ADVERTISEMENT

Early Favorites for 3A State Tournament

Who are our way too early predictions out of the East and West to make it to the State Tournament?
too many unknowns with Goochland and George Mason coming in and TJ and John Marshall going out

Watch out for Charlottesville next year :cool::cool:

We return four starters and our top five scorers. We've got two all region picks coming back plus I think we have the best shooter in Region 3C and the best on-ball defender in the region as well.

Reactions: Marshall-Dillon
I'll take Phoebus and Hopewell out of A, James Monroe and Goochland out of B (man that region had a huge drop-off), either Cville, Spotswood, Heritage or LCA out of C (that one is up from grabs imo) and Cave Spring and Northside out of D.

Gimmie a Final Four of Phoebus vs Hopewell and Cave Spring vs Charlottesville.

I agree on the Hopewell Phoebus. Nobody in Region B can compete with them in my opinion

I like the Charlottesville pick, they return a lot of key pieces. Will be interesting to see if they put it all together next year for a deep run. Spotswood loses a lot but brings back an All region 1st teamer in Smith and you never know who they are going to bring in

Heritage should be talented with Lambert leading the way. Not sure what LCA brings back. Western Albemarle had a down year it seemed like, but return a lot around their stud and add some good pieces

Northside loses the two studs, might be Cave Spring’s year to finally dethrone them from the region

Give me an Elite 8 of
Hopewell Goochland
Phoebus James Monroe
Cave Spring Western Albemarle
Charlottesville Northside

I agree on the Hopewell Phoebus. Nobody in Region B can compete with them in my opinion

I like the Charlottesville pick, they return a lot of key pieces. Will be interesting to see if they put it all together next year for a deep run. Spotswood loses a lot but brings back an All region 1st teamer in Smith and you never know who they are going to bring in

Heritage should be talented with Lambert leading the way. Not sure what LCA brings back. Western Albemarle had a down year it seemed like, but return a lot around their stud and add some good pieces

Northside loses the two studs, might be Cave Spring’s year to finally dethrone them from the region

Give me an Elite 8 of
Hopewell Goochland
Phoebus James Monroe
Cave Spring Western Albemarle
Charlottesville Northside

Solid solid picks. Spotswood is the big wild card this year in 3C in my opinion. Like you said, they return arguably their best player but their other returning guys were all role players last year.

Cave Spring loses their leading scorer but returns their top playmaker in Buster and their 6-7 big man Huffman, so I'd take them over Northside this year.

I like the Goochland pick in B. They could surprise a lot of people this coming year.

Solid solid picks. Spotswood is the big wild card this year in 3C in my opinion. Like you said, they return arguably their best player but their other returning guys were all role players last year.

Cave Spring loses their leading scorer but returns their top playmaker in Buster and their 6-7 big man Huffman, so I'd take them over Northside this year.

I like the Goochland pick in B. They could surprise a lot of people this coming year.
Region C is really intriguing now with the addition of Charlottesville. Could be a 4 headed monster with Charlottesville Heritage Western and Spotswood. Interesting clash of styles amongst the 4. A lot of really really good returning talent between them......depending on how Western bounces back and what Spotswood puts around the Smith kid, this Region will be leaving 2 very good teams behind no matter who advances to states

Reactions: blackknight_pride
Region C will be interesting. Several solid teams/programs in C. Whoever makes it out will be battle tested. Could see Charlottesville making some noise. C will be a lot stronger than D.

Region D outside of Cave Spring is probably pretty wide open and down. Lord Botetourt, Carroll, and Magna Vista were all young and have everyone returning. Would think Northside would take a step back losing 4 of their starting 5, including Draper and Wooden. I think Cave Spring and Northside were the only 2 teams with winning records this year in the new region D.

Reactions: blackknight_pride
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT