ADVERTISEMENT

Casto Stepping Down at RHS

I am certainly not lumping them all in together because some of those guys are great to chew on football with. However there are some that find any excuse to show themselves as irrational. It really doesn't matter since they are unknown entities that are entitled to their opinion like I am.

#RollPride
Irrational is when you drop from 579 down to the 440's in a few short years.

I am sorry that the demographics have change in South Augusta and has us placed unfairly in the division we should be in. You do realize they don't recount every year, correct? So your number stays the same through each cycle even if the student population changes. And since you are so familiar with the area, can you explain the slow but steady lowering of enrollment at the former RE Lee HS or the just as steady rise of enrollment at Wilson Memorial HS? Wilson is in the same county and has seen a jump to 3A from 2A, while RE Lee moved down from 3A to 2A. Does those moves meet your approval or should they bus to RHS to ensure the Red team is at a higher number?

Here is the way it is and you don't have to like it or agree with it but these are the numbers. There are about 110-115 per class in the HS right now which puts us at around 440-450. In about 6 years the number should climb closer to 500 with about 125-130 per class in the elementary school. If you have information that disputes this bring it forward and if you are so sure of the garbage you spew then prove it with data not opinion.

I’m gonna start calling my alma mater’s team “the orange team”. See how ridiculous that sounds? When did that crap start at Riverheads?

Why does it matter what their fans call them? Don't hear people complaining about Appomattox calling themselves the PO1.

Guys, as much as I dislike them, all the stuff is getting ridiculous. We have gone through so many different things to complain about them about. Cheating, enrollment numbers, then to disparage the kids, now what the fans call them?

Gosh, I don't mind if they lose every game, but now I just hope they lose just so everyone stops whining about everything they do. I'll guarantee that if they hadn't won those 5 championships that NO ONE on here would bring up their enrollment, talk badly about their coaches and KIDS, or what they call themselves

[QUOTE="Gunz41, post: 340851, member: 2872

Gosh, I don't mind if they lose every game, but now I just hope they lose just so everyone stops whining about everything they do. I'll guarantee that if they hadn't won those 5 championships that NO ONE on here would bring up their enrollment, talk badly about their coaches and KIDS, or what they call themselves[/QUOTE]

Correct. Do you believe people bring up the enrollment numbers because they may believe that the advantage in numbers may have had a helping hand in their long run? Maybe? I doubt we would hear anything about Barry Bonds or Roger Clemens when it comes to PED use if they were subpar players, but they weren't. Many people bring up the allegations of PED use because they believe that helped Bonds win 7 MVPs and break the HR record. Many people believe PED use helped Clemens win 7 Cy Young awards and continue to sustain excellence later in his career. This all goes hand in hand with success. If (keyword if) RH is benefitting from enrollment numbers I honestly don't care, but to try and call people out for bringing it up solely due to success is a normal trait in the sports world. Many people can respect a champion or record breaking performance/career if it's achieved through merit. But when there's discrepancy with the purity of the championship/record.....then it's pretty common to point out the allegations.

Gunz, how about you don’t lump my annoyed posting in with everyone else’s thoughts on all those other topics. Painting with a broad brush is a negative personality trait.

I simply was wondering when people started referring to Riverheads athletic teams as “the red team”. I didn’t say a word about enrollment, so that dog can hunt elsewhere.

Gunz, how about you don’t lump my annoyed posting in with everyone else’s thoughts on all those other topics. Painting with a broad brush is a negative personality trait.

I simply was wondering when people started referring to Riverheads athletic teams as “the red team”. I didn’t say a word about enrollment, so that dog can hunt elsewhere.

Not once did I lump you into anything. Show me where I did and I will apologize. I didn't come on here and say YOU said anything negative about the players. I didn't come on and say, well since it went through everything else, when the YPC were revealed, does that mean the Riverheads player was still unworthy. Remember someone disparaged that young man, and I believe rightfully so people spoke up. The argument was this and that, then said someone else should have been because of YPC, obviously without knowing the answer for both. I didn't say you said any of that.

But please, tell me that you have an issue with Appomattox calling themselves PO1. Tell me that you would be saying something about RH and their fans say red team if they weren't winning. I'll guarantee there are teams all over that state that have nicknames, why just bring up RH? Calling it ridiculous and crap.

[QUOTE="Gunz41, post: 340851, member: 2872

Gosh, I don't mind if they lose every game, but now I just hope they lose just so everyone stops whining about everything they do. I'll guarantee that if they hadn't won those 5 championships that NO ONE on here would bring up their enrollment, talk badly about their coaches and KIDS, or what they call themselves

Correct. Do you believe people bring up the enrollment numbers because they may believe that the advantage in numbers may have had a helping hand in their long run? Maybe? I doubt we would hear anything about Barry Bonds or Roger Clemens when it comes to PED use if they were subpar players, but they weren't. Many people bring up the allegations of PED use because they believe that helped Bonds win 7 MVPs and break the HR record. Many people believe PED use helped Clemens win 7 Cy Young awards and continue to sustain excellence later in his career. This all goes hand in hand with success. If (keyword if) RH is benefitting from enrollment numbers I honestly don't care, but to try and call people out for bringing it up solely due to success is a normal trait in the sports world. Many people can respect a champion or record breaking performance/career if it's achieved through merit. But when there's discrepancy with the purity of the championship/record.....then it's pretty common to point out the allegations.[/QUOTE]

Sure it can be brought up, but 10 times a year, every year? And the point that it always seems to come with no evidence, yet they are called cheaters. But if you think it being brought up 10 times a year is warranted and not overkill, then whatever

Reactions: naildriver91
Yes, I think calling a team “the red team” comes across as weird. It’s not like it’s a unique identifier. There’s hundreds of teams with red in their school colors. The insinuation in such a nickname is that there’s only one of those teams that is THE red team. That’s why I called it “ridiculous crap”.

The reason I replied to you is you replied to my post. Perhaps you should make each post a separate idea so this kind of conversational confusion doesn’t happen. I would not have said any of that if you made a separate post to address all the other topics. It was included in your reply to me.

You’re right that I only know about this annoying nickname because Riverheads is successful. Doesn’t really change my POV at all. Appo is a successful team and I’ve never heard of their nickname (although it’s not similar at all as there are no other VA teams that could claim it as far as I understand).

Yes, I think calling a team “the red team” comes across as weird. It’s not like it’s a unique identifier. There’s hundreds of teams with red in their school colors. The insinuation in such a nickname is that there’s only one of those teams that is THE red team. That’s why I called it “ridiculous crap”.

The reason I replied to you is you replied to my post. Perhaps you should make each post a separate idea so this kind of conversational confusion doesn’t happen. I would not have said any of that if you made a separate post to address all the other topics. It was included in your reply to me.

You’re right that I only know about this annoying nickname because Riverheads is successful. Doesn’t really change my POV at all. Appo is a successful team and I’ve never heard of their nickname (although it’s not similar at all as there are no other VA teams that could claim it as far as I understand).

I think, from an outsider perspective, that "red team" actually may be what you are saying, i.e. being the only Red Team. Appomattox PO1 is Power of 1, as in all together, their coach is very religious as well.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT