ADVERTISEMENT

Couple of undefeated games

And Brookville had a great passing game the past two years but, now they are more of a run style team now. Still have Bernard at QB but he's their leading rusher right now because they run the ball so much now.

Run style?? Yes they have run the ball better this year but you do realize that Bernard just threw for 501 which puts him 8th all time in passing yards for a game in the state.

Reactions: Chucksteel72
I honestly think we will go 7-3/6-4 next year. Replacing Davis is going to be hard. Blake will be put in a staring role. This kid is big and can throw. He will have enough pieces around him to get the job done. We are still a playoff team next year. Can you say the same?

Run style?? Yes they have run the ball better this year but you do realize that Bernard just threw for 501 which puts him 8th all time in passing yards for a game in the state.
I didn't realize that. I was only going off of the way Coach Meeks described the team in pre-season.

I was not saying Liberty would content for a district title, but they have started 2-0. Can't discount that. Sometimes getting rid of a cancer and starting fresh with young kids will help a program. Sounds like both teams are seemingly better after the Porter move.
Honestly, I'm hearing the same stuff. Liberty is better off and saying the fresh start is a result of that cancer being removed.

I honestly think we will go 7-3/6-4 next year. Replacing Davis is going to be hard. Blake will be put in a staring role. This kid is big and can throw. He will have enough pieces around him to get the job done. We are still a playoff team next year. Can you say the same?
Possibly yes.

Chucky.....how????? do you guys have a great jv program because looking at roster all the big lineman and backs are seniors? Heritage is in the same boat but we at least have a prime time QB coming back.

Honestly, I'm hearing the same stuff. Liberty is better off and saying the fresh start is a result of that cancer being removed.
I wonder if just "hearing" one side of the story tells all? Not trying to pick a fight. Just trying to be fair.

well... I've got pretty good info from several sources...
I was told by a credible source, he chose to leave Liberty. So Liberty didn't get rid of anyone, if what I heard was correct. Either way, it should provide great motivation for both side's. Although county bragging rights should be all the motivation that's required.

Chucky just name one guy returning that is a name to watch?
I don't want to put a bullseye on any of our future stars p4l. But rumor has it we are developing 3! Yes I said 3! Waterboys that are gonna be the new 3 headed monster! Since we run that tricky single wing, that alone will make them men among boy's. But wait, there's more. I've also got inside info that we will pick up 2 more Liberty kids, 3 Franklin county kid's, and 5 William Byrd kids. They all wanna be a part of something special they say. Heritage who?

I don't want to put a bullseye on any of our future stars p4l. But rumor has it we are developing 3! Yes I said 3! Waterboys that are gonna be the new 3 headed monster! Since we run that tricky single wing, that alone will make them men among boy's. But wait, there's more. I've also got inside info that we will pick up 2 more Liberty kids, 3 Franklin county kid's, and 5 William Byrd kids. They all wanna be a part of something special they say. Heritage who?
Too funny!

What are you smoking Pioneer4life? I didnt say anything derogatory towards anyone. I think Heritage is a very good team and so is Staunton River.

I checked the records for both teams in the past five years and although Heritage has clearly been more consistent SR has improved tremendously in the past three years. Both teams have experienced lean years.

Sometimes it takes a deficated coach to bring consistency and that appears to be the case at SR. Thats exactly what happened at Dinwiddie. We had a few good years before Mills arrival, but now we are sound every year.

Hopefully, these teams will meet and settle it on the field. Oh and by the way Pioneer, please clarify for me whether you believe Heritage "is the best team in the state" or the best team in Class 3. I would not debate you if you said the latter, but the state?????

@BleedingNavy That is one bad "smelling" coach. A deficated coach lol

I agree, Liberty seems to be much improved and personally believe they will give SR all they want. The kid who was at Liberty obviously isn't missed and they filled that hole out with a better player. Also, I'm not sure SR is as explosive this year. The overstreet kid (from what i've heard) goes down easier this year. Maybe teams are tackling him lower? Don't be surprised to see a very close game on Friday... It is a county rival with very little love loss between the two. In these games, anything can happen. Liberty figures out the single wing and wins a close one 28-24
This dude is a genius right here^^^^^lmao

I was not saying Liberty would content for a district title, but they have started 2-0. Can't discount that. Sometimes getting rid of a cancer and starting fresh with young kids will help a program. Sounds like both teams are seemingly better after the Porter move.
I believe Staunton River benefited a little bit more by the Porter move. What say you?

I believe Staunton River benefited a little bit more by the Porter move. What say you?

Let's analyze that there Chuck, liberty went 3 and out 6 out of 10 possession. Then had a 4 and out turnover on downs. The quarterback play was..... Let's say terrible. I would guess about 30yds passing for the game with an interception. The handoffs..... well it was so delayed it looked like the running backs made the reads instead of quarterback. A couple of sacks.

On to Brock Porter. He had a beautiful 27 yd pass to Grayson Overstreet hitting him in stride. He did have a fumble. But where he shinned on the eagle gridiron was on defense. He was very disruptive and surely made liberty miss his ball hawking skills.

Overall I would say he is a great "cancer for Staunton River.

Smh, figures Wiki. On another note, how do you feel bout the bhs game coming up?

Also are you guys going to bring your cute little blow up balloon tunnel to BHS so that your squad can run through it? that gets everybody hype, might lead ACHS to victory! Yay! IMO wasted money...

Last edited:
Reactions: lyhsports
Based on the results so far, I am not sure anyone is going to hang with Heritage. They got revenge in a tough game with Appomattox last week, hung 50+ on Northside in one half when Salem only won 27-0 vs the Vikings, and controlled the benefit game vs last year's runner up when it was 1s vs 1s. Seminole and 3A statewide better look out.

Based on the results so far, I am not sure anyone is going to hang with Heritage. They got revenge in a tough game with Appomattox last week, hung 50+ on Northside in one half when Salem only won 27-0 vs the Vikings, and controlled the benefit game vs last year's runner up when it was 1s vs 1s. Seminole and 3A statewide better look out.

I do think Heritage will be tough to beat.

You heard it here first..as long as Davis stays healthy, heritage wins state easy. They are the most complete team in 3a west. Followed by LB, Brookville, SR then magna Vista.

You heard it here first..as long as Davis stays healthy, heritage wins state easy. They are the most complete team in 3a west. Followed by LB, Brookville, SR then magna Vista.
What makes you so sure LB and Brookville are better than SR? Just curious, save the jackassery lol. It's a long season. We got plenty of more time for that.

Last edited:
SR will be exposed against a good offensive team. SR can score but can they get stops? They remind me of Oregon (obviously not with offense they run) a couple years back. SR can put up points but will they be able to get enough stops to beat a good team. Trust me, I can honestly say heritage's D is just as good as the offense.

SR will be exposed against a good offensive team. SR can score but can they get stops? They remind me of Oregon (obviously not with offense they run) a couple years back. SR can put up points but will they be able to get enough stops to beat a good team. Trust me, I can honestly say heritage's D is just as good as the offense.
I'll say this. Coach Poston said after the Liberty game, that this defense is better than last year's. What surprises me is your disrespect for our defense based on 1 half of a scrimmage. Do you think all teams are the exact same at the end of a season as they are in the beginning? I bet you, like most of us had written off Blacksburg when they were 2-5 with 3 games left. I bet you talked a lot of smack before Heritage was knocked out by Blacksburg. You probably thought that was gonna be an easy win. Well we know how that turned out. So you keep on thinking that about that defense. See I go to our games. I know improvement when I see it.

Smh, figures Wiki. On another note, how do you feel bout the bhs game coming up?

Also are you guys going to bring your cute little blow up balloon tunnel to BHS so that your squad can run through it? that gets everybody hype, might lead ACHS to victory! Yay! IMO wasted money...
What? Are you sarcastic or what?

Reactions: DanvilleSportsHead
What? Are you sarcastic or what?
For your information the Amherst Athletic Boosters paid for that "cute little balloon tunnel" as you call it. The boosters raises money and gives back money to all the programs, soccer, volleyball, girls and boys basketball, wrestling, track, baseball and football, etc. That is not a lot of money to go around. The school or county provided nothing , it was all Boosters so before you judge and insult someone please say nothing at all and try not to insult. The team players love it and so do the fans

Staunton River a lot better than Brookville. I saw it tonight vs Amherst. We would hang 50 on Brookville

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT