ADVERTISEMENT

Dinwiddie question

knightfan64

VaPreps Varsity
Sep 11, 2007
i know this is random and has nothing to do with the game on the field, but what’s up with DHS’s helmets this year? Keep seeing pictures where some guys might as well have white helmets and others are still blue? Is it just the paint chipping off? If so I’ve never seen it happen that quickly into a season

Reactions: OCBoy and 1Gensfan
Yep, that is exactly what has happened. The freshly painted/reconditioned helmets started chipping paint from day one. I'm sure there will be some level of financial recovery, but I don't know if there is a short term solution. Besides, when you are winning games, you are understandably reluctant to make changes. The helmets are perfectly safe, it's just an aesthetics issue.

Yep, that is exactly what has happened. The freshly painted/reconditioned helmets started chipping paint from day one. I'm sure there will be some level of financial recovery, but I don't know if there is a short term solution. Besides, when you are winning games, you are understandably reluctant to make changes. The helmets are perfectly safe, it's just an aesthetics issue.
I had heard that the helmets weren’t supposed to chip until around week 7. They obviously started chipping by week 2. Definitely should get some kind of discount.

Reactions: DinwiddieProud
I had heard that the helmets weren’t supposed to chip until around week 7. They obviously started chipping by week 2. Definitely should get some kind of discount.

I'm sure there will be some renumeration. It's unfortunate for both, the team and the company that did the work. You know the company hates it, really bad PR.

I'm not sure that the kids are all that upset. I bet they look at it as "battle scars!"

BTW, I had not heard it mentioned that they would not start chipping until "whenever".

I'm sure there will be some renumeration. It's unfortunate for both, the team and the company that did the work. You know the company hates it, really bad PR.

I'm not sure that the kids are all that upset. I bet they look at it as "battle scars!"

BTW, I had not heard it mentioned that they would not start chipping until "whenever".

They shouldn’t chip at all. I have never seen such a mess as those dinwiddie helmets. They need a full refund on those. They looked awesome before they chipped though. Looked like it was a mirror metallic.

Reactions: gwb16 and 1Gensfan

I heard it 3rd person from a Coach that had talked to one of the Dinwiddie coaches.

Look who had a good game today vs my old school
Tried to post sturdaivats stats from today’s game.
89 yards 2 TD

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT