ADVERTISEMENT

Class 6 Semi: Freedom (Woodbridge) 69 Western Branch 14 - FINAL (Tristan Evans sets state record for most TD passes in a season)

pizzzzza

VaPreps Hall of Famer
Nov 9, 2001
Freedom 69, Western Branch 14 Final

Led 49-7 @ half

Freedom will play for the Class 6 state title Dec. 10 4:30 pm at ODU

Last edited:
Not a big comparison but a comparison nonetheless:

Freedom 36, Stone Bridge 13

HS 19, Stone Bridge 14

And before anyone mentions when the games were played, just remember that when you say "SB got better as the season went on" it's really hard to at the same time pretend like Freedom didn't. 77, 70, 53, and 69 points in four PO games, that's scary I don't care how good you think your defense is.

Like I said, not a big comparison but does raise the eyebrows a bit. That 36 points is the most SB has given up in over three years.

Freedom scrimmaged DeMatha in early August. Does anybody know the results, first team to first team? DeMatha had one of their strongest defenses ever this year.

DeMatha and Freedom should play in the regular season next year. That would be a GREAT game for regional ball. I remember DeMatha playing both Lake Braddock and Centreville in the 90’s (twice each) and Garfield in ‘89-‘91. Huge crowds. First Lake Braddock game had a state championship ambience.

DeMatha and Freedom Woodbridge would be bigger! Simply, the game would be good for high school football.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT