ADVERTISEMENT

Early Favorites for 3A

A

anon_y7v0wv40itxop

I've seen this posted on other boards. I'm curious to know who are the favorites in 3A for next season.

Lafayette/Phoebus/ on the Peninsula. Booker T Washington on the Southside, Norcom is going thru a coaching change not sure but they have some nice pieces back also.

Reactions: VolNation85
I know a lot of the “Bradley Haters” and “Anti-Bradley” crowd don’t want to hear this but Heritage will probably be the favorite to repeat. They only lose 5 starters total from this year’s championship team. @HokieTDTech @HolyFrog @wikki @mike salem gonna be real upset with Bradley’s “antics” again next year LOL.

And just for the record, I am not a Heritage fan but I know a good program when I see one and give credit where credit is due.

Last edited:
Reactions: MaroonandGold29
I know a lot of the “Bradley Haters” and “Anti-Bradley” crowd don’t want to hear this but Heritage will probably be the favorite to repeat. They only lose 5 starters total from this year’s championship team. @HokieTDTech @HolyFrog @wikki @mike salem gonna be real upset with Bradley’s “antics” again next year LOL.

And just for the record, I am not a Heritage fan but I know a good program when I see one and give credit where credit is due.

Man Volnation you are really going to irritate the Bradley haters out there LOL! I agree with you that Heritage will be a front runner again. They have too much experience and talent to not be a factor in my opinion.

I didn't say anything about the team or wishing them ill will. They seem to be good kids in the community from the press conference I watched. If they win the next few championships it won't affect me one bit. I just don't care for Bradley's behavior at times. I'm also not a fan of what Torrence was a part of at Northside. I'm not a hater or against Heritage.

I think it's funny the administration and parents couldn't deal with Doug Smith's good behavior, but they are ok with Torrence's past transgressions and Bradley's occasional antics. Smith has taken his system and gone on to win 3 championships at Appomattox.

I didn't say anything about the team or wishing them ill will. They seem to be good kids in the community from the press conference I watched. If they win the next few championships it won't affect me one bit. I just don't care for Bradley's behavior at times. I'm also not a fan of what Torrence was a part of at Northside. I'm not a hater or against Heritage.

I think it's funny the administration and parents couldn't deal with Doug Smith's good behavior, but they are ok with Torrence's past transgressions and Bradley's occasional antics. Smith has taken his system and gone on to win 3 championships at Appomattox.
That should tell you what the people closest to Bradley think of him. Administration, parents, and the players are ok with them, maybe they’re not as bad as some people here think.

If you would like to continue this conversation further, you should make a new thread. The OP was about C3 contenders for next year, which Heritage obviously will be. I just don't want to hijack QB1's post. Thank you @VolNation85 .

Heritage has some size at receiver coming up. If they get a QB they’ll be crazy good. They have athletes for the next few years that the coaches will capitalize on.

Perfectly written, they had problems with Smith but not with Bradley.

Reactions: Bo Bob and moto138

I don’t hate him or Heritage, just not a fan of him. I think he’s a little too much for me and several other administration personnel feel the same. I don’t like how he did at Salem that year. Besides we will see if they repeat without those 5 players from this year. Other teams have players returning as well

I think Bradley understands and gets the players which is why the fans don’t have much issues. He produces results, heritage like glass always has talent roaming the halls but has been underused for years, frustrating the parents and fans. Smith ran a clean program and the kids liked him But the results never aligned. Easy way to disgruntle a fan base is not win, Smith followed Jones who won a chip there his predecessor and successor both have won chips, which could be why heritage wasn’t a good fit for him how Appomattox is. He reminds me a lot of rich rod, whom he has ties to, and overall is a good coach.

Heritage will be a force as long as he’s there get used to it.

LB returns a stud in hunter rice who may be the best player west of Richmond. They’ll be there again.

Liberty Bedford I’ve heard was young, could make a return and make more noise than they did this year.

If Torrance never comes to Heritage and Blake never follows him down Heritage, Does Heritage play for state last two years ?

That follows my 2nd question where will be new set of recruits will come from to help them win it again ?!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT