ADVERTISEMENT

Dinwiddie vs. Monacan

Yes it did Din Gen. Hoosfan said something about butthurt and it got deleted
It was a lot more to it than that. But let's just talk football.

I'm happy for Fludd, getting 1st team all Conference. I trust the coaches judgement. But, as if these two teams needed any more motivation, this selection will probably be on some teammate's minds. The Chiefs will be all out to prove why he was selected over Bryce. And Witt's fellow players will want to prove that a mistake was made.

The truth is, this is a matchup of two darn good field generals. May the best QB win.

Yea im ready for this friday. Ive been hyped up since last week.

I got all super excited yesterday. Don't get me wrong, I was looking forward to this matchup by 10:00 pm Friday night. But, I was somewhat somber knowing how tough of a game it would be. Now that I've played it out in my mind, and I have digested everything that you guys have been saying, I'm ready to see the game get started.

Reactions: 1Gensfan
It was a lot more to it than that. But let's just talk football.

I'm happy for Fludd, getting 1st team all Conference. I trust the coaches judgement. But, as if these two teams needed any more motivation, this selection will probably be on some teammate's minds. The Chiefs will be all out to prove why he was selected over Bryce. And Witt's fellow players will want to prove that a mistake was made.

The truth is, this is a matchup of two darn good field generals. May the best QB win.

Come on DP... they couldn't have nothing but Generals on the first team lol. They had to throw a few other folks on there. I don't think its as much about ability as it is, I think Fludd is more crucial to his team success. Without Witt I think you guys would find a way. Monacan I'm not so sure. 2 Great QB's though no doubt about that.

Reactions: DinwiddieProud
LOL. I agree. BTW, did you see the 17/18 All Conference team? Lake Taylor starting roster, with a few exceptions. Good for those boys. I find no fault with it. I'm the opposite from "everybody gets a trophy" regardless of the situation. You want something, go earn it. And that's what those boys did.

Incidentally, I was glad to see Clayton Cheatham selected. He meant so much to that team. His unfortunate injury should not overshadow how great of a competitor he was. (And still is).

Reactions: CRF4Dan
Incidentally, I was glad to see Clayton Cheatham selected. He meant so much to that team. His unfortunate injury should not overshadow how great of a competitor he was. (And still is).

I am glad he made it as well. I will say though I'll take our boy Fludd over any Qb in the region this year. Not that I am partial or anything :eek:. I just think he throws a beautiful ball. If he was 3 inches taller he'd be all over the magazines with his numbers.

I'll tell you another kid that was impressive. The Lufsey boy for Colonial Heights. The kid threw a beautiful ball, and put it out there for the receivers to catch. There were just not enough athletes on the Colonials for his talent to make a difference.

And the QB from Petersburg was pretty darn good also. A real gamer. Never quit. And he took a lot of big hits during their game with us. I wasn't surprised to see the Crinsom Wave win last week, but this week against Hopewell they will need some help. I think it's a case of Petersburg will have to play their best game of the year, and Hopewell will have to have a "C" or worse effort for the upset to occur. Petersburg will not roll over the way they did last year. Coach Scott will see to that. But Hopewell just has too many weapons on both sides of the ball for an unset to be likely.

(Consider this your Central District update, minus a Thomas Dale prediction).;)

I'll tell you another kid that was impressive. The Lufsey boy for Colonial Heights. The kid threw a beautiful ball, and put it out there for the receivers to catch. There were just not enough athletes on the Colonials for his talent to make a difference.

And the QB from Petersburg was pretty darn good also. A real gamer. Never quit. And he took a lot of big hits during their game with us. I wasn't surprised to see the Crinsom Wave win last week, but this week against Hopewell they will need some help. I think it's a case of Petersburg will have to play their best game of the year, and Hopewell will have to have a "C" or worse effort for the upset to occur. Petersburg will not roll over the way they did last year. Coach Scott will see to that. But Hopewell just has too many weapons on both sides of the ball for an unset to be likely.

(Consider this your Central District update, minus a Thomas Dale prediction).;)

I was stunned to see Petersburg dominating like that... I was thinking who was getting crushed so badly by a 3-7 football team. Shows you the strength of the area though!

Reactions: 1Gensfan
As for the matter at hand, wahoogen20 comments should be taken with a grain of salt as he is not a true fan. He has chosen to create controversy on these boards constantly by bragging and boasting about the generals not that they don't deserve it because they do. But you would think that someone who is that much of a homer would not miss potentially the best game of the year for a VCU basketball game. Let him have it boys.

True or not True. Your missing the biggest game of the year to date to go watch VCU play Binghamton. Don't call me a troll or question my fandom Ill be there with bells on. Hope your not butt hurt.

Not true. Why you talking bout butt hurt? Did you meet hoosfan on mancrush.com. You are probably some washed up pe teacher that lives to beat 11 year olds in basketball!

Well then yall can meet up because he is selling out the Gens tonight to go see a game with no meaning to him.

@mbonape1 it was nice to meet you. Enjoyed talking football with a class act. Hope you enjoyed the hospitality.

Fludd is the real deal and threw some beautiful balls. I was suprised Dinwiddie stayed in their base defense and played man to man coverage all night. Monacan is a very good team and has a bright future. It was just our night.

@mbonape1 it was nice to meet you. Enjoyed talking football with a class act. Hope you enjoyed the hospitality.

Fludd is the real deal and threw some beautiful balls. I was suprised Dinwiddie stayed in their base defense and played man to man coverage all night. Monacan is a very good team and has a bright future. It was just our night.

it is was a pleasure meeting you guys! You got yourself a real football team out there... unfortunately Monacan is a one man band... we missed a few TD throws but it wouldnt of mattered. I dont think we stopped you guys once all night. You guys caught everyball, maybe had 1 penalty, k pope was hurdling people in traffic... and mr freeland... goodness. I hope you win it all now. Bring the back to 804!

Come back down next Friday night. It should be a battle. Lake Taylor took care of business with vengence on their mind.
Game starts at 7. Will meet for dinner at 5:00pm.

Coach Mills reached down in the playbook a few times just as I thought he would. I thought both of your running backs played well. Thought Witt managed the game well and did not force anything. Suprised we ran the ball so well against you guys.

Best wishes and good luck to the Chiefs. You guys will be on top or close in our pod next season. Louisa, EV, and Powhatan will also contend.

Come back down next Friday night. It should be a battle. Lake Taylor took care of business with vengence on their mind.
Game starts at 7. Will meet for dinner at 5:00pm.

Coach Mills reached down in the playbook a few times just as I thought he would. I thought both of your running backs played well. Thought Witt managed the game well and did not force anything. Suprised we ran the ball so well against you guys.

Best wishes and good luck to the Chiefs. You guys will be on top or close in our pod next season. Louisa, EV, and Powhatan will also contend.

Navy.... u guys were basically running dives for TD's 1 out of every 4 plays. We moved the ball ok but we just couldn't stop you guys. You had special players making special plays. Fludd was off tonight but you have to be able to score outside of a fly route to win. Its hard for me to imagine a team on the 4A level matching Dinwiddie player for player. Freeland is better than I thought and I thought he was pretty damn good anyways! Our rec did drop a lot of balls... but I can't even say we played a particularly bad game... u guys just crushed it point blank! We are rooting for you now.. if I dont go to the laf / EV game ill come to Dinwiddie again next week. Big matchup between LT & Din... time for Mon to lick our wounds but you have our support now for sure moving forward. Your in the driver seat... step on the gas now!

Navy Nation has the utmost respect for Monacan. I think you saw that tonight and if you read Coach Mills comments in the RTD it shows how much he cares for Coach Henderson.

LT's interior lines will give us trouble. Have to pass protect a bit better and defend the veer. Pope can clog up the middle, but we have to defend the edge or we will be fighting an uphill battle. Whoever has success running the ball will win.

Navy.... u guys were basically running dives for TD's 1 out of every 4 plays. We moved the ball ok but we just couldn't stop you guys. You had special players making special plays. Fludd was off tonight but you have to be able to score outside of a fly route to win. Its hard for me to imagine a team on the 4A level matching Dinwiddie player for player. Freeland is better than I thought and I thought he was pretty damn good anyways! Our rec did drop a lot of balls... but I can't even say we played a particularly bad game... u guys just crushed it point blank! We are rooting for you now.. if I dont go to the laf / EV game ill come to Dinwiddie again next week. Big matchup between LT & Din... time for Mon to lick our wounds but you have our support now for sure moving forward. Your in the driver seat... step on the gas now!
U can make both games one is Friday one is Saturday

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT