Class 2, Girl's Region A:
- Quarters on Tues. Feb. 20 at Top Seeds
- Semis on Thurs. Feb. 22

#8 Central-Lunenburg at #1 John Marshall
#4 Prince Edward vs. #5 Greensville
#3 Poquoson (12-8) vs. #6 Amelia
#10 Bruton vs. #2 King William

Class 2, Boy's Region A: Opening Round on Fri. Feb. 16
#8 Nottoway (7-12) at #1 John Marshall (19-3)
#4 Amelia (15-7) vs. #5 Arcadia (12-10)
#3 Greensville County (19-5) vs. Randolph-Henry at KW
(moved to Sat. Feb. 17 at 4 PM)
#6 Nandua (12-9) vs. #7 King William (8-12)
#10 Randolph-Henry (7-12) vs. #2 Bruton (16

Last edited:
Reactions: pizzzzza
GIRLS:
#10 Bruton 53 #7 Windsor 48
#8 Lunenburg (Central) 77 #9 Nandua 42

BOYS:
#8 Nottoway 62 #9 Southampton 49
#7 King William 72 #10 Randolph-Henry 69

Last edited:
Class 2, Girl's Region A:
- Quarters on Tues. Feb. 20 at Top Seeds
- Semis on Thurs. Feb. 22

#8 Central-Lunenburg at #1 John Marshall
#4 Prince Edward vs. #5 Greensville
#3 Poquoson (12-8) vs. #6 Amelia
#7 Windsor vs. #2 King William

Class 2, Boy's Region A: Opening Round on Fri. Feb. 16
#8 Nottoway (7-12) at #1 John Marshall (19-3)
#4 Amelia (15-7) vs. #5 Arcadia (12-10)
#3 Greensville County (19-5) vs. Randolph-Henry at KW
(moved to Sat. Feb. 17 at 4 PM)
#6 Nandua (12-9) vs. #7 King William (8-12)
#10 Randolph-Henry (7-12) vs. #2 Bruton (16
Hey EPJr,

I had Bruton beating Windsor in the girls opening round game - I see you have Windsor listed vs King William in the next round - did I have it wrong?

Boys Basketball Final:

2A Regional Quarterfinal:

#2 Bruton 75-52 #7 King William

#2 Bruton will host winner of #3 Greensville and #6 Nandua.

GIRLS:

Final in VHSL Region 2A Girls Hoops Tournament

#10 Bruton 59 #2 King William 43.

So, the 2nd best and 3rd best teams in the state of Virginia boys Class 2 (Bruton and Greensville County) will meet in the regional semi's and one of those 2 will not even advance to the final 16 in the state.

Actually isn't this a "final 16" game when Bruton plays Greensville?
Correct, should have wrote, advance "beyond" the final 16. As a Radford fan seeing us, Floyd, Glenvar and Martinsville once and watching several in Region D, I don't think any team from the west (Region C or D) would play within 15 pts of Greensville County or Bruton this year.

Reactions: pizzzzza
Greensville lost tonight against Nandua 47-46
Wow. Greensville and Floyd both losing. That's a 2 seed and a 3 seed going down in the round of 16. Nandua must be good. Thr Greensville team I saw looked awesome.

Wow. Greensville and Floyd both losing. That's a 2 seed and a 3 seed going down in the round of 16. Nandua must be good. Thr Greensville team I saw looked awesome.
They haven't looked like the same team from earlier in the season that I saw either the last couple of games for whatever reason.

Last edited:
Nobody going to post the JM score??? 105-23 with JM playing press defense till the end.
According to Matthew Hatfield:

Dating back to last season, John Marshall has won its last 7 playoff games by an average of 68 points (107-39).

The defending two-time VHSL Class 2 State Champs, John Marshall, had six players score in double figures as they advance to the Region 2A Semis with a 105-23 win over Nottoway!

The defending two-time VHSL Class 2 State Champs, John Marshall, had six players score in double figures as they advance to the Region 2A Semis with a 105-23 win over Nottoway!
Do they play Amelia or Arcadia?

I can't seem to find that score anywhere.

LUNENBURG CENTRAL CHARGERS
GIRL'S FINAL
JOHN MARSHALL JUSTICES

Imagine that! A Nationally recruited team, playing two A,and they’re the favorites! Disgraceful!! oh, and they’re running the score up! #Classless

Imagine that! A Nationally recruited team, playing two A,and they’re the favorites! Disgraceful!! oh, and they’re running the score up! #Classless

YOU LOST OR SOMETHING!
GO FREEDOM!!!!!!

Ok I found the score.

#4 Amelia 65
#5 Arcadia 62

Amelia will face JM in the regional semifinals.

Nandua will face Bruton in the other semi.

GIRLS QF:

#4 Prince Edward 41
#5 Greensville 25

#6 Amelia 50
#3 Poquson 49

So it will be JM vs PE

and

Amelia vs Bruton

in the region semis.

Yep, because honestly I just scroll past 2A. There's no point in being interested
I'm still trying to rack my head around Greensville losing to Nandua? Does anyone know if Greensville had injuries or something? Nandua lost my 30 points to Brunswick (who is very good) but Greensville beat Brunswick the first time by 13 points. Greensville by looking at scores appeared to not be the same team the last 4 games. Lost to Brunswick by nearly 20, beat Windsor which is terrible, then lost to Franklin (who is good) by 18 points. Greensville County beat Franklin twice before by 2 pts and 8 pts, then Greensville loses to to Nandua? I just wonder what happened their last 4 games. Injuries or players suspended. Just completely a different team.

Reactions: BoKnowsSports
I'm still trying to rack my head around Greensville losing to Nandua? Does anyone know if Greensville had injuries or something? Nandua lost my 30 points to Brunswick (who is very good) but Greensville beat Brunswick the first time by 13 points. Greensville by looking at scores appeared to not be the same team the last 4 games. Lost to Brunswick by nearly 20, beat Windsor which is terrible, then lost to Franklin (who is good) by 18 points. Greensville County beat Franklin twice before by 2 pts and 8 pts, then Greensville loses to to Nandua? I just wonder what happened their last 4 games. Injuries or players suspended. Just completely a different team.
Their head coach had to sit a couple of games because he got ejected when they lost to Brunswick by nearly 20. I don't know about if they had any injuries but they weren't the same team I saw play Brunswick the first time at the Christmas tournament. Their starting center didn't play last night either for what's it worth.

• Wow
Reactions: BoKnowsSports
#2 @BrutonHS
Boys Basketball won the Regional Semifinal game tonight 57-48 over #6 Nandua.

Before the game Brandon Freeman (11th grade) was honored for 1,000 career points!

Watching Amelia/JM game on NFHS

Amelia is not playing a bad game - at least not playing intimidated, from what I've seen.

FINAL:

#1 John Marshall 114 #4 Amelia 59

JM vs Bruton for Region A title

428617669_966647291636466_5809241659703211918_n.jpg
429664007_966647461636449_1169759629301715046_n.jpg

Class 2, Region A Championship @ Huguenot High School.

2/23 @ 6:00pm - Girls: JMHS vs Amelia.​

2/23 @7:30pm - Boys: JMHS vs Bruton.​

Last edited:
Region 2A Hoops Championship at the Half - John Marshall 51, Bruton 30.

End 3rdQ in Region 2A Hoops Championship - John Marshall 80, Bruton 40.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT