ADVERTISEMENT

Freedom vs Dematha

SFUWO

VaPreps Honorable Mention
Dec 9, 2006
Dematha 14-13
Dematha has scored on 2 blocked punts and Freedom missed an extra point.
Game stopped in 2nd and will be played today at 1pm

Dematha 14-13
Dematha has scored on 2 blocked punts and Freedom missed an extra point.
Game stopped in 2nd and will be played today at 1pm
Is anybody going to blog this game?

Freedom 21-14. Game is in another delay for lightning 1:44 left in 2nd

Reactions: HooSprings
Outside of 2 blocked punts for TD's. It appears Freedom has controlled this game

Reactions: cavaliers91
Dematha twitter is saying the game has been "formally cancelled". Not sure if that means the game was called with the score where it was (21-14 Freedom last I heard) or they abandoned the game.

Dematha twitter is saying the game has been "formally cancelled". Not sure if that means the game was called with the score where it was (21-14 Freedom last I heard) or they abandoned the game.
InsideNova twitter says the coaches agreed to a no contest.

Tough break for the people who took Freedom in the pick 'em!

Dematha is not as good as people make them out to be. They are an average (not elite) football team at best.

How many teams in VA beating them though? Freedom, maybe Maury or Dinwiddie.
I will respond in an historical context. I don't know how long you have been watching VA football. So let's go back to 2013. If Dematha played Dinwiddie in 2013 they would not have just been beaten, they would be demolished 42-0 or worse by halftime. The Stags played 2013 Phoebus even. Phoebus lost in the 2nd round in 2013. When I covered the Stags during 2 seasons (15 & 16) I never believed them to be worth a top 25 national ranking. They fell flat during a 2015 nationally televised game. They were not that good. They are not an elite national level team. That is a myth. As I stated in a post earlier this year, Freedom playing them is a complete waste of time for Freedom and now the game counts for nothing. I don't like being right all the time. 😃 Freedom has already faced better competition in the Varina Blue Devils. If I am wrong prove it. Freedom should make sure the staff of Dematha is not recruiting their players or they will really lose.

DeMatha: an average-at-best team

Me, looking at Virginia HS football: uh...
My friend, Dematha played an average. Virginia football team in 2013 and had an average performance. Phoebus made it to the playoffs in 2013 and were promptly shut down by King's Fork in round 2, who then lost the following week. We cannot make Dematha great in the comments section of the virginiapreps.com message board. If they were who people believe them to be they have had two games in 10 years that say they are average at best. Prove me wrong. I have game footage of them being average.

I did find some footage of the game on youtube. It's defiantly obvious that Feedom is not use to punting the ball. Punter taking too long to kick the ball.

Reactions: cavaliers91
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT