ADVERTISEMENT

Driving conditions from Salem to Williamsburg?

southbottomU

VaPreps All District
Dec 5, 2004
Doesn't look good. This is one of the reasons a central location should be used. Four hour drive. Everyone be safe. Salem team usually does not spend the night before game. If roads are bad this could be a big mess. Some forcast have Salem receiving 1 to 3 inches of snow Saturday morning.

Reactions: SpartanForce
Right now the Friday/ Saturday forecast is rain/snow/mix thru the afternoon on Saturday. But I would expect right here mostly rain and no accumulation. Been over that mountain on 64 near Waynesboro. That could be tricky. Good luck to all, stick to the interstates and don’t go over 60 and it should be Ok. Drove in snow my whole life up north and was always ok. Speed is what causes problems.

Right now the Friday/ Saturday forecast is rain/snow/mix thru the afternoon on Saturday. But I would expect right here mostly rain and no accumulation. Been over that mountain on 64 near Waynesboro. That could be tricky. Good luck to all, stick to the interstates and don’t go over 60 and it should be Ok. Drove in snow my whole life up north and was always ok. Speed is what causes problems.
Forcast in Salem 1 to 3 inches this evening and tonight. Going to be difficult if that happens. Games should be no further east than Richmond and no further west than Salem (only a and aa)

Doesn't look good. This is one of the reasons a central location should be used. Four hour drive. Everyone be safe. Salem team usually does not spend the night before game. If roads are bad this could be a big mess. Some forcast have Salem receiving 1 to 3 inches of snow Saturday morning.
Hearing the game has been moved to Sunday at 5:30

Well, Sunday forecast here is 45 and total sun. Big improvement but I thought Sunday games were forbidden?
They (VHSL) changed that 8-10 years ago for purposes of weather and I believe it applies to post-season only. What was happening was wrestling tournaments (and track maybe?) were having to go Saturday/Monday or Monday/Tuesday with the next round that Friday.

No VHSL got huge back lash a couple of years ago bc they cut short the state wrestling tournament from two days to one. Really screwed a lot of kids.

They (VHSL) changed that 8-10 years ago for purposes of weather and I believe it applies to post-season only. What was happening was wrestling tournaments (and track maybe?) were having to go Saturday/Monday or Monday/Tuesday with the next round that Friday.

No VHSL got huge back lash a couple of years ago bc they cut short the state wrestling tournament from two days to one. Really screwed a lot of kids.
Yeah, that was a total blunder, but Sunday events were allowed at that time. It wasn't an option then b/c it was a significant snow event and nothing would be cleared Sunday and/or the Civic Center was already booked for Sunday.

It was a total screw up then. I was at Salem for it and there was some real mad parents and kids. They had hotel reservations and couldn't cancel.

Yeah, that was a total blunder, but Sunday events were allowed at that time. It wasn't an option then b/c it was a significant snow event and nothing would be cleared Sunday and/or the Civic Center was already booked for Sunday.

Me too. I'm lucky enough to have relatives 5 minutes away. One of the wrestlers wore his gold medal backwards on the medal stand. Picture made it to twitter feeds of national wrestling organizations.

I'm not a fan of the new set up this year either. I don't like having states at a high school. Might as well be a high school tournament. I think it needs to be a big venue.

Well, Sunday forecast here is 45 and total sun. Big improvement but I thought Sunday games were forbidden?
I posted on here that they were not forbidden. Amherst played Christiansburg on a Sunday for the Semi-finals because of weather.

Reactions: mike salem
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT