ADVERTISEMENT

Galax-narrows

This will be the 80th meeting between these two long time rivals. The Green Wave owns the series 40-35-4 and gets to play at home. It should be a good one.

This will be the 80th meeting between these two long time rivals. The Green Wave owns the series 40-35-4 and gets to play at home. It should be a good one.
It will be 40-36-2 after Saturday. Who has Narz played. NO ONE!!!! They will know what it’s like to play a real team, that plays real football. How long has it been? Narz still in and Giles isn’t? I guess we know where them Spartans will be next Saturday. The only real game in 1A football this year will be in Salem. I hope 1A can have a more competitive year next season.

Last edited:
Reactions: MT2023
I wouldn't get too high on Galax just yet. They have proven more than once this year that at times they can be down right disgusting (OK, that may be an overstatement...let's say inconsistent). That said, Narrows had better find some offense before Saturday...they sure didn't have much last night.

This is the

This is the Eight meeting between Galax and Narrows since Dixon has been head coach in which Galax is 8-0 They played twice in 2016. The series box score is 417 - 61 points in Galax favor. These two teams match up well as the similar in size and speed. Narrows has a couple of advantages with home Field and Galax still figuring things out after losing People's.

This is the

This is the Eight meeting between Galax and Narrows since Dixon has been head coach in which Galax is 8-0 They played twice in 2016. The series box score is 417 - 61 points in Galax favor. These two teams match up well as the similar in size and speed. Narrows has a couple of advantages with home Field and Galax still figuring things out after losing People's.
I think last nights victory was a huge confidence builder for Galax in the fact that they now know they can compete and win even without their best player. They were a little shaky in the beginning and had to fight through adversity but as the game progressed you could see and sense their confidence building.

I think last nights victory was a huge confidence builder for Galax in the fact that they now know they can compete and win even without their best player. They were a little shaky in the beginning and had to fight through adversity but as the game progressed you could see and sense their confidence building.
And team leader

It will be 40-36-2 after Saturday. Who has Narz played. NO ONE!!!! They will know what it’s like to play a real team, that plays real football. How long has it been? Narz still in and Giles isn’t? I guess we know where them Spartans will be next Saturday. The only real game in 1A football this year will be in Salem. I hope 1A can have a more competitive year next season.
There's gonna be a pretty good game in Tappahannock next week.

This Giles fan won't be in narrows next Saturday I can guarantee you that

Real team? Didn't you say they have beaten nobody? Well you were right about that at least
They have the AD of year over there in Narz!! They played the system and won. I’ll buy you a ticket if you go support Narz. If it were GW and FC wasn’t playing, I’d be up there watching. I may be hoping for them to get beat but at least I’d be there.

If Giles isn't a real team, what is FC??

Some good games across the board this week. Cool too have region championship games back

Reactions: obguthr
If Giles isn't a real team, what is FC??

Some good games across the board this week. Cool too have region championship games back
And you are?? This is just some old buddies from way back talking smack. Then you bring your popcorn and chime in.

This will be a very good game. Turnovers may factor in the outcome. To the Green Wave fans our Maroon tide will be represented well

It's only fair that our teams meet again. Galax is the most played opponent in school history (79 meetings, Narrows leading the series 40-35-4) by 20+ games with George Wythe and Giles tied for 2nd at 57 meetings each. Best of luck and safe travels to ya.

It's only fair that our teams meet again. Galax is the most played opponent in school history (79 meetings, Narrows leading the series 40-35-4) by 20+ games with George Wythe and Giles tied for 2nd at 57 meetings each. Best of luck and safe travels to ya.

I know we've played a lot over the years but wasn't aware of the actual numbers. Pretty awesome.

It would have been nice to played Friday night. ROLL TIDE!!!!
It would have been nice to played Friday night. ROLL TIDE!!!!
I'm glad they're playing Saturday, that way I can watch Va Tech and UVA play without recording it and I'd rather drive to Narrows during the day light than at night. And whoever wins will have to play on Sat from here on out so they might as well get used to it.

weather is going to be good. This will be one of the better games of the year. I hope everyone stays healthy and it's a good clean game.

Roll tide !!!!!!

Agree 100%....ROLL TIDE!

So sick of seeing giles fans rooting for the green wave...you can bet you tail they wouldn't and never have rooted for us to win anything
I could be wrong but I think times have changed. Sure they want to beat us whenever they play as we do them but many of the kids are friends outside of school.

I could be wrong but I think times have changed. Sure they want to beat us whenever they play as we do them but many of the kids are friends outside of school.

Not talking about the kids...they have pretty much always been friends outside of school

IMO. if no turnovers today the team that can get to 20 wins
Galax will win by 20. Narrows can’t stop a good running game. Narz played one good team in Giles and lost 30-0. I see the same thing happening here. Good luck to both teams and I hope no one gets hurt!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT