ADVERTISEMENT

FINAL BATTLEFIELD RANKINGS AND LONG RANGE PREDICTIONS FOR NEXT YEAR

skynard1

VaPreps Honorable Mention
Oct 12, 2009
The regular season ended Friday night and now for 4 teams its playoff time! The teams pretty much ended like I thought the district would rank. Really wasn't any huge surprises. The jackets got better like I thought but if someone would have told me they would be a team that threw the ball only about 10% of the time I would have thought you was nuts. I thought the foxes was a little better then they was as they played well at the beginning of the season but as they played the better teams they faded! They are still a good team but like Courtland the season will end Friday night. Chancellor by far was the best team in the district loaded with talent and D1 at that. They should not have lost but maybe the Eastern View game at the most. One of the most talented teams in the state so now show it as they enter the playoffs. Courtland played well and JC done a great job with the talent they had playing 500 ball. Caroline has the coach they need but need a few more bricks to have a full load. Spotsy was awful and there is rumblings out there that the coach may not be there next season. I sure hope not as Johnson has nothing to work with and another coaching change will leave the knights like Caroline a team without a country. HE needs to stay next season and with no improvement next season than that situation needs to be looked at seriously! It will be a little different battlefield next year with Eastern View coming in the district making it much stronger. So here is the final rankings playoff outlook, next years early lookout with returning starters on offense and defense and a early look at how they will rank next season.
# 1 CHANCELLOR 8 @ 2: Great season for the chargers as the play Powhatan Friday night. will be a tough game but if they play chancellor football should beat Powhatan. a veteran team that anything but a semi or final state finish will be a disappointment.
# 2 JAMES MONROE : JM did a little better than I thought by finishing second as I thought Kg was a little better but they were not! They have a decent bunch coming back next year and should beat George Wythe and go pretty far as their region is not that strong. They will need to pass a little more than the regular season as they advance on they will play better defenses that I predict will stack the box and force them to throw. As I predicted they got a lot better as the season went on but what more can you expect from a veteran coaching staff lead by Serbay.
# 3 COURTLAND 5 @ 5 : The Cougars became much better as the season went on but they stumped their toes at JM but they was missing their QB and three other starters for disciplinary reasons. Great job by coach Hall Playing 500 ball replacing almost his entire team due to graduation. IT'S a shame they are in the wrong division as they will play Dinwiddie Friday and be destroyed as the Generals have destroyed every opponent they have played and will probably win the state again. But who knows stranger things have happened.
# 4 KING GEORGE 6 @ 4: The Foxes had a good season but I figured they would be the second best team in the district. Still a good year but faded as they played the tougher district teams! Their defense wasn't as good as I thought as the final three games against better district teams they got torched. They needed one more good back to go with Alley to make their offense better. IT will also be a tough go for my good friend coach Smith as they play at Eastern View and have a early exit.
# 5 CAROLINE 2 @ 8.: This is the type of season I figured the Cavaliers would have. They will get a little better next year as Coach Yeates will start getting more talent out as they believe In his program. A one county school that has lots of talent walking the halls and I believe he will get them out.
# 6 SPOTSYLVANIA 1 @ 9 : With no speed or size and very little talent I still thought they would win 2 games on their schedule. Hope a coaching change is not in the making as coach Johnson really was a victim of circumstances with what he was handed! Hope I live long enough to see my boys from post oak be what they were under coach Tim Coleman 15 years ago! Been a long dry spell for Spotsy! Lets hope in the next couple years a turn around will come.
There we go and where did the season go. Wish the 4 District teams well as you head to the playoffs. Now for my next years rankings and returning starters with my long range predictions on the line.
# 1 EASTERN VIEW: `With this years excellent team returning 5 starters on offense including RB Montrez Orange and 6 on defense I feel they will be at the top next year. That is a good program out there with always a good JV feeder program. Welcome EV Cyclones next season to the Battlefield District!
# 2 JM : With 7 back on offense with most the skill people QB Zack Davis great running attack with A J Johnson and Divyne Ford and 7 back on defense this young jacket team will give EV a run for the money!
# 3 KING GEORGE :The Foxes return 4 on offense with QB Deon Williams and backs Cameran Schaub and Ashton Howard they will be a team to watch next year! Plenty of JV talent as they was the JV champs this year! They have 4 returners back on a average defense.
# 4 Courtland : This was also a young team this year and will have 7 back on offense and the entire offensive line and back Zin White,Kamron Jones and DJ Jones This will be a stronger team but they need a big FB in their famous wing t. They return 7 on a good defense that kept the team in games all season. IF this team finds a QB and big bruising FB they will be a team to watch in 2017.
# 5 CHANCELLOR: This team will have a season like Courtland better as the season goes on! They return 3 on offense with Lovell Armstead and Damonte Pratt leading the way but when you lose a Qb like Jason Brown and the rest of that D1 talent where do you go? They lose everything on defense but two DB 's so rebuilding is a must for the chargers!
# 6 CAROLINE: They return 6 on offense and 6 on defense but how good was the talent to start with? Their talent was a little better than Spotsy but like Spotsy if the talent you return is only average to poor how much better can you be against EV JM and the better teams in the district? Thats ok I believe Caroline is on the up swing and can win 3 games next year if they get rid of that tough schedule they had the last couple years.
# 7 SPOTSY: Wish I had a better outlook for Spotsy but with a weak JV team I cant see much help on the way but their feeder school Post Oak middle school had some talent. they return 6 on offense and 7 on defense but like I say they had hardly any talent speed or size so just because they return how much better can they be? We shall see as I only hope for the best for Spotsy!
There you go my final rankings and a sneak peek on next season that will be here before you know it! EV will be a asset to the district next year and make it even stronger! See you at the playoffs.

Last edited:
You re correct about EV returning 6 on defense but if your counting Orange on offense then its 8. Only seniors they have on offense is QB, and both tackles.

You re correct about EV returning 6 on defense but if your counting Orange on offense then its 8. Only seniors they have on offense is QB, and both tackles.
You're forgetting RB/DB Pollard...big loss on both sides next year

The regular season ended Friday night and now for 4 teams its playoff time! The teams pretty much ended like I thought the district would rank. Really wasn't any huge surprises. The jackets got better like I thought but if someone would have told me they would be a team that threw the ball only about 10% of the time I would have thought you was nuts. I thought the foxes was a little better then they was as they played well at the beginning of the season but as they played the better teams they faded! They are still a good team but like Courtland the season will end Friday night. Chancellor by far was the best team in the district loaded with talent and D1 at that. They should not have lost but maybe the Eastern View game at the most. One of the most talented teams in the state so now show it as they enter the playoffs. Courtland played well and JC done a great job with the talent they had playing 500 ball. Caroline has the coach they need but need a few more bricks to have a full load. Spotsy was awful and there is rumblings out there that the coach may not be there next season. I sure hope not as Johnson has nothing to work with and another coaching change will leave the knights like Caroline a team without a country. HE needs to stay next season and with no improvement next season than that situation needs to be looked at seriously! It will be a little different battlefield next year with Eastern View coming in the district making it much stronger. So here is the final rankings playoff outlook, next years early lookout with returning starters on offense and defense and a early look at how they will rank next season.
# 1 CHANCELLOR 8 @ 2: Great season for the chargers as the play Powhatan Friday night. will be a tough game but if they play chancellor football should beat Powhatan. a veteran team that anything but a semi or final state finish will be a disappointment.
# 2 JAMES MONROE : JM did a little better than I thought by finishing second as I thought Kg was a little better but they were not! They have a decent bunch coming back next year and should beat Warhill and go pretty far as their region is not that strong. They will need to pass a little more than the regular season as they advance on they will play better defenses that I predict will stack the box and force them to throw. As I predicted they got a lot better as the season went on but what more can you expect from a veteran coaching staff lead by Serbay.
# 3 COURTLAND 5 @ 5 : The Cougars became much better as the season went on but they stumped their toes at JM but they was missing their QB and three other starters for disciplinary reasons. Great job by coach Hall Playing 500 ball replacing almost his entire team due to graduation. IT'S a shame they are in the wrong division as they will play Dinwiddie Friday and be destroyed as the Generals have destroyed every opponent they have played and will probably win the state again. But who knows stranger things have happened.
# 4 KING GEORGE 6 @ 4: The Foxes had a good season but I figured they would be the second best team in the district. Still a good year but faded as they played the tougher district teams! Their defense wasn't as good as I thought as the final three games against better district teams they got torched. They needed one more good back to go with Alley to make their offense better. IT will also be a tough go for my good friend coach Smith as they play at Eastern View and have a early exit.
# 5 CAROLINE 2 @ 8.: This is the type of season I figured the Cavaliers would have. They will get a little better next year as Coach Yeates will start getting more talent out as they believe In his program. A one county school that has lots of talent walking the halls and I believe he will get them out.
# 6 SPOTSYLVANIA 1 @ 9 : With no speed or size and very little talent I still thought they would win 2 games on their schedule. Hope a coaching change is not in the making as coach Johnson really was a victim of circumstances with what he was handed! Hope I live long enough to see my boys from post oak be what they were under coach Tim Coleman 15 years ago! Been a long dry spell for Spotsy! Lets hope in the next couple years a turn around will come.
There we go and where did the season go. Wish the 4 District teams well as you head to the playoffs. Now for my next years rankings and returning starters with my long range predictions on the line.
# 1 EASTERN VIEW: `With this years excellent team returning 5 starters on offense including RB Montrez Orange and 6 on defense I feel they will be at the top next year. That is a good program out there with always a good JV feeder program. Welcome EV Cyclones next season to the Battlefield District!
# 2 JM : With 7 back on offense with most the skill people QB Zack Davis great running attack with A J Johnson and Divyne Ford and 7 back on defense this young jacket team will give EV a run for the money!
# 3 KING GEORGE :The Foxes return 4 on offense with QB Deon Williams and backs Cameran Schaub and Ashton Howard they will be a team to watch next year! Plenty of JV talent as they was the JV champs this year! They have 4 returners back on a average defense.
# 4 Courtland : This was also a young team this year and will have 7 back on offense and the entire offensive line and back Zin White,Kamron Jones and DJ Jones This will be a stronger team but they need a big FB in their famous wing t. They return 7 on a good defense that kept the team in games all season. IF this team finds a QB and big bruising FB they will be a team to watch in 2017.
# 5 CHANCELLOR: This team will have a season like Courtland better as the season goes on! They return 3 on offense with Lovell Armstead and Damonte Pratt leading the way but when you lose a Qb like Jason Brown and the rest of that D1 talent where do you go? They lose everything on defense but two DB 's so rebuilding is a must for the chargers!
# 6 CAROLINE: They return 6 on offense and 6 on defense but how good was the talent to start with? Their talent was a little better than Spotsy but like Spotsy if the talent you return is only average to poor how much better can you be against EV JM and the better teams in the district? Thats ok I believe Caroline is on the up swing and can win 3 games next year if they get rid of that tough schedule they had the last couple years.
# 7 SPOTSY: Wish I had a better outlook for Spotsy but with a weak JV team I cant see much help on the way but their feeder school Post Oak middle school had some talent. they return 6 on offense and 7 on defense but like I say they had hardly any talent speed or size so just because they return how much better can they be? We shall see as I only hope for the best for Spotsy!
There you go my final rankings and a sneak peek on next season that will be here before you know it! EV will be a asset to the district next year and make it even stronger! See you at the playoffs.
Deon Williams and Aston Howard are both seniors this year.

Kamron TAYLOR is the kids name from Courtland and Chancellor won the JV Championship. You must work for the FLS.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT