ADVERTISEMENT

Charlottesville @ Woodgrove

blackknight_pride

VaPreps Honorable Mention
Sep 27, 2016
Harrisonburg
I know many of you will say Woodgrove by a lot (me being one of them) but thoughts? Charlottesville's offense has been rolling these past 3 weeks, scoring 56, 54 and 48. Woodgrove hasn't quite faced a team that plays like Cville yet. I hope it will be close, and you never know.

Too many points surrendered facing a team who's put up 50 or more 5 of the last 6 weeks (and the other week was 48).

Cville's offense and speed is comparable to Jefferson Forest of last year, with a big, strong, and fast fullback in addition. You never know....

I know many of you will say Woodgrove by a lot (me being one of them) but thoughts? Charlottesville's offense has been rolling these past 3 weeks, scoring 56, 54 and 48. Woodgrove hasn't quite faced a team that plays like Cville yet. I hope it will be close, and you never know.
How do you know they haven't played a team like Cville? They've played teams better than Cville. Dominion Heritage etc

He said a team that plays like Cville. Meaning Cville runs the Massaponax triple option and can pass too.

How do you know they haven't played a team like Cville? They've played teams better than Cville. Dominion Heritage etc

First off I'm not sure we're worse then Heritage IMO. Anyway I was just saying they haven't played a team that PLAYS like Cville, with 3 running backs and a 260 pound fullback that can RUN. No team they've played runs the triple option.

Reactions: DanvilleSportsHead
I just saw Folley's goal line hurdle on the news, sheesh. It got play of the week on NBC 29.

Last edited:
Cville's offense and speed is comparable to Jefferson Forest of last year, with a big, strong, and fast fullback in addition. You never know....

Yea, but we all know what happened to JF when they met an equally explosive offense that had a defense to match.

Yes, not saying Cville can beat Salem. Just saying they have the offensive talent and the capability of upsetting Woodgrove.

Yes, not saying Cville can beat Salem. Just saying they have the offensive talent and the capability of upsetting Woodgrove.

No no, nothing about Salem being better than Cville or anything. I'm saying the game is more comparable to Salem/JF last year with Woodgrove being Salem in this case. The issue in that game was Salem scored at will and got some stops on JF and they simply couldn't catch back up. I think a shootout is likely and if Cville can't keep pace then Woodgrove will just slowly pull away.

I don't think it's an impossible task for Cville since football in that neck of the woods can be awfully unpredictable but it's a 1 vs 8 for a reason (it's a 1 vs 8, right?)

Well I really think Woodgrove isn't close to Salem's level this year, haha. They're improved defensively, but they'll still struggle with Cville's offense. Maybe Cville's defense can shock us and slow down Woodgrove the same way they did Champe.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT