12. Clint Peregoy DB graduated this year from Emory and Henry D3

13. Jordan Daniels RB rising JR Emory and Henry D3

14. Jaylin Daniels DB rising Soph Emory and Henry D3

This post was edited on 1/28 9:22 PM by mike salem

Clint Peregory- DB graduated this year from Emory & Henry

Jordan Daniels-RB for Emory & Henry

Jaylyn Daniels-DB for Emory & Henry

This post was edited on 1/28 3:37 PM by salemfan32

Wow if I counted right that's 14 that were on teams this year. Adding at least 6 more this fall minus the few that graduate from college this year. There should be at least 17 on teams this fall. (not counting the ones that will play D3 from this year's team, someone posted Christopher Newport has shown interest in Armand Goins DT & Davonta Womack WR/RB )

This post was edited on 1/28 9:36 PM by mike salem

WOW!!!

Do I remember correctly? Didn't one of the Barnett's lose this season to an injury?

You're right I forgot he moved again from Atlanta sports Academy 2 years ago, to West Liberty last year, and now Norfolk St. He's a Spartan again!
This post was edited on 1/28 8:48 PM by mike salem

Everyone forgot Mick Edwards who is a junior starter for Christopher Newport and Devonte Payne soph at Emory Henry

I put Devante Payne on my edited list, but I did forget Mic Edwards, I'll add him.

This post was edited on 1/28 9:25 PM by mike salem

My dad graduated from U of R. So I have a special attachment to it. I'm looking forward to seeing what Alex does.

With Salem having that many players playing college ball, Salem High School needs to add four more years and become their own college.

Roanoke College should add football so the kids that want to play D3 could stay here and I could watch them for 4 more years.

Or they could play for Mount Union or Wisconsin Whitewater so I could watch them in the Stagg Bowl for 4 more years since they're always the 2 teams playing in it. It's the week after the state championship game
This post was edited on 1/28 7:50 PM by mike salem

The Stagg Bowl. That's the answer. Because if for some reason we can't make the game, ESPN covers it. There's the answer. Ok Mike, make it happen.

These 2 teams are so good they have the NFL's attention. Pierre Garcon WR of the Redskins played at Mount Union. Cecil Shorts WR of the Jaguars played for Mount Union as well. Wisconsin Whitewater has a 6'5" WR named Jake Kumerow that has NFL teams looking.

I watched most of the Stagg Bowl on TV this year. I plan to travel to Salem and see it live next year. I love that type of football.

So, if we say "accepted or likely to go to college for the first time this year to play football", plus any Salem football player that will play college football this fall, at any level, how many kids do you guys think there will be? And include anyone that may be redshirted or grey shirted, or even without an athletic scholarship this coming school year.

Looks like at least 20, 11 were on teams this year that will be back next year + 4 to VMI, 1 or 2 to VT depending on Hoyt's decision, 1 to Charleston Southern and 2 getting interest from D3 schools. We'll know more on signing day and in the coming months with any additional players that may play D3.
This post was edited on 1/31 1:00 AM by mike salem

You also have kicker Kyle Reighard, who is receiving money to go and kick at charleston southern next year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT