ADVERTISEMENT

Did it end 7-6 Galax?

Awesome! What a turnaround for the MT. I’m happy for them, what a roller coaster season. If Honaker couldn’t do it for 1D I’m glad it’s someone in the West to take it home. What a wild game, Essex scores in the first half and then is out scored 4-0 by Galax D in second half. A defensive performance for the ages.

Grasping for any kind of hope possible to make you feel better when you have to rely on another team and another state for your argument. If you told the whole story, you would not that more than likely 48 out of 50 states (across the country) Single A teams would lose to Mt.Airy in 2022 and 2023. Mt Airy would win the single A Title in a good 48 out of 50 states the past two years.

Reactions: MT FAN 91
Grasping for any kind of hope possible to make you feel better when you have to rely on another team and another state for your argument. If you told the whole story, you would not that more than likely 48 out of 50 states (across the country) Single A teams would lose to Mt.Airy in 2022 and 2023. Mt Airy would win the single A Title in a good 48 out of 50 states the past two years.
I'm from Galax.

I'm from Galax.
I'm not and regardless of where you are from, you are diminishing the teams accomplishment with your timing. You had all year to bring it up, why bring it up in a thread congratulating Galax? Here is what we do know....Galax is the best Class 1 team in Virginia.

Reactions: bigneal1985
I'm not and regardless of where you are from, you are diminishing the teams accomplishment with your timing. You had all year to bring it up, why bring it up in a thread congratulating Galax? Here is what we do know....Galax is the best Class 1 team in Virginia.
Because they both won state today. I did not have all year to bring that up. I had a couple of hours to bring up the fact the 1A champ in VA is 20 minutes from the 1A champ in NC. I then stated it would be a cool game to be played but Galax would probably get destroyed.

I'm sorry your feelings get hurt easily.

Reactions: AnyGivenFriday1969
Because they both won state today. I did not have all year to bring that up. I had a couple of hours to bring up the fact the 1A champ in VA is 20 minutes from the 1A champ in NC. I then stated it would be a cool game to be played but Galax would probably get destroyed.

I'm sorry your feelings get hurt easily.
Not possible brother for my feelings to be hurt. The teams I were rooting for in Class 1 and 2 won titles today.

Galax doesn't always win state titles in football. But when they do, they win by scores of 7-6. Congrats Galax!!!!
Nottoway lost to Rustburg 7 to 6 (old Group AA) in 1990 on a last-second (12 seconds left in the game) touchdown pass when it looked like my Cougars would win that first state championship—finally won in 1991.

Nottoway lost to Rustburg 7 to 6 (old Group AA) in 1990 on a last-second (12 seconds left in the game) touchdown pass when it looked like my Cougars would win that first state championship—finally won in 1991.

Ah easy enough to find

Essix runnin phone booth offense formationz. Don't use any speed or athleticsism.. Boyz need to be speed out up in ther.

If they (Essex) don't fire Jones after this embarrassing debacle then they deserve to keep under achieving. This clown has had more talent than anyone in 1A football and yet he finds a way to lose every time.. UNBELEIVABLE!!!!!

I just now read the details on this one. How really weird that the points were scored in that fashion. I did not have a dog in that fight but what would have been weirder would have been if Galax had not connected on that field goal and the final ended up being 6-4. Now THAT would have been newsworthy!!!

Reactions: uvacavs1
I just now read the details on this one. How really weird that the points were scored in that fashion. I did not have a dog in that fight but what would have been weirder would have been if Galax had not connected on that field goal and the final ended up being 6-4. Now THAT would have been newsworthy!!!
I was kind of hoping for four safeties to win 8-6 but that field goal hitting the goalpost and bouncing in was pretty great too!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT