ADVERTISEMENT

D3 Rankings are getting interesting

Aug 12, 2015
Looks like the order in D2 and D3 will not change this week as far as the top four goes.

In D3, according to my calculations, Quantico will be top seed, their game this week will not count in the VISAA rankings. Richmond will be a 4 seed. RC only has Blessed Sacrament left. Fuqua gets interesting. They have D2 Fredericksburg and D3 Broadwater left. If Fuqua wins out I believe they will jump RC and get the 2 spot. Both RC and Fuqua will get bonus points from North Cross, but Fuqua will also get bonus points from Shores. A 6-3 Fuqua could be a 2 seed and a 8-1 RC could be a 3 seed????

Unfortunately for Catholic that they get no win points for Massanutten, and the same points for North Cross that Fuqua gets. How do the two public school games count? Fuqua is not 50 points worse than Catholic but they still don't deserve to host Catholic.

Give Fuqua credit for scheduling a D2 schedule that includes four of the bottom five teams in D2... Plus the top two teams in D2 for the playoff points. They couldn't have done any better if they tried. Sometimes it just works out.

Public schools count as whatever your school division counts as. D1 school plays little public school they get 12 pts for win. D2 plays same school, they get 9 for win. System is definately flawed, but it us what it is. Head to head should be somehow given double pts or something more valuable. No way RC should be 3rd behind Quantico and Fuqua. It is absurd.

I think RC wins against any D3 team on any field this year. It's a shame they may not get any home games for the playoffs, but I don't think home field advantage is going to matter much this year.

That this discussion even came to fruition shows there are some serious discrepancies within the VISAA point system.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT