ADVERTISEMENT

Couple of undefeated games

Great point MrjHamm, rings don't lie. Chucksteel72 is only a temporary user. Let's see if he running that mouth next year...survey says.......he won't. 2-8 at best next year.

Great point MrjHamm, rings don't lie. Chucksteel72 is only a temporary user. Let's see if he running that mouth next year...survey says.......he won't. 2-8 at best next year.
Pioneer
Well if it ain't the ol mouthpiece himself! Piss o neer, ain't nobody been "running their mouth" except you and this dude right here. I could care less about rings. Even if SR had 1 it wouldn't have anything to do with me as a fan. Just like if Heritage gets 1 this year. It ain't because of you. Funny how you can make all these predictions about next year when you can't even get this year right. You called for us to lose to JF. We all know how that went down.

@Chucksteel72 welcome to VAPreps. Please don't get too upset with the guys on the board. Staunton River is a very good team and faired very well last year in the final. I watched them before our game and the pace appeared to zap them a bit. I know how it feels to lose one as a player and fan. You just have to learn from it and move forward. Ain't no shame in the Rivers game!

Blacksburg has a huge fish (Salem) to fry next week, so we shall see whether the Bruins will continue to crow or go quietly into the night. @MrJHamm if you are a true Blacksburg fan why don't you come up to the class 4 board and talk trash with us.

These Class 3 teams are balling right now and with Heritage, Brookville, LB and SR holding court it could be a rough path to the finals for all parties involved. Maybe we all be fortunate enough to see Heritage and Staunton River come playoff time.

@Chucksteel72 welcome to VAPreps. Please don't get too upset with the guys on the board. Staunton River is a very good team and faired very well last year in the final. I watched them before our game and the pace appeared to zap them a bit. I know how it feels to lose one as a player and fan. You just have to learn from it and move forward. Ain't no shame in the Rivers game!

Blacksburg has a huge fish (Salem) to fry next week, so we shall see whether the Bruins will continue to crow or go quietly into the night. @MrJHamm if you are a true Blacksburg fan why don't you come up to the class 4 board and talk trash with us.

These Class 3 teams are balling right now and with Heritage, Brookville, LB and SR holding court it could be a rough path to the finals for all parties involved. Maybe we all be fortunate enough to see Heritage and Staunton River come playoff time.
Thanks for the welcome. I don't know if you have read the entire thread but if you do you will clearly see I have no problem with Blacksburg and never mentioned a championship loss. Believe me, I moved on by the time we ate supper that evening. The guy that keeps bringing up Blacksburg just became a member today and was evidently wanting to yank someone's chain. As far as the other dude, most on here know he shoots off a lot on here. I've enjoyed the back and forth not only with me and pioneer,but watching others and pioneer also. Believe me, I want a Heritage /SR playoff game.

Good stuff Chucksteel72. If you dont mind me asking where did you play in the ODAC? I am from Dinwiddie, so I will have no clue who you are. Have been watching HS and RMC games since 1983.
What gives you the impression I played in the ODAC? Lol

Good stuff Chucksteel72. If you dont mind me asking where did you play in the ODAC? I am from Dinwiddie, so I will have no clue who you are. Have been watching HS and RMC games since 1983.
I believe that was Aimhighveteran that said he was an ODAC lineman.

Oh and since you mentioned it, I would say you were correct about the pace being a factor in that game. I know we had 8 playing both ways and unless I'm wrong they had 3 playing both ways. Nevertheless that was the best defensive team we faced all year. They took away our inside game and made us earn every yard we got on the perimeter. We missed on a couple throws that may have made a difference but overall it was a hard fought game. But like you said it came down to pace. We had a 14-7 halftime lead and it seemed they tightened up on defense even more and made it hard to move the ball. The big kid in the middle Brad Shelton was just not a 365lb body that took up space, he was a real athlete who recently walked on at Va.Tech. That kid is amazing.

Reactions: DinwiddieProud
My bad on confusing you with someone else. Sometimes these threads run together. DP and I had a chance to talk to a bunch of Staunton River fans before the finals and it was neat to see them so excited about their program. Good luck this year.

Reactions: Chucksteel72
BleedingNavy thanks for telling chucksteel72 off. He is a ignorant dude...lol...it is all good though we talk junk all the time....fun fact Heritage is the best team in the state and SR plays no D. Good night.

One word, Davis....he is one bad guy....I've watched every heritage game this year
and they are the most complete team I have seen. I watched one ec glass game and was not impressed.

@Pioneer 4life I'm curious, how did you come to this conclusion? Is it strictly opinion of a fan or is it based off of seeing both teams play? Knowing strengths and weaknesses of both teams? Just curious. Thanks.
Vol you are wasting your time with this guy. Heritage will win the superbowl this year if you listen to him lol.

One word, Davis....he is one bad guy....I've watched every heritage game this year
and they are the most complete team I have seen. I watched one ec glass game and was not impressed.
Gotcha...Davis is a heck of a player. Which Glass game did you see?

@Pioneer 4life Set team pride aside, in your honest opinion, do you believe anyone in the Seminole will challenge Heritage or do you think they will blowout everyone?

Brookville because they have a great passing game/QB. JF are well coached. They have a hard offense to stop but they don't play D. They usually play us tough. Amherst is huge and can match up size wise.

Reactions: wikki
What are you smoking Pioneer4life? I didnt say anything derogatory towards anyone. I think Heritage is a very good team and so is Staunton River.

I checked the records for both teams in the past five years and although Heritage has clearly been more consistent SR has improved tremendously in the past three years. Both teams have experienced lean years.

Sometimes it takes a deficated coach to bring consistency and that appears to be the case at SR. Thats exactly what happened at Dinwiddie. We had a few good years before Mills arrival, but now we are sound every year.

Hopefully, these teams will meet and settle it on the field. Oh and by the way Pioneer, please clarify for me whether you believe Heritage "is the best team in the state" or the best team in Class 3. I would not debate you if you said the latter, but the state?????

Brookville because they have a great passing game/QB. JF are well coached. They have a hard offense to stop but they don't play D. They usually play us tough. Amherst is huge and can match up size wise.
My only reply to that is, every team in the Seminole is coached well, not just JF.

Mark my word SR will be 2-8 at best next year.
I like your passion Pioneer4life. I hope your boys can back it up. Heck, when I look at the teams you will face in your own district, region, semi-final and final. Granted depending on matchups your region is not the toughest, but there are some good teams in region d. Good luck. Thats a tough road to hoe.

My only reply to that is, every team in the Seminole is coached well, not just JF.
And Brookville had a great passing game the past two years but, now they are more of a run style team now. Still have Bernard at QB but he's their leading rusher right now because they run the ball so much now.

And Brookville had a great passing game the past two years but, now they are more of a run style team now. Still have Bernard at QB but he's their leading rusher right now because they run the ball so much now.
From what I see out of Heritage on defense they are great on the edges. But I believe a physical between the tackles run game will give them trouble.

Volnation85...line them up and we will knock them down. So far this season we struggled a little with GW, we embarrassed SR in scrimmage 33-7 with our ones, we blasted Fleming 54-14, beat NS 60-0 and we ended 32 game win streak of Appomattox 30-14. You guys keep on sleeping and we will keep on winning. You guys get mad when I talk about my squad but so far I've been right. The scary thing is we are just getting better each week.

Volnation85...line them up and we will knock them down. So far this season we struggled a little with GW, we embarrassed SR in scrimmage 33-7 with our ones, we blasted Fleming 54-14, beat NS 60-0 and we ended 32 game win streak of Appomattox 30-14. You guys keep on sleeping and we will keep on winning. You guys get mad when I talk about my squad but so far I've been right. The scary thing is we are just getting better each week.

I can appreciate his passion.
Last year I pretty much felt the same about the Raiders team. "Line them up and we'll make a believer out of you". I didn't make the statements that P4L is making about titles, but I felt we were that good.
People doubted the Raiders over the last two years and you see how they (the Raiders) ended up.
The team we field this year while talented is no where close to what we had last year and the year prior. We proved against a (larger school in Heritage) very good 3A team that we weren't going to let them have the field without a fight. I would venture to say that P4L saw that the Raiders were and will be legit in 2A this year.
Heritage is good, I won't say they aren't. State title good......maybe so. It will take a good team to stop them.

Last edited:
I was not saying Liberty would content for a district title, but they have started 2-0. Can't discount that. Sometimes getting rid of a cancer and starting fresh with young kids will help a program. Sounds like both teams are seemingly better after the Porter move.

@Pioneer 4life Please don't include me in the group of people that you claim "are sleeping and getting mad", I'm doing neither of those things. I'm just asking questions because I'm interested in the background of your opinions. As a matter of fact, I played for and graduated from Heritage myself.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT