ADVERTISEMENT

Dogs vs Bees!?

I used to think this same thing until my brother played with 2 very famous and honorable individuals that are brothers in college that made it to the pros who Salem would’ve loved to have in their program and wanted there but at the time they had interest in one brother but didn’t really care for the other which made the mother keep the kids at the school they were originally attending, again this is “lore” but the family is very respectable and honest people so do with it as you want
That sounds like the Barbour brothers if i spelled the name correctly. Give away there is mention of their mother, she was tough as nails on them boys to behave or she would light their butt up.

they can find you , but in all honesty many are overlooked which is why a contingent players who are in the NFL come from d3, d2, hbcus and etc the system has been flawed for a long time but now not so much as it once was
ok, I somewhat agree but name a player from 1a or 2a that was overlooked in the central Va region? Good to us a lot of times doesn't mean good in major college football. I'm not saying you are wrong, I just think this is a misconception.

ok, I somewhat agree but name a player from 1a or 2a that was overlooked in the central Va region? Good to us a lot of times doesn't mean good in major college football. I'm not saying you are wrong, I just think this is a misconception.
Off the top of my head I can’t just throw a name out there, because I agree with you major college football has parameters and things that are borderline requisites to make it to the next level and if you don’t check them all off they’ll offer a PWO spot if they feel you have what it takes. I’m more so speaking to the fact that the major institutions miss and particularly the state schools are missing out on a lot by overlooking the talent right in their backyards and allowing it to go to the smaller programs. They also take fliers on player who they believe are Better than what they are and miss , it’s not an exact science but I believe there’s been misses out of this area not just in 1/2A but also 3/4A. It baffles me as to why a player isn’t on the radar to make it to a major college football program but still good enough at the smaller programs to make it to the league every year we hear about a breakout star who is from a smaller pool. Also you pigeonholed me by making it explicitly in the central va region , but I’ll do some research and get back to you.

Last edited:
Reactions: catchtds
So y’all have given me roughly 2 instances of players who are/were on the men’s and women’s basketball teams at LU, and a couple of baseball prospects allegedly. If I’m not mistaken didnt these kids earn their scholarship offers prior to coming to LCA? Several kids move year in and year out , and by LCA being a private school parents from all over America may want to place their kid in the foothills of one of the worlds largest Christian schools. Particularly with the way the world is going and many rooted in their faith it seems like a “safer” option. I’m not nieve but there’s multiple reasons to move and LCA isn’t the best school for sports or resources in VA. many of you allude to in regards to LCA and LU connection but where does it rank in the state?
The local kids wanting to move and play there isn’t far fetched most of the local schools aren’t appealing as they once were, playing with my friends or going to compete for a championship is the question now. The last team to win a c3 or c4 championship out of the Seminole would either be Brookville or Heritage…and that’s been some years now and folks complained about those teams having transfers etc - again folks are crying over spilled milk. The kids may feel overmatched but I know they won’t forget playing at LCA(LU) facilities which many in CVA wont have an opportunity to do past high school.
Just for accuracy sake...Heritage was the last team from the Seminole to win a championship in football. They beat Phoebus In 2018.

Reactions: rainman17
I always chuckle when I hear Salem recruits. If they do they must start in 3rd grade because the overwhelming majority of the kids play together from South, West, East, & Carver Elementary schools on up through HS.
A good friend on mine has a son playing for Andrew Lewis. He's a really good RB now. I'm looking forward to seeing him in HS. Just wish it wasn't at Salem LOL.

Reactions: mike salem
Big matchup. The Brookville Bees and LCA Bulldogs, have rolled everyone they have played. I have the Dogs +17. What say you?
Go Bees
Lot of truth to that statement.

Although, they stretch the rules to benefit themselves athletically for sure.
I teach in an other district and have had two kids that were in my classroom end up there, "reclassify" and do an extra year in middle school to be a year older and physically bigger and better for high school.

I've also been to a game (years ago before they were part of the VHSL) and there was a family in front of me with a players number on pins and shirts. I asked them if that was their son (knowing it wasn't unless adopted) and they said that "he lives with us".

Kid who went to school in our district end up there. 6'6" 325 lbs and played in the league for several years. He sure could have helped our program!

Just a tough pill when you see some of the better athletes from the surrounding schools end up there and you have to compete against kids from your own district.
Yes and it happened to Amherst. I don't care what people say, they will always find a way to get the best athletes

Just for accuracy sake...Heritage was the last team from the Seminole to win a championship in football. They beat Phoebus In 2018.
Yes and when they play in the States, they play at LU and that is their home field. Ridiculous

LCA has the best player in 3A right now they should run the table in the Seminole and have a high seed for the region.

Great win LCA. Very impressive. Looks like a potential rematch before Phoebus bolts to Class 4. There is still alot of football left to be played as I'm sure the Killer Bees will regroup and be heard from again as will Lake Taylor, Lafayette and Norcom will be over here in Eastern VA! Great job!

Great win LCA. Very impressive. Looks like a potential rematch before Phoebus bolts to Class 4. There is still alot of football left to be played as I'm sure the Killer Bees will regroup and be heard from again as will Lake Taylor, Lafayette and Norcom will be over here in Eastern VA! Great job!
In reality there is no one in Regions C or D that are gonna be able to compete with LCA man those guys are just flat out on another level. They absolutely destroyed Brookville last night and I believe the Bees only had one first down the whole first half. It's gonna take Phoebus to do it again in December.

Reactions: Bo Bob
In reality there is no one in Regions C or D that are gonna be able to compete with LCA man those guys are just flat out on another level. They absolutely destroyed Brookville last night and I believe the Bees only had one first down the whole first half. It's gonna take Phoebus to do it again in December.
Phoebus will have to ramp it up because I can see the hardest challenge for Phoebus until the Woodside and Oscar Smith games is trying to keep those kids focused. They know they're on a different level in the Peninsula District and it's easy for them lose focus. That's big concern for me.

I will be pulling for you guys if that is the case

LCA has the best player in 3A right now they should run the table in the Seminole and have a high seed for the region.
They have one of the highest recruited players but I would argue that Nolan James is the best football player in Class 3. Of course, it's just an opinion.

I wouldn't look past a potential State Semis matchup with Botetourt. LB is a legit contender in the western part of the state. LCA might have too much speed for LB but I think it's a good matchup for both teams.

Best player in 3A is a hard argument to make without seeing teams in person. Davidson, James, and Jordan Bass all in the top of the conversation though

Reactions: VolNation85
well I’ll retract my statement to say this until proven otherwise he’s the best player in the Seminole and he’s a sophomore and it’s not close

well I’ll retract my statement to say this until proven otherwise he’s the best player in the Seminole and he’s a sophomore and it’s not close
I would agree with best in the Seminole not sure about the #1 RB ranking per class though

I would agree with best in the Seminole not sure about the #1 RB ranking per class though

definitely subjective but when you’re 2 years out from graduation there isn’t but so many sophomore backs who carried the ball like he did as a freshman and he performed on the circuit in the offseason to garner some national attention

I think he’s the best player in VA on the offensive side of the ball in 3A right now and probably will be top 3 when his ranking comes out for the state and top 100 for a national ranking

That is true about Freshman production. I guess in my mind I compare him to Henderson when he was at Hopewell and IMO that isn't close. Henderson was faster, bigger, and a harder runner. I am talking about Henderson as a soph compared to Davidson as a soph.

That is true about Freshman production. I guess in my mind I compare him to Henderson when he was at Hopewell and IMO that isn't close. Henderson was faster, bigger, and a harder runner. I am talking about Henderson as a soph compared to Davidson as a soph.

hard to make that comparison for me when I know they’re playing 2 different levels/opponents week in and week out — Henderson saw more athletes/better comp which allowed his athleticism to jump off the charts when you’re pulling away from other “fast” teams like a TD, dinwiddie etc it’s a different analysis

davidson is by far the best player when he’s on the field and won’t see another player of his caliber at the skill position until playoffs , i might be mistaken but there’s not many p5 guys in the Seminole at the skill position that I’ve seen in the last 2 years — so for me he is a big fish in a small pond but I don’t doubt you move him to a bigger body of water and he still is a big fish

time will tell Davidson has two more years to garner national attention and spotlight, could crest into the top 10 or higher nationally VA has Done it before

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT