ADVERTISEMENT

Class 4 Final Four

blackknight_pride

VaPreps Honorable Mention
Sep 27, 2016
Harrisonburg
Boys:
Varina vs King's Fork @ Highland Springs HS
Tuscarora vs EC Glass @ Heritage (Lynchburg)

Girls:
King's Fork vs Hampton (site TBD)
Pulaski County vs Tuscarora @ Christiansburg HS

Thoughts?

Finals:
King's Fork over EC Glass
Pulaski County over Hampton

Boys:
Varina vs King's Fork @ Highland Springs HS
Tuscarora vs EC Glass @ Heritage (Lynchburg)

Girls:
King's Fork vs Hampton (site TBD)
Pulaski County vs Tuscarora @ Christiansburg HS

Thoughts?

Finals:
King's Fork over EC Glass
Pulaski County over Hampton
Wow! KF is screwed once again having to come to Richmond.

Reactions: General172011
At this point of the season, it doesn't matter where you play at
I’m just speaking on the fact that their 13-0 football team had to go to Richmond, 27-0 basketball team had to go to Richmond and now they have to come back. Higher seeding, better record. I have no dog in the fight but I’d be interested in hearing an explanation.

I’m just speaking on the fact that their 13-0 football team had to go to Richmond, 27-0 basketball team had to go to Richmond and now they have to come back. Higher seeding, better record. I have no dog in the fight but I’d be interested in hearing an explanation.
Location made an impact on both games as well. Varina deserved to win both, but the same could be said in both situations if both games were in Suffolk and the Bulldogs won.

I am curious as to the numbers though and curious at what KF has to to to host at this point in the season.

Reactions: BoKnowsSports
Power Points are only used in seeding the regional tournament for basketball not the state tournament. The state tournament brackets are already set based on how teams do in regional tournament. For example, this year Region 1A champ hosts Region B runner up and vice versa for quarterfinals then Region B hosts Region for State semis. Next year Region A will host Region B for the state semis. If teams from the same region play in the semifinals then the team that won the region tournament would choose the "neutral" location.

At this point of the season, it doesn't matter where you play at
I disagree! Those long bus rides take a toll on teens. Not saying it will be a factor in every game but it can be difficult to be cramped on a bus for 2-3 hours then have to perform against the highest level of competition. Also, some home crowds can make for very "hostile" environments. Most teens have a hard time in those environments. Not saying this will be the case for KF but it does matter where you play.

I disagree! Those long bus rides take a toll on teens. Not saying it will be a factor in every game but it can be difficult to be cramped on a bus for 2-3 hours then have to perform against the highest level of competition. Also, some home crowds can make for very "hostile" environments. Most teens have a hard time in those environments. Not saying this will be the case for KF but it does matter where you play.
The games are neutral sights. I've seen too many teams through the yrs travel 3+ hrs and win ball games. In reality both team are sitting around most of the day. One team on a bus the other sitting around the school. Hardly any factor

The games are neutral sights. I've seen too many teams through the yrs travel 3+ hrs and win ball games. In reality both team are sitting around most of the day. One team on a bus the other sitting around the school. Hardly any factor
Neutral sites? Glass played 4 miles away from their school. Cave Spring played 2.5 miles away from their school. Patriot played 5 miles away from their school. PH played 6 miles away from their school. I hardly consider any of those neutral sites. Not all of those teams won tonight but having the majority of your fans in attendance and having a normal routine prior to the game can definitely play a factor in the outcome. Does it always, 100% of the time? No, but it can.

Neutral sites? Glass played 4 miles away from their school. Cave Spring played 2.5 miles away from their school. Patriot played 5 miles away from their school. PH played 6 miles away from their school. I hardly consider any of those neutral sites. Not all of those teams won tonight but having the majority of your fans in attendance and having a normal routine prior to the game can definitely play a factor in the outcome. Does it always, 100% of the time? No, but it can.
For these teams playing in state semifinal games it doesn't really matter is my point. These teams have played in front of large crowds that were routing for them to lose. It's nothing new. They have played 20+ games. Half on the road. You would think that they have a travel routine as well.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT