistakes because of it and i saw NO need for the kid to get insulted like that! With a solid point guard, excellent defenders and shooters and a great big man inside, i Love watching them play.

Martinsville is a really good team and i would hate to see the defending state champions get derailed over a "fans" behavior. The point guard just got tired and made mistakes because of it and i saw NO need for the kid to get insulted like that! With a solid point guard, excellent defenders and shooters and a great big man inside, i Love watching them play.
I totally agree. Martinsville has hands down the best fan base in VA high school sports. Very loyal fans! A lot of the people around the state look at them as being arrogant, loud, boisterous,cocky but all honesty they just love their team and is used to winning. Martinsville basketball represents winning. Love them or hate them, they're going to be Martinsville. Do I think it's right to yell insults at a kid who is giving their all? Nope..But I know for a fact that these kids are used to it and it shouldn't effect their championship journey.

Well said, is any other player being recruited for basketball? I know the Holland kid is going to Radford but is Dandridge or CamBradley getting any looks at the college level?

Reactions: DanvilleSportsHead
Well said, is any other player being recruited for basketball? I know the Holland kid is going to Radford but is Dandridge or CamBradley getting any looks at the college level?
Jay has signed to play football at Bluefield College along with TyTy Carter. Cam could very well sign with a school to play football, basketball, or run track. Bradley is very talented. If i'm not mistaken, he won a state championship in track.

I had heard he likes basketball more so i wonder have he ruled out playing bball in college? Also, Cam would be a great role player on someones team maybe as a defensive stopper.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT