ADVERTISEMENT

Enough about the Dream Team for this season.

Dec 17, 2015
I was just looking at the schedules and results over on SWVASports.com, somebody does great work over there keeping up with all the scores and postponements/cancellations.

Anyway, I digress. I just realized the hottest AA team in southwest Virginia isn't Gate City, Union, or the Dream Team. It is actually Graham.

After thumping Virginia High last night, they are 16-2. Their only two losses have come against Honaker, who is undefeated and beat Graham by 1, and cross-town rival, Bluefield, who Graham had beaten earlier in the season and who also makes annual visits to the WV AA State Tournament in Charleston.

Graham is currently riding a nine game winning streak and outscored their opponents by a margin of 78.8-50.7 during that streak, including a 10-point win over the Dream Team, which was Graham's closest game during that stretch.

I haven't noticed a lot of mention about Graham this season but they probably should be in the talk along with Gate City, Union, and Richlands. The Southwest is going to be interesting come post-season.

I was just looking at the schedules and results over on SWVASports.com, somebody does great work over there keeping up with all the scores and postponements/cancellations.

Anyway, I digress. I just realized the hottest AA team in southwest Virginia isn't Gate City, Union, or the Dream Team. It is actually Graham.

After thumping Virginia High last night, they are 16-2. Their only two losses have come against Honaker, who is undefeated and beat Graham by 1, and cross-town rival, Bluefield, who Graham had beaten earlier in the season and who also makes annual visits to the WV AA State Tournament in Charleston.

Graham is currently riding a nine game winning streak and outscored their opponents by a margin of 78.8-50.7 during that streak, including a 10-point win over the Dream Team, which was Graham's closest game during that stretch.

I haven't noticed a lot of mention about Graham this season but they probably should be in the talk along with Gate City, Union, and Richlands. The Southwest is going to be interesting come post-season.
Didn't realize that Graham had beaten the PCMS Faculty team by 10! ;)!

I agree that their schedule hasn't been Murderer's Row, but they have beaten everyone on their schedule with the exception of Honaker. I'll be interested to see how they do against the likes of Gate City, Union, Dan River, and Martinsville. We all know that took Mavahi to the limit last year and probably should have won that game. I surely wouldn't look past them if I had to play them in the post-season.

Flying under the radar at this time of the year is not necessarily a bad thing. But those who follow 2A basketball already knew that Graham is a contender, especially after that Martinsville game last year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT