ADVERTISEMENT

C4 All State team

Very happy for Jaelyn Allen. Wasn't sure whether Salem would be able to get both LBs listed 1st team.

Congrats to all the recipients, well earned from all. Curious to hear if people have any misses or slights.

Very happy for Jaelyn Allen. Wasn't sure whether Salem would be able to get both LBs listed 1st team.

Congrats to all the recipients, well earned from all. Curious to hear if people have any misses or slights.
I think the awards are well deserved. One thing is pretty glaring. Obviously Freshman QB Banks outperformed QB Pearson and QB Francisque in their head to head games while going 2-0 against them. After watching their season performances on video QB Pearson and QB Francisque should do well at the next level. I wish them well.

I think the awards are well deserved. One thing is pretty glaring. Obviously Freshman QB Banks outperformed QB Pearson and QB Francisque in their head to head games while going 2-0 against them. After watching their season performances on video QB Pearson and QB Francisque should do well at the next level. I wish them well.
I would contribute that to the Phantoms defense.

Reactions: gwb16
I would contribute that to the Phantoms defense.
The Phantom defense does not take away from the performance of the freshman. He executed on offense to the tune of 5-0. I'm not saying that the 1st & 2nd team quarterbacks are completely disappointing, I just expected a little bit more out of both of them being that they had prototypical wideouts. However, I am glad that I saw them play in person. The King George QB laid eggs the whole game. His performance was tragic given what was on the line. I believe the Warhill QB performed much better, yet neither were very effective. If I am not mistaken KG and Warhill wideouts are nearly a foot taller than the 2 primary Phoebus wideouts with some posters saying none of them were going to be covered very well. As for RB Peyton Lewis, he is average as he probably had great performances against subpar defenses. I watched Mel Gray play harder in multiple regular season games. Anyone that saw the monster RBs Phoebus produced during the smash mouth running days would take any Phantom back on their worst day over Lewis in the D4 title game. Why? Toe tipping. To be the best on your team you cannot also be ineffective during the most important game of your high school career. He was slightly effective on 1 drive. We now have video proof that no matter where your defense leaves you, the right freshman can throw a beast of a touchdown pass with 1 second left to win the title.

The Phantom defense does not take away from the performance of the freshman. He executed on offense to the tune of 5-0. I'm not saying that the 1st & 2nd team quarterbacks are completely disappointing, I just expected a little bit more out of both of them being that they had prototypical wideouts. However, I am glad that I saw them play in person. The King George QB laid eggs the whole game. His performance was tragic given what was on the line. I believe the Warhill QB performed much better, yet neither were very effective. If I am not mistaken KG and Warhill wideouts are nearly a foot taller than the 2 primary Phoebus wideouts with some posters saying none of them were going to be covered very well. As for RB Peyton Lewis, he is average as he probably had great performances against subpar defenses. I watched Mel Gray play harder in multiple regular season games. Anyone that saw the monster RBs Phoebus produced during the smash mouth running days would take any Phantom back on their worst day over Lewis in the D4 title game. Why? Toe tipping. To be the best on your team you cannot also be ineffective during the most important game of your high school career. He was slightly effective on 1 drive. We now have video proof that no matter where your defense leaves you, the right freshman can throw a beast of a touchdown pass with 1 second left to win the title.
My point was those other 2 QB's had to face Phoebus's defense that really made offenses look bad.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT