ADVERTISEMENT

Cayden Cook Cash

Per his Twitter account, Triple C has committed to UVA.
Would have liked to see him wearing burnt orange and Maroon, but so happy for 3C. Kid has over a 4.1 GPA and will be a beast at middle linebacker for UVA. He's a hard worker in addition to his natural talent. He's a star in the making. Congrats 3C. Well done. I met his dad in Salem. I know he's proud of this young man.

Would have liked to see him wearing burnt orange and Maroon, but so happy for 3C. Kid has over a 4.1 GPA and will be a beast at middle linebacker for UVA. He's a hard worker in addition to his natural talent. He's a star in the making. Congrats 3C. Well done. I met his dad in Salem. I know he's proud of this young man.
He is a nice young man and a hard worker, but he has a lot more work and improving to do to go from preferred walk-on to beast. Imo, he will be a scholarship player by 3rd or 4th year and possibly contribute on special teams around the same time. Great HS player, but there is a reason he only has bigger school offers from Maine and UVA. If there were any others, he never posted about them.

My hope for him is that he gets to play enough at some point to make it worthwhile. When I watch any college game on TV, and see that some teams have 100 or more players, I wonder why some of them are even there if the same 30 or so are going to play the entire game. Of course in his case, it sounds like he will also excel academically at UVa and that might be of equal or greater importance to him.

Reactions: gwb16
I think some of them are there because they love it. Just making the team is a dream come true for some players.

In some cases football provides the structure and balance that allows them to succeed in college. The training and practice schedule is a grind and it is time consuming, but some high school players have been used to balancing organized team activities and sports since middle school. So being a part of the team keeps them straight.

My hope for him is that he gets to play enough at some point to make it worthwhile. When I watch any college game on TV, and see that some teams have 100 or more players, I wonder why some of them are even there if the same 30 or so are going to play the entire game. Of course in his case, it sounds like he will also excel academically at UVa and that might be of equal or greater importance to him.
The college education, honestly, should be the #1 goal. If anything beyond that develops, great...but get that education first to secure his future after football. I think he's taking the right path...Something tells me he's going to be a highly successful adult in LIFE...with or without football.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT