Hopewell vs Skyline @ Warren County HS
Northside vs Cave Spring Round 4 @ Hidden Valley HS

Girls:
Meridian vs Brentsville @ McLean HS
Carroll County vs Liberty Christian @ Pulaski County HS

Give me your thoughts!

Boys finals: Hopewell over Northside
Girls finals: Carroll County over Meridian

All these games should be great, watched hopewell last night against William Monroe there defense was just smothering wm! Monroe played tough in the 2nd half but hopewell was to talented fast and athletic. Hopewell played there 2nd team the last 4 minutes of the game. Hopewell/Skyline should be exciting as I have said before it hopewell can play 4 quarters of basketball they are hard to beat.

Cave Spring over Hopewell

Carroll County over Meridian again

Back to back CHIPS for both

Reactions: BoKnowsSports
Skyline definitely can't miss as many free throws as they did last night.

Cave Spring repeats. Too big for.Northside and better than Hopewell or Skyline. Not a fan of Cave. That’s just the way it’s probably gonna go.

Hopewell is the quickest and most athletic team left and play awesome defense I think if that's the case Hopewell/ Cave Springs Hopewell will win it.

Northside beat Cave Spring two out of three. Why is everyone writing them off now? I won't even mention the Skyline game, since I can't be objective.

I'm not writing Northside off. A game between Cave Spring and Northside can go either way. I'm simply picking Cave Spring as a personal pick.

Northside can only beat Cave by creating tons of turnovers, or if Cave shoots poorly. If Cave takes care of the ball, and shoots decent, they win. That said, maybe undefeated Skyline really has a magic run and gets a chip.

Reactions: AntGZee
Northside can only beat Cave by creating tons of turnovers, or if Cave shoots poorly. If Cave takes care of the ball, and shoots decent, they win. That said, maybe undefeated Skyline really has a magic run and gets a chip.
We shall see. I plan to be at VCU for the Class 3A chip.

Hopewell over Skyline as long as the refs don’t try to control the game and let them play.
Before tournament time I was sold on Northside but now I think Cave Spring is paying better ball so I will go with the defending champs.
Hopewell over Cave Spring in VCU

If Hopewell plays 4 quarters of basketball they are tough to beat. There defense is outstanding and they have 4 players who can shoot the 3 well. There big men are good 6'5 james and 6'10 freshman center he's young but solid. So like someone said if the refs don't suck they are a tough out for anyone.

If Hopewell plays 4 quarters of basketball they are tough to beat. There defense is outstanding and they have 4 players who can shoot the 3 well. There big men are good 6'5 james and 6'10 freshman center he's young but solid. So like someone said if the refs don't suck they are a tough out for anyone.
If you’ve been to Hopewell games I’m the loudest one in the gym. Or seen they promo videos they show me occasionally.

I agree, that game they shot awful. Maybe the big Coliseum, Lake Taylor defense or just a bad night. But there defense won the game.

Just to spotlight Skyline (I've seen them in person once this year and watched their games online here and there) they are a fantastic case of how far a good, leading point guard can be. Obviously, the other pieces, coaching, fan-support etc. have all had major contributions so their wildly successful season, but I would argue that the number 1 reason Skyline is undefeated and in the state Final Four is because of Zach Diggs. Composed, unselfish, leads the team in a way that garners the respect of everyone else. He makes his teammates better, doesn't demand the ball but is not afraid to step up and take control of a game. Very happy to see a team like Skyline find so much success this year. Personally, I think Hopewell will win but certainly pulling for them!

Reactions: schoolboard
Everything you say about Zack is true. Especially when another team is on a run, he realizes he might have to take it into his own hands. But the most improved from last year is Elijah Cabness. He used to be just a 3 point shooter, but now he can steal and take it coast-to-coast just like Elias and Zack.

They should've the semis at the Siegel Center also neutral site for all teams that's the way it us to be if I'm not mistaken. I know it's alot of traveling but team's have to travel anyway . Probably about money.

It takes two days just to do finals, how long would semis take? And during several days at odd hours. Maybe have several semifinal sites. Throw in some other college arenas.

I think 3 days.... The VHSL could go back to Super Sites.

Skyline is benefitting from a good travel program that 13 of the 15 young men on the roster played for. Minus the sophomore and two freshman, they did play for same program just a different age group, they have been together since the 6th & 7th grade. After the untimely passing of a teammate & brother, went on an absolute tear in tournaments and won a JV National Championship in Boston in early 2021. If you think the starting 5 of Wood, Diggs, Carter, Cabness, and Caison plus Tucker & Vaught aren't athletic, then you are sleeping on them! Caison was an All Region football player on both side of the ball, was in the conversation for All State, Vaught was All State at 2 different positions, Carter and Cabness were starters on both sides of the ball their junior year, did not play this year for various reasons. The only thing you can say, that would be fact, is they do not have height! They can shoot, they play team D, they are unselfish, those are facts as well. If they have to go more the 7 deep, the athleticism drops and the youth becomes a factor. If they play their game and don't let the moment be to big they will be hard to beat for 4 quarters!

The season is over congratulations to Northside on winning and hopewell for runner up, next year it appears hopewell has 4 starters back plus 6'10 jordan they should be the team to beat in 3a east along with Lake Taylor. the west class 3 Northside, Spotswood and probably cave springs rebuild but anything can happen transfers and kids not playing do to other obligations.

Reactions: BoKnowsSports
The season is over congratulations to Northside on winning and hopewell for runner up, next year it appears hopewell has 4 starters back plus 6'10 jordan they should be the team to beat in 3a east along with Lake Taylor. the west class 3 Northside, Spotswood and probably cave springs rebuild but anything can happen transfers and kids not playing do to other obligations.
Tunstall has guaranteed the 2024 state championship. All of those teams out west put together a very very challenging schedule. Spotswood and Northside played Glass and in multiple showcases, Cave Spring played a very challenging schedule ( PH, Spotswood and Northside). The East is loaded. Hopewell and Lake Taylor played John Marshall and a loaded schedule thanks to tough districts. The correlation? You gotta play real competition during the season to contend with the big boys.

I agree 💯 tough schedules you might lose a game or 2 but in the long run it helps your team, I think hopewell will play John Marshall and highland springs again next year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT