ADVERTISEMENT

Galax-69 Bland- 6 FINAL

Haha wanna know something funny? Rfannon the new guy that covers far swva for va preps actually picked bland to win this game! Haha and also said these two matched up well on paper! Think he may need to do his homework just a little bit better eh?

GALAX 69- Bland 6 final....yeah I'm not sure what made him think they matched up well. Still been a good season for Bland.

Sorry for the stop in updates my phone died. And don't get me wrong I'm one of the people who want to see the kids from Bland do well as many on here do. But they are in no way a match for Galax not even before there QB and LB got hurt Galax is a different beast from everyone else Bland has seen this season. And at 69-6 this coach Dixon was being nice this game could've been so much worse. Like I said in my other post Bland has a QB coming for the next 3 year but my question is what does he have to help him after the other good players they have are gone?

And Galax is looking better and better they are coming along just when the rest of us don't need them to lol Coach Dixon has all the pieces he needs to send a few really good teams home next month.

As for what does bland have coming with the qb, they have a talented freshman rb who has been starting at safety the past few weeks and a freshman te that has been starting at de the last few games. I think the experience will be good going forward. Their eight grade team was undefeated last year so there are some pieces. The weight room is the key in their future development

Looks like when the Freshman QB is a Jr or Sr Bland should be loaded for Bear so to speak haha. Cause that kid is good!

Watched hudl film on the Galax Bland game. Coaching killed Bland. They never punted even on 4th and 15 from their own 20. Even when something worked they didnt do it twice. Short field given is one reason why Harris had alot of scores and seemingly low yardage. Agreed Dixon is the only reason Galax is that good. He has all week to watch film and knows how to break it down.

Did you happen to see the first punt? No one attempt to tackle the Harris kid. This is not the same bland team that played Grayson in the first half. The snapper and punter are both out as well as two coverage guys that I know of. And I don't think Dixon is the only reason galax is good. You'd be hard pressed to find a team that has had a string of backs as good as they have. The two Peoples, Dixon, and now Harris. But he does a great job. Hopefully you guys can pull the upset, bland could use the points.

Still why just give them easy yards? Harris doesn't like contact. The line isn't that big but it is very good at what it does. Why? Because of Dixon. That's why they run the ball. The qb doesn't throw down the field. Just short swing passes. It all comes down to coaching ability and getting kids to learn what you them to learn. I think Bland would have been more competitive with better play calling. That's just my assessment of the game.

Harris doesn't like contact? How many games have you been to and watched him? You might ask some of the kids he has run over this year how much he doesn't like contact.

Guess we will see this week if he doesn't like contact. Grayson might shut him down but I've got a feeling they will know he was there.

Reactions: Jdphil2
Not thinking they will either but hoping for a good showing at least. Coaching will be key in this one. It always is.

Reactions: MT FAN 91
Still why just give them easy yards? Harris doesn't like contact. The line isn't that big but it is very good at what it does. Why? Because of Dixon. That's why they run the ball. The qb doesn't throw down the field. Just short swing passes. It all comes down to coaching ability and getting kids to learn what you them to learn. I think Bland would have been more competitive with better play calling. That's just my assessment of the game.

Yes Galax has no talent.....right.....last 4 tailbacks D. People,S.People,J. Dixon and C. Harris.....Im sure at 210 pounds Harris is really worried about contact.......Galax has as much talent as anyone in SWVA Div ranks. name me a Div 1 team in SWVA with a Div 1 RB? (Peoples). Spurlin not too bad either.....state champ wrestler , maybe best all-around player in area.

Not thinking they will either but hoping for a good showing at least. Coaching will be key in this one. It always is.
Galax beats Grayson by 3 tds....coach dixon knows his strengths....they may have to throw a little to get Grayson out of the box n keep em honest....but they can dominate the line and Harris will pound it...

Reactions: MT FAN 91
Did anyone say Galax had no talent? Uh no but he knows how to work what they have. And as for throwing all they throw is swing passes to the rbs. Just like when peoples was there and Dixon too. Just like last year 7-0 at the half. Dixon made his adjustments and 35 points later the game was over. Just hope its a clean game.

Harris will put up another 250+ game on Grayson and like ghs89 said they win by at least 3TDs. Galax will be one of the biggest threats in 1A West come playoff time with GW and Radford. All 3 teams can take the top off if they need to and all 3 have 2 backs that can score every time they touch it.

Haha wanna know something funny? Rfannon the new guy that covers far swva for va preps actually picked bland to win this game! Haha and also said these two matched up well on paper! Think he may need to do his homework just a little bit better eh?

Dropped his weekly record all the way down to 14-3.

Clearly, we have a crisis on our hands.

Sameen-s-classic-eye-roll-and-head-shake-trademark-whenever-Root-is-around-root-and-shaw-38732661-245-300.gif

Idc what his record was he sounded like he was clueless on that one! And I think everyone in swva would agree

Idc what his record was he sounded like he was clueless on that one! And I think everyone in swva would agree

That's fine.

After so many years of not having any decent coverage of SWVA, I'll cut a guy a break when he's just three months into the gig and give him an opportunity to grow into a better and more knowledgeable writer for his part-time hobby.

I'm a reasonable person, though.

Swva is more overlooked than any other part of the state. We have talent a couple schools in the Mtn Empire have put good players in big D1 schools. Some young and coming stars are on the rise also. Glad of it too. Like the people out of district having unbiased opinions too. Thanks to all.

Swva is more overlooked than any other part of the state. We have talent a couple schools in the Mtn Empire have put good players in big D1 schools. Some young and coming stars are on the rise also. Glad of it too. Like the people out of district having unbiased opinions too. Thanks to all.

A situation that we have looked to correct by putting in a lot of effort this season producing three articles per week, exactly like every other area in the state, something that we've never done before.

Then again, we did incorrectly predict a game.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT