5. Tazewell (6-3) 185 20.5556
6. Richlands (5-4) 184 20.4444
7. Gate City (4-6) 168 16.8000
8. Marion (3-6) 132 14.6667
9. Battle (2-7) 123 13.6667
10. Virginia (1-8) 122 13.5556
11. Lebanon (1-8) 109 12.1111
12. Lee (0-9) 103 11.4444

Big upsets in C. Floyd beating Radford has giving one seed to Appomattox. Also big shout out to Patrick County. They beat 4A (6-2) Halifax for a big points night. They locked themselves into seventh and have their first non losing season at (5-5) since 2009. The battle now will be 4-6. Glenvar plays Alleghany next week and gets 20 for win. Rider points: Giles and James River play to give them 2 either way. Galax should beat Grayson for 1 point. Hidden Valley I have beating Cave Spring for one more. Radford should beat Carroll for one more. If Riverheads beats Stuart's Draft that would be one more as both are undefeated. That will put them at 206. Riverheads loses 205. Only other change that I see possibly happening is if Cave Spring beats Hidden Valley would give them two instead of one off HV. Then they 207 or 206 depending on Riverheads.
Floyd has bye and will only get rider points: Christiansburg plays Blacksburg which should lose for no points. Patrick, Auburn, and Chiswell are all done. Radford should beat Carroll but two points either way.. I have Giles beating James River for one more and Glenvar beating Alleghany for one. That's a total of 204. Only change I could see is they get two if James River beats Giles for 205. Dan River is done and only gets rider points: Gretna beats Chatham for one. Tunstall loses to Halifax for no points. Magna Vista and Bassett gives them one either way. They will get none from Martinsville who plays GW. Appo beats Nelson for one. Campbell and Altavista give them two either way. That is 5 for 204. Do not see anything possibly changing here. That would put them in tie with Floyd with Glenvar probably nabbing fourth by point or two.

Big upsets in C. Floyd beating Radford has giving one seed to Appomattox. Also big shout out to Patrick County. They beat 4A (6-2) Halifax for a big points night. They locked themselves into seventh and have their first non losing season at (5-5) since 2009. The battle now will be 4-6. Glenvar plays Alleghany next week and gets 20 for win. Rider points: Giles and James River play to give them 2 either way. Galax should beat Grayson for 1 point. Hidden Valley I have beating Cave Spring for one more. Radford should beat Carroll for one more. If Riverheads beats Stuart's Draft that would be one more as both are undefeated. That will put them at 206. Riverheads loses 205. Only other change that I see possibly happening is if Cave Spring beats Hidden Valley would give them two instead of one off HV. Then they 207 or 206 depending on Riverheads.
Floyd has bye and will only get rider points: Christiansburg plays Blacksburg which should lose for no points. Patrick, Auburn, and Chiswell are all done. Radford should beat Carroll but two points either way.. I have Giles beating James River for one more and Glenvar beating Alleghany for one. That's a total of 204. Only change I could see is they get two if James River beats Giles for 205. Dan River is done and only gets rider points: Gretna beats Chatham for one. Tunstall loses to Halifax for no points. Magna Vista and Bassett gives them one either way. They will get none from Martinsville who plays GW. Appo beats Nelson for one. Campbell and Altavista give them two either way. That is 5 for 204. Do not see anything possibly changing here. That would put them in tie with Floyd with Glenvar probably nabbing fourth by point or two.
Hawk...Thank you for taking the time to give the detail info. Next week will be interesting with a virtual lock up at 4-6 spots. Would like to see a 1st round Glenvar/Floyd game at Glenvar obviously which looks promising right right based on your analysis.

Reactions: High School Sportz2
If that holds as is, at least no team with a losing record record will be in in region C

I think Dan River will end up fifth going to Glenvar. They would have tie breaker on Floyd. Patrick County going finish just 8 points from fourth. Had one point loss to Floyd early in year. If they had won that game they would have got fourth and home field first round. All in all besides Chatham going to Appo in first round all other games could be interesting. Patrick going to Radford could be a game. Floyd going to Gretna could be interesting and Dan River going to Glenvar could be interesting matchup.

Here is my seeding prediction. Let's see how close I come.
1. Appomattox 250
2. Radford 242
3. Gretna 228
4. Glenvar 207
5. Dan River 204
6. Floyd 204
7. Patrick 198
8. Chatham 179

1. Ridgeview 256
2. Union 247
3. Graham 229
4. Central 219
5. Richlands 211
6. Tazewell 209
7. Gate City 176
8. Marion 150

Hey hawknation how do you come up with 204 for DR and floyd looks like they are both done so I am assuming rider points just curious

Hey hawknation how do you come up with 204 for DR and floyd looks like they are both done so I am assuming rider points just curious
Yes DR and Floyd only get rider points from teams they played. Above I broke them games down and where them points come from. As long as Glenvar beats Alleghany next week I see very slim possibilities DR or Floyd to take fourth from them. Glenvar pretty solid will get fourth. Really the biggest game to watch is Giles vs. James River. I have Giles winning who Floyd lost to and only giving them one point which has them tied with Dan River. If tiebreaker is like it use to be if there is no head to head or difference in overall record they go by who scored most total points for entire season and DR has that one. I know some usually don't know the total points tie breaker but I know for a fact it use to be that way unless they've changed that in last couple years. But if James River beats Giles Floyd gets two points because they beat JR and that gives them an extra point over DR and they get fifth. Barring major upsets that is best chance to break the tie I have predicted as Giles vs. JR is a toss up. Don't really know what spot DR or Floyd would really want because fifth puts you going to Glenvar but if you could pull off upset you would be traveling to Appomattox. If they finish sixth they are traveling to Gretna and if they could win that one would be traveling to Radford. So they might prefer the sixth place route for best chance making past second round but you would eventually have to travel to Appo either way.

Yes DR and Floyd only get rider points from teams they played. Above I broke them games down and where them points come from. As long as Glenvar beats Alleghany next week I see very slim possibilities DR or Floyd to take fourth from them. Glenvar pretty solid will get fourth. Really the biggest game to watch is Giles vs. James River. I have Giles winning who Floyd lost to and only giving them one point which has them tied with Dan River. If tiebreaker is like it use to be if there is no head to head or difference in overall record they go by who scored most total points for entire season and DR has that one. I know some usually don't know the total points tie breaker but I know for a fact it use to be that way unless they've changed that in last couple years. But if James River beats Giles Floyd gets two points because they beat JR and that gives them an extra point over DR and they get fifth. Barring major upsets that is best chance to break the tie I have predicted as Giles vs. JR is a toss up. Don't really know what spot DR or Floyd would really want because fifth puts you going to Glenvar but if you could pull off upset you would be traveling to Appomattox. If they finish sixth they are traveling to Gretna and if they could win that one would be traveling to Radford. So they might prefer the sixth place route for best chance making past second round but you would eventually have to travel to Appo either way.

Pretty sure if no head to head it goes to record vs common opponents.

A. Ratings Scale
B. Head to head
C. Record vs common opponents
D. If one school had opponent with a non counted 9 game schedule ranked higher than 10
E. Same but just a 9 game
F. Highest winning percentage against ratings scale recognized opponents
G. Team with higher average rating of each team opponents

Sorry hawk nation didn’t read completely what you had wrote just looked at numbers just thinking they would get more riders than that very appreciative for you guys who keep up with those numbers

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT