ADVERTISEMENT

GALAX 3000 YARD CLUB

MT FAN 91

VaPreps Honorable Mention
Oct 19, 2013
Galax has had 3 different backs rush for over 3000 yards for 3 straight years, that's a heck of accomplishment to go along with this year's state title. Steven Peoples now at Va Tech, Joseph Dixon who is attending Liberty and from my understanding will walk on next year and this year's state championship teams tailback Charles Harris. I'm sure all will tell you they couldn't have accomplished this with out their o line. Galax is a running team and it all starts up front and they have had some great backs to go along with their o lineman. I would like to congratulate all 3 backs for this tremendous accomplishment and the great lineman who paved the way for them. And congratulations Maroon Tide on the state championship

When I read in some paper that the Galax linemen get to school at 5:30 every morning to lift weights and watch film I was really impressed. Complete dedication on those guys part and it showed today. Congrats to Galax on a great game plan and your first football state title.

When I read in some paper that the Galax linemen get to school at 5:30 every morning to lift weights and watch film I was really impressed. Complete dedication on those guys part and it showed today. Congrats to Galax on a great game plan and your first football state title.
With that type of work ethic, this may be the first of many state titles for the football team

Reactions: maroons1
Coach "D" said in another article that his line players where like a college line. They could adjust on anything throwed at them. I think all that film helped also all that muscle moving people around didn't hurt either.

Just reading comments in the paper, there are some great leaders on that line. Surely role model young men who will be successful far beyond the football field.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT