ADVERTISEMENT

FINAL 4

G MASTER BLASTER W

VaPreps All District
Aug 30, 2012
I know its still a while until the playoffs start but with it being week 8 of the season sadly and a lot can change between now and then who do you think will be the FINAL 4 this year mine is

Essex
Riverheads
Galax
GW

This is my opinion nothing more would love to hear what you guys think

I know its still a while until the playoffs start but with it being week 8 of the season sadly and a lot can change between now and then who do you think will be the FINAL 4 this year mine is

Essex
Riverheads
Galax
GW

This is my opinion nothing more would love to hear what you guys think
Expect you are right about Essex and Riverheads. Radford, PM, and Burton are probably the only other 3 on the west side to consider.

So are you saying GW isn't a team to consider in the west? I agree that Radford, GW, Burton and PM are the top 4 in the west right now and might be a solid picks. But I just feel like Galax is still a tope 4 team could've beat Radford in the 1st game and GW would give Radford everything the want now. PM and Burton could be a threat to a lot of teams but I think they will struggle against a Radford, Galax or GW. Again this isn't to start crap only a conversation

Have we forgotten about Altavista in the East? Or Central? Long ways to go and lots can change. The bye could be detrimental to some of the top four teams, we don't know the effect of that terrible decision. On paper I agree for the most part but games are played on the field so anything can and most likely will happen.

Agreed anything can happen and like you said that's why the game is played I mean if we went by who is supposed to win Bland would still be undefeated. And no I personally haven't forgotten about them if I had to pick one of the teams in my final 4 who has the best chance of not being there I would go with riverheads. I just think that they will run into a team who can slow that run game down the main reason I have them in my 4 is they haven't lost yet. But I do think if riverheads is out it will be Central who is in.

So are you saying GW isn't a team to consider in the west? I agree that Radford, GW, Burton and PM are the top 4 in the west right now and might be a solid picks. But I just feel like Galax is still a tope 4 team could've beat Radford in the 1st game and GW would give Radford everything the want now. PM and Burton could be a threat to a lot of teams but I think they will struggle against a Radford, Galax or GW. Again this isn't to start crap only a conversation
No, I was agreeing with your picks. Don't know the east teams well enough to offer much of an opinion, but just saying along with your picks, that the 3 I listed are probably the only 5 from the west with a legit shot.

Reactions: G MASTER BLASTER W
Ok my bad for not getting right off and I completely agree the west is a 5 horse race right now and again anything can happen but I just don't think any of the other teams in the west can prove to be a threat to these 5. And the east is its own thing we don't know much about them and they don't know much about us and we play 2 totally different types of football.

Probably so, I don't like the bye week at all.

I am thinking our last game against Stuart's Draft will test is well going into the playoffs along with a decent defensive team in Wilson. I actually wouldn't be too surprised if Draft beats us in a close game.

I don't think we are a complete team, though some say our limited passing excludes us yearly from being a complete team. I personally like watching our methodical offense though. Everybody knows what we are going to do. Knowing it and stopping it is a completely different animal.

I am anxious to see new teams and match ups this year.

Oh I almost forgot our Achilles heal, William Campbell. They killed us for years, that would be interesting also. Possibilities are endless......

Yeah stopping a team that does one thing very well is like you said a different animal just like Giles and others that work one thing. And I cant wait to see some new teams going at it and seeing how the styles match up. And don't feel bad GW could have the best D to ever step on a football field and RR could have a goat and an elderly lady and would still give us a game. It's just that high school rivalry kids do not want to get beat by a team that is there biggest foe.

True maybe my MAROONS and you Gladiators will get to meet up at some point late in the playoffs. I think that would be a really good game we have a very solid Run D and your Run O is top notch.

Hey man I down with that lol I'm always up for a debate about football. I saw you guys play eastmont a few years back in the State game and man that was a heck of a game the way RH runs the offense is crazy to watch.

Last edited:
I don't count anyone out cause we were handled by a 6 seeded Gretna team at our place that went on to win the title that year. Teams gaining momentum going into the playoffs is the key. You have to play good in late November, early December. Don't matter how you start but how you finish.

And the East Montgomery game was a shootout. They couldn't stop us and for the most part we couldn't stop them. Great atmosphere just like a HS game should be.

Yeah I enjoyed that game from stat to finish and that's how almost all of the games down here are the fans go at it all game.

From the looks of the top 10 a lot of the teams in this weeks group looks like they have games that will be very hard to win. Could be another big shake up in next weeks rankings. #3 Radford has Giles, #6 PM has James River, #7 Auburn has Glenvar, and #8 Sussex has #9 Franklin so we will either have a lot of upsets or a big change in next weeks rankings.

These are the ones I know I'm not sure who 1,2,5 and 10 have and my MAROONS have chilhowie which shouldn't be a game at all.

Essex plays Colonial Beach and Riverheads plays Page Co I believe

From the looks of the top 10 a lot of the teams in this weeks group looks like they have games that will be very hard to win. Could be another big shake up in next weeks rankings. #3 Radford has Giles, #6 PM has James River, #7 Auburn has Glenvar, and #8 Sussex has #9 Franklin so we will either have a lot of upsets or a big change in next weeks rankings.

I don't think anyone would count a loss by Radford, PM, or Auburn as an upset. I think they will all lose. The Franklin Sussex game will be a big test for both, and the winner could actually end up with one of top 2 seeds in the east. They have both been flying under the radar, but these are teams no one will want to see in an early round

2x4, are you thinking either Riverheads or Essex takes a loss or two before the end of the season? Otherwise Sussex/Franklin can't out point them for the number two spot. Not arguing that either could make a run in the playoffs. I just think mathematically it's a real stretch to move in front of either of the two currently there for top seeding.

Too early to project Final 4. There is no overwhelming favorite right now, and a couple upsets in playoffs could shake things up. Might need to keep an eye on Wm Campbell.

Completetly agree. There are 5-6 on each side that could get hot and roll through these playoffs.
2x4, are you thinking either Riverheads or Essex takes a loss or two before the end of the season? Otherwise Sussex/Franklin can't out point them for the number two spot. Not arguing that either could make a run in the playoffs. I just think mathematically it's a real stretch to move in front of either of the two currently there for top seeding.

Franklin has 5 games left including one 2A and one 3A. I think it may be possible for them to outpoint Essex, without Essex losing, but I'm not a100% sure. I don't think Sussex could. Obviously Franklin would have to win out to achieve this. If Franklin, Essex and RH win out, the points will much closer than most think

I don't think anyone would count a loss by Radford, PM, or Auburn as an upset. I think they will all lose. The Franklin Sussex game will be a big test for both, and the winner could actually end up with one of top 2 seeds in the east. They have both been flying under the radar, but these are teams no one will want to see in an early round
I feel if Radford beats Giles, PM beats JR and Auburn beats Glenvar those would be upsets. Now I'm not saying these teams cant win they have all proven themselves to be more than able but given the caliber of the teams they all play it would be an upset to a lot of people.

You always predict us to lose. Which is fine. Haters are gonna hate I guess.

I think what people dread the most about Sussex/Franklin on these boards are the fact that when/if they do get high up in the rankings the two or three clowns that used to run their mouths on here will be back mouthing again. And if you dare to call them out on it they start crying "racism" (well, at least the guys from Sussex do) and then you have a few schmucks get on here and give these self-important lectures about nothing.

Hopefully they wont get a chance to start crying and whining if you win cool congrats if you get beat take it in stride.

Hopefully they wont get a chance to start crying and whining if you win cool congrats if you get beat take it in stride.

Yea well the Sussex clown whined for a solid year straight after Honaker beat them in 2012.

Yeah, haven't heard much from the Tigers or Broncos fans lately. Probably still upset about getting their butts kicked. . MMQ, who do you pull for? Don't take anything I say personal, I'm just speaking my thoughts.

I think they would both struggle with a lot of the teams in the West this year so they might not be to happy again.

Yeah, haven't heard much from the Tigers or Broncos fans lately. Probably still upset about getting their butts kicked. . MMQ, who do you pull for? Don't take anything I say personal, I'm just speaking my thoughts.

No problems! I was just joking with you anyway and you're just as much entitled to your opinion as anyone else. I keep up with Parry McCluer. And it would be hard for me to be upset with you when I agree with you on your outlook for those 3 games. I would be pleasantly surprised if PM wins, but I wont hold my breathe.

The Sussex fans, or just two in particular...maybe there are just two..., said that the officials were racist at the Honaker game. Which I find laughable. One of the guys, Willsdad I think was his name, said that the officials came over to the Sussex side line and called their players a bunch of -expletive's-. Which I find laughable as well.

However what set off my argument with them was the other Sussex fan, Sussex15 or something like that, has a tendency to call everyone they play and beat "soft"..now granted, he hides for weeks whenever they lose and then has an excuse for it like the extreme excuse above. I dont know if you two remember just how bad he was with that stuff. Anyway, I called him out on that and said that all it took was one shot in the mouth to shut up all that mouthing (which is what Clintwood, Altavista, Honaker, GW, and others have shown over the years). Which he immediately started a thread calling me a racist, and then of course some schmuck from Stuarts Draft posted this long self-righteous thread about how we're all equal and blah blah blah blah blah..There was another guy he was calling a racist too, I think he was a Lunenburg fan, cant remember his name, but he and I both agreed that all it took was a good hardnosed team to shut down all the hot air.

Reactions: Keith_Stone33
For teams that think they are entitled to a win no matter who is on the other side of the field there will always be an excuse. Now I'm the type that thinks if your team heads into a game thinking they will get beat then they will. But it always helps to be realistic lol as far as a good shot in the mouth 90% of teams crumble when they run into a team that will hit you and laugh. And as much as the guys from up north hate to admit it that's the way most of the teams from the West play we hit you and move on. They play the game to run away from and around you not at you and over you. Football is so much more fun to watch down here the atmosphere is better the fans get into it more and the kids seem to want to play more.

And that's the way football is supposed to be played!

Speaking of how different things are in different parts of the state, I went and watched George Mason play Rappahannock County early in the season over in Falls Church and I saw just how out of hand some of these "safety first" penalties are going. Mason got called for a minimum of 4 unsportsmanlike's that would not have been called in SWVA, and oh boy we're they chicken s..cratch calls. Two really stood out; one was called when Rapp Co completed a pass and the GM defender immediately hit the guy between the numbers, did not leave the ground or anything and here comes the Yellow Flag! The second was when the GM running back ran the ball up the middle, lowered his shoulder and ran over a Rapp Co defender for more yardage, Flags again! I have never, ever, EVER seen a call like that before and that's saying a lot. If I can figure out how to share videos on here I have that play on video and you can see for yourself.

Wow that's is what is killing football and one of the main reasons that kids are picking soccer over football. Those refs would absolutely hate calling a game around here for one its smash mouth all night long and the fans can and will get very hostel very quickly. We went slack off on the refs Friday night against nw like I said in my other post some of the worst calls I've ever seen. They kept nw in the game in the 1st half.

Bronco fan/alum here.lol.I think Franklin is having a nice season so far with this team.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT