ADVERTISEMENT

CR Dan & anyone else on Highland Springs

dringtuoti

VaPreps Honorable Mention
Feb 21, 2010
Just wondering what does Lee-Davis have to do to make this a game? I think the last time the players were shocked at just how quick and strong Highland Springs is and they just came off a big win against rival Atlee. I believe Highland Springs wins this game but can Lee-Davis do something to give them a shot? Highland Springs is my pick to finally take down Bird and the 5A state title remains in Richmond.

You slow the pace against Highland Springs. Throw hitches because their dbs bail. Spread them out run the ball. And on defense just be disciplined and tackle. Don't allow the big play. They won't put together many drives. #5 is better than Dortch.

They just better be ready! HS is coming at them fast and furious, from all directions.
Like the past 6 straight games ( 7 out of the last 8), I predict a running clock before the end of the 3 rd qtr.

Honestly, I don't think Lee-Davis can make this much of a game after talking to LD fans the day after the first matchup. I'm not sure anyone in the state can give them a game the rest of the way, except maybe Bird, and I'm not even sure about them. You just have to hope they make a lot of mistakes.

Reactions: DanvilleSportsHead
If and it's a big IF Nathan Evans can run against the Springer D, then there is a chance. IF Mummau can play mistake free ball, no turnovers then they have a chance to score some points. Honestly though as fast as that Springer defense was that first meeting, I cannot imagine the Confederates having sustained success all night long. Even if they can get on the board however, keeping up with the Springers will be hard pressed to do. I don't believe the Confederates have a defense to shutdown that offense.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT