ADVERTISEMENT

Defenses Shine in Essex (Scrimmage Briefing)

TheSel2

VaPreps All Region
Staff
Apr 29, 2003
TAPPAHANNOCK- A bigger than normal scrimmage crowd gathered at Essex high school as football season is now ready to get into gear. #4 Essex was hosting border neighbor Middlesex and #5 Sussex Central for a tune up for the upcoming season. All 3 teams are expected to have great campaigns this fall and they validated it on the field.

Essex and Sussex Central were unable to score versus one another as the defenses were outstanding. The Trojan's Adarious Jones was relentless on the line and showed spectacular technique throughout the evening. Shutdown corner Isiah Taylor was tremendous in coverage and stepping up to make tackles. The Tiger's top corner Tyrese Rose had a great scrimmage recording a pick 6 versus Middlesex.

The Chargers opening up on Thursday of Labor day weekend versus rival Mathews. Middlesex is stronger defensively but has enough flare on offense to challenge King William this season for the Tidewater crown. The Trojans and Tigers open up this Friday. Essex travels to Goochland while Sussex Central hosts Trinity Episcopal. Both games will be key as the race for the top seed and homefield is expected to be tight this season.

How did "Big Nasty" Holmes do for Essex?
He did his thing as normal. He played a few different positions during the scrimmage....DT, C, OT. Sophamore Adarious Jones was a beast out there! Going to those camps at VA Tech, James Madison and Florida St. (Maybe a couple others) has paid off. His game has improved a great deal from his freshman year on varsity last year. He was a handfull last season as a freshman.

I think Holmes might be making the switch to center this year and he seemed to do fine. Just think ET1 with Holmes and Jones playing DT next to each other, teams will have there hands full. It would be hard to think of a better DT combo in 1A. Essex has some serious potential this season.

I think Holmes might be making the switch to center this year and he seemed to do fine. Just think ET1 with Holmes and Jones playing DT next to each other, teams will have there hands full. It would be hard to think of a better DT combo in 1A. Essex has some serious potential this season.
I agree. Also, don't forget about Anthony Crabbe...6'1"ish 400 plus I'm told, he's a sophomore or Jr. He didn't take part in the scrimmage due to a death in the family. Not sure if he will play this Friday at Goochland. But, he'll be another big boy on the D line that teams will face. He's not just big, he's stronge and can move a little.

Hey Essex Trojan 1, just how many McDonald's and Burger Kings do you have in Essex? You got
Holmes are 6'3" 378 and Crabbe at 6'1" 400. Better have several, or there is not going to be any
Thing left for the other guys! Just kidding, but these are BIG guys, My Friend, and they can move!
Does the field tilt to one side in Essex?
OK, who you got to tote the ball........got any speed, or a QB that can toss the ball?

Reactions: honestjohn60
Hey Essex Trojan 1, just how many McDonald's and Burger Kings do you have in Essex? You got
Holmes are 6'3" 378 and Crabbe at 6'1" 400. Better have several, or there is not going to be any
Thing left for the other guys! Just kidding, but these are BIG guys, My Friend, and they can move!
Does the field tilt to one side in Essex?
OK, who you got to tote the ball........got any speed, or a QB that can toss the ball?
Hahahahaha!!!! We have one of each plus Wendys, KFC/Taco Bell, Subway, 4 Pizza places (2are Italian Resturants), couple Chinese places, couple Mexican, Applebee's, Shoneys, and a bunch of Family owned type places. It's plenty for them to eat. Hahaha! For RB, we have a couple guys but so far it looks to be Davon Beasley (Sr. 5'9" 185lbs). He will also get some time at LB. Last years RB, is this years Duel threat QB. He's K.J. Dameron (So. 6'2" 246lbs). Strong arm and a big power back. Will see some time on the D line if need. Most likely at DE. As a freshman last year, (according to the paper here K.J. Rushed for 583 yards and 8 TD's. He shared the RB job last year with Malik Martin (playing at VSU) and Rashun Monroe. We have pretty good speed. WR core is deep.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT