ADVERTISEMENT

Class

mike salem

Nov 2, 2009
Salem
Blacksburg was very hospitable to me once again. I had just unloaded from the van and Coach Wells came over and introduced himself to me, what a nice guy! Another fan of theirs was the whole reason I was able to attend the game as they provided transportation. A seat was reserved again for me to enjoy the game. Many fans came over to talk to me and make me feel welcome on their side. I was glad to see @1bburgfan @JOrndorff and family, @cb2018 @RKE Fan @MntnrMark and Coach Johnston among other nice fans.

After the game I went on the field and took pictures and celebrated with fans, players, and coaches. I was invited into the locker room and got to enjoy the post game speech and revel with the team. I even got to congratulate the whole team after the coach was done talking.

It was an exciting game and hospitality and class were shown by both teams, fans, and coaches. Congratulations to the Bruins on winning 11 games this year and for the football tradition that is really taking hold. Congratulations to the Spartans on advancing to their 6th straight Semifinals! Thank you all for a memorable game and night!

Last edited:
Blacksburg showed great class when they beat Salem earlier in the year and great class when then they lost last night. The challenge for Blacksburg will be to answer the following question:. Is the success they have experienced the past two years just a flash in the pan because of a few good athletes or are they going to maintain an elite program? Remember Christiansburg rose up and became really good for a short while and then became a cellar dweller in the River Ridge

Blacksburg showed great class when they beat Salem earlier in the year and great class when then they lost last night. The challenge for Blacksburg will be to answer the following question:. Is the success they have experienced the past two years just a flash in the pan because of a few good athletes or are they going to maintain an elite program? Remember Christiansburg rose up and became really good for a short while and then became a cellar dweller in the River Ridge
Giles will beat Blacksburg next year. Haha, actually, I don't know. Both teams are losing MVPs. Congratulations to the Indians Bruins on a great run and for showing great sportsmanship, win or lose. Good luck to Spartans-East against Sherando!

I think the coaching staff has quickly established a winning mindset. They will return some good players next year who have experienced success. I guess the proof will be in the pudding the following year as to whether it's a few good athletes or an established contender. I like what I see.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT