ADVERTISEMENT

Coaching Carousel 2023-2024

He was terrible at Louisa too. He will go somewhere else and be mediocre.
Finally! 3-7 seasons and getting blown away in the playoffs every year won't cut it at a school with multiple state title banners hanging from the press box. I for one have seen enough undisciplined Brookville football and kids not even being able to line up right in the last ten years to last a lifetime. I can say we were warned from the Louisa people when he started here. A lot more could be said but I will stop here.

Everything I am reading says that he led Brookville to the playoffs 9 of 10 seasons and won 70 games, which is an average of 7 wins a season. How many 3-7 seasons did he have in 9 playoff seasons? Articles also mention getting to 2nd and 3rd rounds of playoffs.

Need to watch what you wish for. Too many fans live in the past and expect things to remain the same. A lot of former powerhouses would love to have Brookville's success from the last 10 years.

Everything I am reading says that he led Brookville to the playoffs 9 of 10 seasons and won 70 games, which is an average of 7 wins a season. How many 3-7 seasons did he have in 9 playoff seasons? Articles also mention getting to 2nd and 3rd rounds of playoffs.

Need to watch what you wish for. Too many fans live in the past and expect things to remain the same. A lot of former powerhouses would love to have Brookville's success from the last 10 years.
If memory serves me, he has only been under .500 three times in his 10 years at Brookville. This year, 2019? and his first season when they were 5-5 and lost first round of playoffs. I can speak from experience having coached against him every year during his 10 years at Brookville, his teams were always physical, hard nosed and never quit. You knew that it was going to be a dog fight for 48 minutes whenever you played a Meeks coached Brookville team. Not to mention, he and his staff helped more guys get to college than any other school in the area besides maybe LCA or ECG.

The Seminole district had arguably the best HC list in the state during his tenure with guys like Brad Bradley (HHS), Frank Rocco (LCA), Jeff Woody (ECG), Chris Watts (Liberty-Bedford), Bob Christmas (JF/Amherst), and Meeks was right in the mix.

Last edited:

Whoever wrote that is clearly not very smart nor do they have an idea about his career lol. People are outsiders and have silly takes on things and have no idea what goes on.

Whoever wrote that is clearly not very smart nor do they have an idea about his career lol. People are outsiders and have silly takes on things and have no idea what goes on.
Fill us in then. What he said there about his record and playoffs are verifiable.

@Ampipe_High, is almost spot on. In ten years Meeks was 71-41 (.633). His teams 9 playoff appearances in ten seasons. He did have two losing seasons. I don't know what he was like as a coach or person, but he knows how to win.

@Ampipe_High, is almost spot on. In ten years Meeks was 71-41 (.633). His teams 9 playoff appearances in ten seasons. He did have two losing seasons. I don't know what he was like as a coach or person, but he knows how to win.
He didn’t necessarily win over the community at Brookville. Could he have won more, maybe, could he have won less, certainly. It comes a time when things need to change for all parties involved. Ask Amherst fans, the grass isn’t always greener.

He didn’t necessarily win over the community at Brookville. Could he have won more, maybe, could he have won less, certainly. It comes a time when things need to change for all parties involved. Ask Amherst fans, the grass isn’t always greener.
That’s what I heard also. Amherst has been through 4 coaches in 10 years. That’s rough. Promising with who they have now. It was his first year and new offense. Also believe he is here to stay which is great.

Reactions: mvwarrior
Finally! 3-7 seasons and getting blown away in the playoffs every year won't cut it at a school with multiple state title banners hanging from the press box. I for one have seen enough undisciplined Brookville football and kids not even being able to line up right in the last ten years to last a lifetime. I can say we were warned from the Louisa people when he started here. A lot more could be said but I will stop here.
I am sure there will be an application process! You should apply.

Amen. Those guys on the fence or in the top row of the stands at every school are undefeated! Some of the brightest coaching minds on the planet! Just ask them, and they will tell you what the coaches on the field should have done with absolute certainty!
100%
The best coaches have never broken down film. They've never run a practice. Evaluated kids head to head. And they certainly don't know how to put on the headset... let's don't even mention the confusion of operating the headset....
Position is now open though. I hope 3-7 applies.

100%
The best coaches have never broken down film. They've never run a practice. Evaluated kids head to head. And they certainly don't know how to put on the headset... let's don't even mention the confusion of operating the headset....
Position is now open though. I hope 3-7 applies.
Operating the headset might be the most difficult part about coaching! No one knows the struggle unless you've been there and done it! LOL

• Haha
Reactions: mvwarrior and gwb16
Operating the headset might be the most difficult part about coaching! No one knows the struggle unless you've been there and done it! LOL
You are correct! I always thought one of toughest coaching jobs was keeping the kids out of the coaches box to avoid that damn sideline infraction...those kids are HARD HEADED!

Carroll County has hired Seth Greer as the new head coach. Greer will be the first CC alumnus to coach the football program. According to the newspaper article, Greer was also offered the Floyd County head coaching position but chose to come home to Carroll.

Reactions: DitkaXX
Saw they just posted a job for a weightlifting teacher, which leads me to believe they have hired already hired a coach and just need to make it official now.

The Gar-Field Indians finished the 1989 season 2-8. The next year they faced the mighty Hampton Crabbers who were hosting the AAA state championship at Darling Stadium. They walked out with a 13-12 victory. "Keep hope alive." Jesse.

Reactions: VolNation85
I don't think so, I think the only reason he left Glass was to be closer to home. That being said, Charlottesville High School has been a complete mess this first semester (not even talking about sports) and it may be bad enough to get anyone to leave.

I've heard a few local coaches have applied, as well a D2 Coordinator

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT