Sep 8 @ Staunton
Sep 15 @ Amelia County
Sep 29 @ King William
Oct 6 @ Clarke County*
Oct 13. @ Madison County*
Oct 20 vs Luray*
Oct 27 vs Page County*
Nov 3 @ Strasburg*

Pretty underrated grueling schedule for the Falcons. They will certainly be battle tested. Big Red Machine coming to town WEEK 1 is pretty awesome, and traveling to King William (likely Region A favorites). Plus the Bull Run is always competitive.

I don't have a dog in this fight, other than the obvious one when RHS visits Central for the first game of the season, but something is not adding up here. When you look at the newly-posted schedule that just came out from the VHSL, they have Central playing 11 games total and SIX in a row on the road, not just the five that our original poster mentioned. The VHSL schedule has them playing a game at Colonial Beach which is not on his schedule. My guess is that there is a misprint somewhere or other, and that they only have 10 games and possibly even a normal 5-5 home/away split.

I don't have a dog in this fight, other than the obvious one when RHS visits Central for the first game of the season, but something is not adding up here. When you look at the newly-posted schedule that just came out from the VHSL, they have Central playing 11 games total and SIX in a row on the road, not just the five that our original poster mentioned. The VHSL schedule has them playing a game at Colonial Beach which is not on his schedule. My guess is that there is a misprint somewhere or other, and that they only have 10 games and possibly even a normal 5-5 home/away split.

Maybe. They did host Colonial Beach last year so it would make sense that they would travel there this year for a home and home. My guess is that game was dropped but I could be wrong.

Hope it works out for you. That many away games in a row, even if it turns out to be just the five, would be rough for a lot of reasons. If it won't be too much trouble, please consider losing that first home game, so you can then make up for it on the road. Just tell your players how much fun a bus trip back home can be after you have spoiled a game for the home team. Thanks in advance for your cooperation!!!

• Haha
Reactions: blackknight_pride
Hope it works out for you. That many away games in a row, even if it turns out to be just the five, would be rough for a lot of reasons. If it won't be too much trouble, please consider losing that first home game, so you can then make up for it on the road. Just tell your players how much fun a bus trip back home can be after you have spoiled a game for the home team. Thanks in advance for your cooperation!!!
It will be a great measuring stick game for both teams! Likely playoff preview as well...

Maybe. They did host Colonial Beach last year so it would make sense that they would travel there this year for a home and home. My guess is that game was dropped but I could be wrong.
Isn't this year, the 1st in a new 2 year cycle? I think both schools had openings last year due to a scheduled opponent not being able to field a team and they ended up playing each other to fill out the schedule.

This is the start of a new 2-year cycle. I thought the same thing as you, but the Woodstock-CB game was listed on the first version of the 2022 VHSL schedule that was released on June 22 of last year. So, I'm sure it was just a one-year deal. The Woodstock schedule posted above is the same that is posted on the school's rschool site.

Regarding the above reference to the Central/RHS game being a preview of a regional match, I am sure that will be a possibility. Goodness knows that Stuarts Draft and Buffalo Gap have each seen plenty of the Bull Run teams at playoff time in recent years, so it is only logical to assume that Riverheads will as well. We have had some memorable games in the past with Central, Strasburg and Clarke; and of course we were district mates for a number of years with Page, Luray and East Rock. The only Bull Run team I can think of that we have not faced in a while is Madison. Wouldn't mind the chance to finally beat them in football.

That's a very tough schedule for Central-Woodstock. As for King William being the likely Region A favorites, Poquoson might disagree on that. If King William is the Region A favorites, then they are co-favorites with Poquoson.
If Poquoson's line play is solid, they will be tough....

Is Cook Cash staying at Riverheads? I would love to see him against that Central D

Is Cook Cash staying at Riverheads? I would love to see him against that Central D
I cannot imagine why he would transfer so I’d say you’ll get that chance. He’s an elite player for sure, fun to watch. By the same token, Tyler Forbes from Central is a stud. I was so impressed by him in the championship game with Graham. Kid has zero quit ! Tough as nails!

I cannot imagine why he would transfer so I’d say you’ll get that chance. He’s an elite player for sure, fun to watch. By the same token, Tyler Forbes from Central is a stud. I was so impressed by him in the championship game with Graham. Kid has zero quit ! Tough as nails!
Forbes is a stud for sure. He was so hard on himself for that fumble in the championship game. He is one of the toughest kids I have seen in our area. I just heard rumors that Cook Cash could be leaving RH. Rumors are Rumors and I would hope he stays to try and get another ring at 2a

Forbes rushed for over 100yds on Graham and had a lot of tackles. I don't know if Graham had another guy rush for over 100 against them other than Pennix.who had 144.

Forbes rushed for over 100yds on Graham and had a lot of tackles. I don't know if Graham had another guy rush for over 100 against them other than Pennix.who had 144.
I honestly don’t know if anyone else rushed for more than a 100 yds but Forbes could grind it out and get 3 or 4 more when you thought he was down. He was without a doubt their best player. I was hoping to get to see their kicker knock a long one through the uprights as I heard he could do that. Pennix was amazing too! I can’t wait to see how he develops at VT.

I was impressed as well with Tyler Forbes, he reminds u of Mike Alstott from Tampa Bay, should be a battle of defenses who can stop each teams stud rb, CCC will have a monster SR season, hope his shoulder stays healthy, he received his first of many scholarships last week, GO BIG RED

I cannot imagine why he would transfer so I’d say you’ll get that chance. He’s an elite player for sure, fun to watch. By the same token, Tyler Forbes from Central is a stud. I was so impressed by him in the championship game with Graham. Kid has zero quit ! Tough as nai

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT