ADVERTISEMENT

Christiansburg at Salem

SpartanOfYore

VaPreps Honorable Mention
Sep 15, 2009
Christiansburg comes in after its open week hoping to improve upon their 4-27 deficit in the series with Salem. The Blue Demons look to be a little bit improved over last season. They are off to a 3-1 start, with the three wins coming over Class 2 teams that have a combined record of 5-10. The one loss came two weeks ago, 41-19 to Rockbridge County. Rougher waters lay just ahead, as C’burg enters the district part of its schedule; the Blue Demons would probably be favored to win only one of their six remaining games, that against Cave Spring.

Thoughts? Can C’burg keep this one close, or even pull off the big upset? Salem, with a starting offense that features very few seniors, has been leaving points on the field, especially so last week against Blacksburg. This is a game that, on paper, Salem should win decisively. Halfway through the regular season, will the Spartans start getting sharper and more efficient in the red zone?

Last edited:
Pretty impressed Cburg's actually winning again. They've already matched the combined win total of the past 3 seasons. Not sure that'll help them tonight but it's progress.

Pretty impressed Cburg's actually winning again. They've already matched the combined win total of the past 3 seasons. Not sure that'll help them tonight but it's progress.
Always surprised me why Cburg didn't consistently have a winning football program with such a strong wrestling program. You would think those 2 would play into one another.

Always surprised me why Cburg didn't consistently have a winning football program with such a strong wrestling program. You would think those 2 would play into one another.
Not many of the wrestlers for cburg play football. I think Maston Stanley is the only one. The rest wrestle all year round in major national tournaments.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT