ADVERTISEMENT

GALAX @ FORT CHISWELL

If Sos has any bearing on seeding the top 4 in the west currently have...
GW-50.9
Galax-48.7
PH-14
Hurley-8.6
According to VHSL. And I might be wrong but doesn't in district wins and losses have more of an effect on points rather than out of district?

Just to clarify for you G Master, the VHSL membership voted to remove the premium for playing district opponents. All opponents are treated to one standard now.

By the way guys, this has been a great thread to follow.

Reactions: G MASTER BLASTER W
GKKING, not sure what schedule you are looking at but Riverheads doesn't play Craig or Bath this year. We play 3-1A, 6-2A, and 1-3A. Our out of district was RE Lee, Covington, and Waynesboro, a 1,2, and a 3. To a certain degree you can't control who is in your district to play but our district is heavily 2A.
What's funny about that is 1A Covington gave the Gladiators the most trouble of the three. Lee was a freaking mess, and I swear Waynesboro must have sent their 8th grade team. I'm a closet Riverheads fan because they are so eerily similar to Giles. One of these days I'll add them to my avatar.

PM doesnt have the SOS to go too much further up even if they win out.. unless the higher ranked teams start losing. We're going to have four teams on our schedule go 0-10 this year unfortunately.
Do you think PM should start scheduling Buffalo Gap, Riverheads, or Stuarts Draft? A win against any of those teams would surely help with the ratings. Heck, a loss might even be better. I seriously think Gap should drop their game with Bath and schedule PM instead.

Narrows has been over looked in a lot these threads. They should be undefeated, if it weren't for a close lose to Giles. Fort will have their hands full with this bunch on Friday.
I'm glad you are taking them seriously, but I'm not sure Narz is going to fare well in the meat of the MED schedule. Galax and Graham are really good and now they need to be worried about your Pioneers too. The only game remaining that I feel confident Narz will win will be against Grayson. The MED has become a power conference. No wonder GW and Rural Retreat are ready to abandon the Hogo.

Reactions: G MASTER BLASTER W
PM dropped Riverheads a few years ago .They will not play us ! Nelson , James River ,Bath , and now Waynesboro and Covington have run from the Red Team. We pick up Bath and Central next year as RE Lee joins the Shenandoah . 2A the next 4 years is what I was told !

PM does play Gap we lost to them this year. And as for Riverheads I think we should play them that game would help us either way win or lose and it's only 30 minutes up the road.

PM dropped Riverheads a few years ago .They will not play us ! Nelson , James River ,Bath , and now Waynesboro and Covington have run from the Red Team. We pick up Bath and Central next year as RE Lee joins the Shenandoah . 2A the next 4 years is what I was told !

We played you guys for a lot of years. MUCH longer than any of the other schools you mention. And during the toughest stretch of football in our schools history.

Last edited:
Do you think PM should start scheduling Buffalo Gap, Riverheads, or Stuarts Draft? A win against any of those teams would surely help with the ratings. Heck, a loss might even be better. I seriously think Gap should drop their game with Bath and schedule PM instead.

We just need Rockbridge to play better. I wish we had kept Greenbrier East on our schedule as well. That turned out to be a very fun pick up with high scoring affairs in both games!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT