blackknight_pride

VaPreps Honorable Mention
Sep 27, 2016
Harrisonburg
Boys:
Woodside vs Maury (site TBD)
Patrick Henry Roanoke vs Highland Springs @ William Fleming HS

Girls:
Menchville vs Princess Anne @ Heritage (Newport News)
Glen Allen vs LC Bird @ Meadowbrook HS

Thoughts?

Finals:
Patrick Henry Roanoke over Woodside
Princess Anne over LC Bird

Reactions: BoKnowsSports
Boys:
Woodside vs Maury (site TBD)
Patrick Henry Roanoke vs Highland Springs @ William Fleming HS

Girls:
Menchville vs Princess Anne @ Heritage (Newport News)
Glen Allen vs LC Bird @ Meadowbrook HS

Thoughts?

Finals:
Patrick Henry Roanoke over Woodside
Princess Anne over LC Bird
Wow, I wouldn't necessarily look pass Highland Springs just yet.

Wow, I wouldn't necessarily look pass Highland Springs just yet.
I wouldn’t say I’m counting them out, they would certainly be slight favorites in Vegas over PH. That being said, I just think PH will knock them off in a close game. Long drive down to Roanoke, Springers with a rough outing vs Stone Bridge. That’s just my personal prediction, Highland Springs very well may repeat.

I think Woodside has to be the favorite. Any of these 4 could win it. PH has weapons and Abu Yarmah is a beast. I know Woodside and Highland Springs have some bug time players (Coles, Khristian Martin, the whole Woodisde starting 5), but PH has firepower.

I think Woodside has to be the favorite. Any of these 4 could win it. PH has weapons and Abu Yarmah is a beast. I know Woodside and Highland Springs have some bug time players (Coles, Khristian Martin, the whole Woodisde starting 5), but PH has firepower.
I really wish Patrick Henry had seen Glen Allen at full strength. They lost their top scorer midway through the second quarter against Highland Springs,and they just weren’t the same without him. I Watched Stonebridge play,and quite honestly I don’t believe Patrick Emery has played any real talent all year in that weak region. Personally?I think HSHS plays a very sloppy,selfish Brand of basketball. Any team coming out of the 757 is going to play an extremely physical brand of basketball, and I’m not sure anything west of Williamsburg wants anything to do with that Brand of basketball. I’m a springer through and through but you can’t survive at this level the way they shoot free throws. IMO, The winner of Woodside and Maury beats either PH or Highland Springs.

Reactions: blackknight_pride
I really wish Patrick Henry had seen Glen Allen at full strength. They lost their top scorer midway through the second quarter against Highland Springs,and they just weren’t the same without him. I Watched Stonebridge play,and quite honestly I don’t believe Patrick Emery has played any real talent all year in that weak region. Personally?I think HSHS plays a very sloppy,selfish Brand of basketball. Any team coming out of the 757 is going to play an extremely physical brand of basketball, and I’m not sure anything west of Williamsburg wants anything to do with that Brand of basketball. I’m a springer through and through but you can’t survive at this level the way they shoot free throws. IMO, The winner of Woodside and Maury beats either PH or Highland Springs.
I agree HSHS plays very sloppy at times but they have some really talented players on their team. The problem with HS is their coaching it has been horrible at time. They should have beat stonebridge by at least 15 points or more. If they would have played man to man defense they would have destroyed SB. Instead HS coach chose to full court press the entire game and play zone, which allowed SB to get open 3 point shots. HS coaching has to be better Monday because if not I believe PH will win. PH has a good team and their big man is 4 real.

Uh, pretty sure PH and Highland Springs definitely want something to do with the winner of the Woodside/Maury game come next Sat at VCU.

Reactions: Thomasddev
Teams from Roanoke traditionally do well in state tournaments. Alonzo Mourning and his Indian River Braves lost to PH for a state championship back in the day. That's just one major example. Go check the resumes of teams from the Roanoke area and you will see that they compete very well on the state level.

Tomorow Night game will be a huge game with PH-R and HSHS. Both teams are hot and it's been a great season for both. HSHS is 17-3 this season at Full Strength (Lost 3 games during the Christmas Break without the Football guys). To say HSHS coaching is horrible is something I cannot allow to be said though. Coach Tennyson has done an amazing job this season, with replacing 4 Seniors who were major contributors last seaosn, to get this Springer Team back to the brink of playing for another State Championship. The game against Stone Bridge became about grit in a very bad shooting night for the Springers. Shooting 21-62 and finding a way to win was huge. If the Springers would have shoot better from the Free Throw line (9-20 in the 4th Alone) then it would have been a larger margin of Victory. I expect both teams to be ready to go tomorrow night as PH-R has won 16 straight games and has a stud #3 playing for them as well. They are a very well rounded team and worthy of being in the finals.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT