ADVERTISEMENT

Galax at Grayson

If I'm not mistaken at least one close to my age was involved as well and Lord knows I'm know spring chicken...😂
All we saw were a bunch of pups posturing, happy the police were in the middle so they wouldn’t actually have to do anything.

All we saw were a bunch of pups posturing, happy the police were in the middle so they wouldn’t actually have to do anything.
One guy standing with the law huffing and a puffing looking like he had been a a scuffle graduated from Grayson within a year or two of me so I just assumed he was one of those involved.

One guy standing with the law huffing and a puffing looking like he had been a a scuffle graduated from Grayson within a year or two of me so I just assumed he was one of those involved.
Then he probably went to school with me. I graduated from GC in ‘92.

I know who you're talking about now. His wife was involved also, apparently. Any immature drama happening in Grayson County always seems to revolve around that family somehow. Sad when the adults are the ones that need a babysitter at high school sporting events. The Food City manager was giving the Independence Police Chief the business when we left. I bet tailgating in Food City parking lot won't be permitted in 2024.

Reactions: MT FAN 91
Congrats to Galax on the W. I missed on Grayson more than any team all year. Had them winning C and also beating Honaker to play for state title.

@Fairlawncat Grayson did not play well in a game you can ill afford to not be playing good. IMO Honaker is similar to them in ways and may struggle against a better ball control team that scores most every possession. I will go farther and say I honestly think either Region C team could potentially beat Honaker IF they get past Rye Cove. There are very few slam dunks this year in Class 1 or 2. The ones I would say are 90%+ are Essex over Northumberland, Radford over Glenvar, and Poquoson over Amelia. I would be shocked if any of those teams lost. The rest better strap in and come to play or basketball season begins in earnest.

@Fairlawncat Grayson did not play well in a game you can ill afford to not be playing good. IMO Honaker is similar to them in ways and may struggle against a better ball control team that scores most every possession. I will go farther and say I honestly think either Region C team could potentially beat Honaker IF they get past Rye Cove. There are very few slam dunks this year in Class 1 or 2. The ones I would say are 90%+ are Essex over Northumberland, Radford over Glenvar, and Poquoson over Amelia. I would be shocked if any of those teams lost. The rest better strap in and come to play or basketball season begins in earnest.
Agree with every bit of that. George Wythe is playing very, very well and has really put their foot on the gas. Galax is Galax and always a problem. I think one of these two could give Honaker problems because of the run games, possession/physical type football/coaching on the field is really good for both/and the experience and history of winning and deep playoff runs and even titles for both Galax and GW. All of these things gives them a chance against Honaker, not a definite win or anything like that, but a chance.

Sure winners of the 8 total games in Class 1 and 2 this weekend are the same in my opinion minus Radford. Poquoson and Essex, the two in the East/Region A are locks in my opinion. I would like to put Radford as a lock, but just being up close and personal with Glenvar over the years, it still scares me.

I agree except that first game wasn't close. Its ok to be confident in your team when looking at these matchups knowing they have a really good chance to hoist that trophy in Salem. Now Glenvar is a quality team no doubt but most teams dont make up that much ground over the course of a season. Radford is legit and will be favored in any game this year and rightfully so. If they are overconfident or take this game lightly then it could turn into a fist fight, but I personally do not see that based on the little bit of video I have watched of both.

I'm happy to have been wrong about the outcome of this game. I just didn't see how Galax could get physically dominated at the point of contact and turn that on its head two weeks later. But they did.

With that said, one thing I came away from Friday night with, experience this time of year matters. Grayson looked unprepared and extremely nervous. The first possession, Grayson fumbled twice and the punter dropped tha snap. Sure sign of nerves. The second possession wasn't much better. Grayson threw an interception on the first play of the possession that wasn't within 15 yards of a receiver.

Galax looked like they weren't intimidated by the moment or the stage. Grayson was and it showed.

Given GW and Galax have the most experience of anyone in the west, does this play a role over the next two weeks? We'll see.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT