ADVERTISEMENT

Graham star RB/DE transferring to Princeton High (WV)

Nov 27, 2023
IMG-0366.jpg
Per Daniel Jenning’s “X” account he is “ready to help bring some rings to his hometown” of Princeton, West Virginia

The sophomore was a first team all state selection and holds a division 1 offer from WVU.

Kid is being looked at by Multiple D1 Schools already and has had numerous visits already. He will be a big time recruit before he leaves High School. He will be an absolute terror at DE for the Tigers (Princeton, WV). Huge loss for Graham, on both sides of the ball. Graham still returns a ton of talent and will still be one of the favorites to win it all, but the defense takes a big hit losing this guy. He simply cannot be replaced and they will have to try to develop a quality DE to take his place, I have no clue who that could possibly be, can't replace that kid's athleticism and frame, he looks the part of a D1 athlete and is the part. I wish him the best of luck. I understand he is a great kid, excellent student and has great character. I look forward to seeing him on Saturdays and have really enjoyed seeing him develop these past 2 years at GHS.

Kid is being looked at by Multiple D1 Schools already and has had numerous visits already. He will be a big time recruit before he leaves High School. He will be an absolute terror at DE for the Tigers (Princeton, WV). Huge loss for Graham, on both sides of the ball. Graham still returns a ton of talent and will still be one of the favorites to win it all, but the defense takes a big hit losing this guy. He simply cannot be replaced and they will have to try to develop a quality DE to take his place, I have no clue who that could possibly be, can't replace that kid's athleticism and frame, he looks the part of a D1 athlete and is the part. I wish him the best of luck. I understand he is a great kid, excellent student and has great character. I look forward to seeing him on Saturdays and have really enjoyed seeing him develop these past 2 years at GHS.
Good post. I personally thought he was Graham’s best player last season. There wasn’t a team in 2a that could block him 1 on 1 when I watched him.

Reactions: 19GHS87
IMG-0366.jpg
Per Daniel Jenning’s “X” account he is “ready to help bring some rings to his hometown” of Princeton, West Virginia

The sophomore was a first team all state selection and holds a division 1 offer from WVU.

Wish him all the best, he’s a great kid!

Graham does a great job coaching kids up and developing them hopefully, they’ll be able to do that with DE to replace him.

I just saw on 247 where this kid has an offer already from WVU.

Good luck to this young man and his life choices. But I do always wonder how these kids can just up and leave their boys like this for what doesn't even seem like a better opportunity. Something soulless(not necessarily talking about this kid) about not wanting to finish your career with the guys you've been grinding and winning with already.

Good luck to this young man and his life choices. But I do always wonder how these kids can just up and leave their boys like this for what doesn't even seem like a better opportunity. Something soulless(not necessarily talking about this kid) about not wanting to finish your career with the guys you've been grinding and winning with already.
Hypothetically, parents can get teed off about something stupid, make an emotional decision , and kid has no say in the matter. Seen it happen many times. Another hypothetical, parent wants to have influence over how their kid is utilized or think they’re not being utilized enough, maybe not even in the main sport they play so transfer because they don’t get their way. Seen that happen too. Transferring abruptly right after basketball season mid-year one tends to think whatever the situation, it was an emotional reaction to something ; otherwise just wait until the end of the year. I can say his teammates were shocked & saddened according to one of the dads I know. Wish him all the best nonetheless. The coach at Princeton is a top notch guy so the kid is in good hands as far as that goes.

I agree with what you’re saying 1000%. The transfer portal culture is disgusting to me.

To be fair about this situation though -
This kid already left the kids he grew up playing with to go to Graham. He’s just going back home to play.

driving across the state line has to be hard on the pockets too

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT