ADVERTISEMENT

Eastern View 56 Courtland 42 Conf 19 Final

Dinwiddie will be making the long road trip up to EV for the game on Tuesday evening. I'll be there if any of you northern folks would like to meet and greet for a couple of minutes?

Dinwiddie Proud shoot me an email address I will be at the game...

About 7-8 deep. Aggressive, a good number of points on turnovers. Work the ball around pretty good. Will push it down the court whenever they can, but can pull up and pass the ball around with pretty good authority.

My favorite player is our point guard, Jalyn Jarrett, #12. His motor runs 900 mph all the time.

By far the smoothest player on the team is #33, Marquis Robinson, 6'3" forward. Oh how I wish he was only a junior. He has progressed so much this season, I hate to see him move on. He has a little hook shot and a finger roll lay in that almost look like they are in slow motion.

Like any team, they can get streaky. I've seen where the 3 point shot broke the back of an opponent that denied them the paint. And I've seen games that virtually every long shot looked like something I would put up. (Which ain't pretty)! Sometimes the basket is as big as a swimming pool. Sometimes it looks like a tea cup.

I wouldn't go so far as to say we live and die by the fast break, but it is certainly a big part of our game. We are aggressive on the boards, which sometimes gets us in foul trouble. We have no one player that devastates us if they get in foul trouble, but you hate to see your big men get cautious because of fouls. All this will basically be determined by how the officials call the game. I just hope they let the kids get after it. You know, stay away from the touch fouls and such. Dinwiddie is a very composed group of kids. They play hard, but play respectful. I'm sure EV is exactly the same. Let's let the kids decide the game, not the zebras.

Long trip tomorrow, but really looking forward it. I hope to meet a couple of you there.

About 7-8 deep. Aggressive, a good number of points on turnovers. Work the ball around pretty good. Will push it down the court whenever they can, but can pull up and pass the ball around with pretty good authority.

My favorite player is our point guard, Jalyn Jarrett, #12. His motor runs 900 mph all the time.

By far the smoothest player on the team is #33, Marquis Robinson, 6'3" forward. Oh how I wish he was only a junior. He has progressed so much this season, I hate to see him move on. He has a little hook shot and a finger roll lay in that almost look like they are in slow motion.

Like any team, they can get streaky. I've seen where the 3 point shot broke the back of an opponent that denied them the paint. And I've seen games that virtually every long shot looked like something I would put up. (Which ain't pretty)! Sometimes the basket is as big as a swimming pool. Sometimes it looks like a tea cup.

I wouldn't go so far as to say we live and die by the fast break, but it is certainly a big part of our game. We are aggressive on the boards, which sometimes gets us in foul trouble. We have no one player that devastates us if they get in foul trouble, but you hate to see your big men get cautious because of fouls. All this will basically be determined by how the officials call the game. I just hope they let the kids get after it. You know, stay away from the touch fouls and such. Dinwiddie is a very composed group of kids. They play hard, but play respectful. I'm sure EV is exactly the same. Let's let the kids decide the game, not the zebras.

Long trip tomorrow, but really looking forward it. I hope to meet a couple of you there.
Sounds like you just described EV. Wait til you see our soph point guard he is lightning. Btw he was a star on the football team. Most of EV players are juniors or sophomores so they are young.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT