ADVERTISEMENT

EV 28 Chancellor 24...

Marshall-Dillon

VaPreps Honorable Mention
Mar 10, 2011
Reva
But I cannot image that they will win in the next round committing as many penalties as they did v. Chancellor. I would be interested to know how many times they were flagged tonight.

Anyway...congratulations on a HUGE (Trump accent here) win for the EV program. Chancellor is a tremendously talented team. This game was absolutely worth the price of admission...even with all the flags.

But I cannot image that they will win in the next round committing as many penalties as they did v. Chancellor. I would be interested to know how many times they were flagged tonight.

Anyway...congratulations on a HUGE (Trump accent here) win for the EV program. Chancellor is a tremendously talented team. This game was absolutely worth the price of admission...even with all the flags.
A lot of personal fouls calls tonight. What happened to Holmes in the first half? Chancellor couldn't stop him in the second half.

A lot of personal fouls calls tonight. What happened to Holmes in the first half? Chancellor couldn't stop him in the second half.
I only remember one personal foul, a face mask. But my gosh at the holding calls. As far as Holmes, it looked like Hatfield made a package change with him after the half. Hat replaced a couple of the receivers with TEs on a couple of those series. A few extra blockers made rushing much more effective.

Reactions: OCBoy
Who did you hear that from? Announcer at end of our game still had it undecided. But knowing from past games in the 19 years following Lafayette they always prefer Saturday afternoon at this stage.

I only remember one personal foul, a face mask. But my gosh at the holding calls. As far as Holmes, it looked like Hatfield made a package change with him after the half. Hat replaced a couple of the receivers with TEs on a couple of those series. A few extra blockers rushing so much more effective. Holmes had a great 2nd half.
I think part of it is, Pollard is still the number 1 back and more than capable of carrying the full game load but want to save him for defense also. Also having Holmes come in the second half practically fresh did and will beat up any defense. They couldn't take it all 4 quarters.

I only remember one personal foul, a face mask. But my gosh at the holding calls. As far as Holmes, it looked like Hatfield made a package change with him after the half. Hat replaced a couple of the receivers with TEs on a couple of those series. A few extra blockers made rushing much more effective.

I count at least three. Late hit on the QB (out of bounds), late hit on the kicker (second TD), and the face mask. My mind keeps thinking there were four but its late and I may be mistaken. The face mask call was pretty much right in front of me. It was scary. The Charger running back had his head pulled all the way to the ground by the face mask. I was surprised to see him get up.

I do remember those flags now that you mention them. The late hit OB happened right in front of me...totally bogus call. There was a pile up and momentum carried the whole bunch to the bench. The roughing the kicker call was questionable at best. Looked like the defender was being blocked into the kicker. Couldn't see the facemask but will take your birds eye view account. Either way...too many penalties!

Holmes is a small back and he hit those holes with blazing speed and Chancellor couldn't stop him

Reactions: Marshall-Dillon
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT