ADVERTISEMENT

CLASS 6 MAKES A CHANGE

Dec 27, 2017
According to the VHSL the class 6 state playoffs will be cross bracketed
Region D vs Region B
Region A vs Region C

See this thread-this discussion has already started.

Reactions: Dripping
See this thread-this discussion has already started.

Springs only plays 3 district games. So they have 7 OOD to gain points from that dont cancel themselves out. Whereas, Dale plays 6 district games. That's where the points are being caught up.

Springs only plays 3 district games. So they have 7 OOD to gain points from that dont cancel themselves out. Whereas, Dale plays 6 district games. That's where the points are being caught up.
I understand, and that is about the only way they can make up the difference. Too early to calculate all the possibilities.

How are Highland Springs even eligible for the playoffs if they only play just three district games? That's just wrong.

How are Highland Springs even eligible for the playoffs if they only play just three district games? That's just wrong.
District games don't count like the used to. There used to be District Champions crowned before the 6 Classes system went into effect. Before that, you had to be District Champion to advance to the Region playoffs. This new system changed all of that and therefore, District games don't count for much of anything! I think (not sure) each district has a minimum number that must be played. I pretty sure 3 is the minimum for the Capital District. I don't know about the other districts.

District games don't count like the used to. There used to be District Champions crowned before the 6 Classes system went into effect. Before that, you had to be District Champion to advance to the Region playoffs. This new system changed all of that and therefore, District games don't count for much of anything! I think (not sure) each district has a minimum number that must be played. I pretty sure 3 is the minimum for the Capital District. I don't know about the other districts.
I dont know about other districts but HSHS was forced to play out of district games over the past few years because teams like Mechanicsville and Armstrong requested to have them taken off the schedule. I do hear people down the beach area complain about teams like Green Run are unable to play out of district games because it is mandatory for them to play omly beach district teams.

same with hoops
don't even have a district tourney - go straight to the regionals.
districts in central VA are mainly for the olympic sports.
I tell the folks in 757 all the time the regions have the power.
Don't look to VHSL for change talk to your own principals.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT