ADVERTISEMENT

Chaos in Region D

Aug 20, 2018
Have you guys seen what’s going on in region D??

Graham is quarentined, which cancelled their game with Richlands. Virginia High is quarantined and cancels their game with Tazewell.
Richlands picks up Radford instead this week to make up for it but apparently it won’t matter because the SWD votes to send Graham and Tazewell to the playoffs.

Richlands fans are crying the “blues” thinking they didn’t get a fair shot! What’s going on over there??

Reactions: 19GHS87
Wow, incredible stuff. 3 solid teams in the SWD, and it's a shame a virus will not let that bunch settle it on the field. I wish all the Graham folks good health and a quick recovery. Man, I'm tired of the virus and ready for it to end.

Some would say it’s sad.

some would say it makes sense since Richlands has already lost to Graham & Tazewell this season.

For those who don’t know - Richlands & Graham were supposed to play twice this season. They played opening week and graham won by 26ish points. The game that got cancelled would’ve been the second game. The first game was “non-district” second game was a district game.

if Richlands would’ve won this game that got cancelled then there would’ve been a 3 waytie for 1st place in the district. If that would’ve happened then there would’ve been a hat draw to see who got left out of the playoffs. They were literally okay with drawing names out of a hat. What a mess!

In my opinion - Graham & Tazewell have both already beat Richlands so they deserve to be in over Richlands.

the big argument is - does Richlands deserve to be in over Union?

Reactions: Mike777VSP and PQMM
It does sound like a messy situation. Many years ago, Riverheads and somebody up north (don't remember who) were tied for a regional spot. One team would go the other would not. I was not involved first-hand but the story I heard was that they flipped a coin, Riverheads got to call it, and the person supposedly said "well the school IS named RiverHEADS."

Reactions: oldfool2
Some would say it’s sad.

some would say it makes sense since Richlands has already lost to Graham & Tazewell this season.

For those who don’t know - Richlands & Graham were supposed to play twice this season. They played opening week and graham won by 26ish points. The game that got cancelled would’ve been the second game. The first game was “non-district” second game was a district game.

if Richlands would’ve won this game that got cancelled then there would’ve been a 3 waytie for 1st place in the district. If that would’ve happened then there would’ve been a hat draw to see who got left out of the playoffs. They were literally okay with drawing names out of a hat. What a mess!

In my opinion - Graham & Tazewell have both already beat Richlands so they deserve to be in over Richlands.

I should put some context to my earlier post.. the guy I'm calling out in that post is one of those "we need to stay locked down forever" types who straight up told me that if it means people losing their livelihoods so that his child would not get "sick", then so be it.. and now to watch him whining about this situation over on the SWVA board is rather... well... amusing. Be careful what you wish for.

I'm saddened by what the kids all across the state have had to endure, along with the fans, the parents, etc. The whole situation is sad and it did not have to be this way.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mike777VSP
The outcome of the game between Graham and Richlands would not have changed who made the playoffs in Region D. Glad Richlands and Radford found a replacement game.

Some would say it’s sad.

Another big argument is Ridgeview who is off of Covid Protocol now. I've read some stuff saying Ridgeview would also handle Union this year. So, it's interesting for the Bears to be getting in when not 1, but possibly 2 other teams in Ridgeview and Richlands back in that Region are probably better than Union, but Ridgeview and Richlands will be staying home. Calpreps projection has Richlands beating Union by 7 points this year and is has Ridgeview beating Union by 2 TD's this year by a score of 28-13.

Another big argument is Ridgeview who is off of Covid Protocol now. I've read some stuff saying Ridgeview would also handle Union this year. So, it's interesting for the Bears to be getting in when not 1, but possibly 2 other teams in Ridgeview and Richlands back in that Region are probably better than Union, but Ridgeview and Richlands will be staying home. Calpreps projection has Richlands beating Union by 7 points this year and is has Ridgeview beating Union by 2 TD's this year by a score of 28-13.
Give me a link for the current calpreps projections, i cant seem to get past years page. Also i have not had time to look hard but if Radford beats Richlands this weekend is it possible for radford to go around Glenvar in points?

oldfool2, the 2020 projections on CalPreps are the current projections. Keep in mind, even though it's 2021, it's the 2020 season and their projections for this season, right now, are under the 2020 listing. By the way oldfool, your boys from Appo are projected over Draft and Graham to win.

As for the Cats jumping Glenvar, the question is.....do we jump Fort Chiswell? If Fort Chiswell beats Galax (and they have a reasonable chance to do so), then Fort Chiswell will be the 2 seed over Glenvar and Radford. If we (Radford) lose to Richlands, it's automatic regardless of whether Fort Chiswell loses to Galax that Radford is the 4 seed and will be playing at Appo in the first round of the playoffs.

oldfool2, the 2020 projections on CalPreps are the current projections. Keep in mind, even though it's 2021, it's the 2020 season and their projections for this season, right now, are under the 2020 listing. By the way oldfool, your boys from Appo are projected over Draft and Graham to win.

As for the Cats jumping Glenvar, the question is.....do we jump Fort Chiswell? If Fort Chiswell beats Galax (and they have a reasonable chance to do so), then Fort Chiswell will be the 2 seed over Glenvar and Radford. If we (Radford) lose to Richlands, it's automatic regardless of whether Fort Chiswell loses to Galax that Radford is the 4 seed and will be playing at Appo in the first round of the playoffs.
I'm going to try cal preps again.. I have not gotten past year 2019.

Dan River has already tweeted out they will
Be participating in the Region 2C playoffs with Nelson forfeiting to Appomattox should be 1. Appo 2.DR

Radford vs Richlands should be fun to watch. When is the game? I would like to see Radford in the playoffs

I should put some context to my earlier post.. the guy I'm calling out in that post is one of those "we need to stay locked down forever" types who straight up told me that if it means people losing their livelihoods so that his child would not get "sick", then so be it.. and now to watch him whining about this situation over on the SWVA board is rather... well... amusing. Be careful what you wish for.

I'm saddened by what the kids all across the state have had to endure, along with the fans, the parents, etc. The whole situation is sad and it did not have to be this way.

You can disagree with my opinion all you want. In the end, that’s what it is — an opinion. Mine is no better than yours, just as yours is no better than mine. Neither of us have any power in making a single decision on the matter. We laid low and didn’t go out much, and my household stayed virus free. If you chose to live your life a different way, I sincerely hope your family stayed safe over the previous year. I’ve put the things you’ve said about me and my family in the past, and I’ve tried to make amends and end this foolish skirmish. I’m sorry for things I may have said that were out of line. I hope we can put this in the past once and for all.

Reactions: Fairlawncat
That was anything but fun. It was painful to watch. Richlands was undisciplined from start to finish. The sportsmanship was , well... nevermind.

The issues were talked about in practice this week. They came out flat and feeling sorry for themselves and then lost their cool in the second half.

Hoping this group of seniors can rally the team and get them back up for a win against Ridgeview to close out the season on Saturday.

Reactions: Fairlawncat
You can disagree with my opinion all you want. In the end, that’s what it is — an opinion. Mine is no better than yours, just as yours is no better than mine. Neither of us have any power in making a single decision on the matter. We laid low and didn’t go out much, and my household stayed virus free. If you chose to live your life a different way, I sincerely hope your family stayed safe over the previous year. I’ve put the things you’ve said about me and my family in the past, and I’ve tried to make amends and end this foolish skirmish. I’m sorry for things I may have said that were out of line. I hope we can put this in the past once and for all.
Ryan4VT, you are a classy dude. I'm also happy that you and your family stayed safe through Covid. Best wishes to the Blue Tornado next year. I think Wells can flat out coach and the future for Richlands looks very good as long as he is there.

Ryan4VT, you are a classy dude. I'm also happy that you and your family stayed safe through Covid. Best wishes to the Blue Tornado next year. I think Wells can flat out coach and the future for Richlands looks very good as long as he is there.
I’ve certainly lost my cool in the past. And I’ll be the first to admit that I did when things were said about my wife. I took a long sabbatical from message boards and social media following that and tried to work on myself for the last 6 months or so. It’s a work in progress — and part of that is letting go of what was said and trying to make amends and move forward. Life’s too short to hold that stuff in and let it consume you.

• Haha
Reactions: PQMM
I’ve certainly lost my cool in the past. And I’ll be the first to admit that I did when things were said about my wife. I took a long sabbatical from message boards and social media following that and tried to work on myself for the last 6 months or so. It’s a work in progress — and part of that is letting go of what was said and trying to make amends and move forward. Life’s too short to hold that stuff in and let it consume you.
Bull Crap. You hopped off the boards over there for a month or two because the dude from Giles along with a couple others were calling you a crybaby. Much the same way I did and still do. I was already long gone from the site by that time. I'm shocked you didnt stomp away this time either as someone over there mentioned you do this from time to time when you don't get your way. You also fail to mention that you contacted me and continued to contact me by DM on that site and that is when I started calling you out. Had I wanted to be real crappy I could have aired your dirty laundry out for everyone to see but I'm not like that. And yet you still went and whined to the admins.

Regardless, I'm not here to even talk about any of that. I'm here to laugh at your hypocrisy. Five months ago you were one of those "if even one person has this then we need to stay shutdown forever" and now, since it affects something you love, aka Richlands football, you're getting all upset about it. How rich. Instead you needed to say "well, that is the risk with this almighty virus and it's a shame it happened to my team, but deep down I'm grateful it did... blah blah" instead of crying about it.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT