ADVERTISEMENT

Dinwiddie, Henrico, and Bird Scrimmage

BleedingNavy

VaPreps All District
Dec 4, 2013
Played two full quarters against each team. Dinwiddie-14 Henrico 12 (two blocked extra points). Dinwiddie 21 LC Bird 14.

Dinwiddie looked much better this week. The offense scored twice on both teams with extended drives. The third td against Bird was a 40 yard pick six. The running game is rock solid with two backs with different styles. Dalton with power and Lucess with speed. Passing game showed a marked improvement with the return of Reese. Pope is playing with the maturity I expected.

Defensively, we are a work in progress. The d backs had three picks today and although they made a few mistakes I feel much better. We need to tackle better and swarm the ball if we want to compete at the highest level.

Henrico's quarterback (Florida recruit) is a super talent and can throw it on a rope. Bird's running back has the nastiest jump cut I have ever seen in high school. He can go. Good even effort by all teams.

Dinwiddie is going to improve. They have fans and players that care and they are well coached.

I am not being negative @freeatlast2013 i just try to keep it real. We played two decent class 5 teams tonight and held our own. Neither is in Highland Springs class, but Henrico would likely be a top 10 class 4 team. Their quarterback just transferred back to Henrico from usa top 10 highschool St. Francis - Baltimore where he was the starter there. Will not likely face a qb that good all year. Just need to keep getting better. Proud of our progress, but never satisfied. Lol

I absolutely 2nd Navy’s opinion if Dinwiddie hung in and played with Henrico and Bird then it is business as usual over in DC. Glad to hear you got 2 full quarters in with each. Sounds like all 3 teams need to be on our collective radar.

Reactions: DinwiddieProud
I was not trying to be negative, and you know more about the teams than I do, but really making the educated guess that Dinwiddie has some pieces but lost some horses and is trying to figure something out. The Skyhawks usually are one of the best teams in division 5.

Reactions: BleedingNavy
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT