ADVERTISEMENT

Gate city vs Radford Game

You don’t think it needed to be at Tech, but did you get locked out because there weren’t enough seats? Because I did. It sucks to drive out there and not make it in because they played in a gym they knew ahead of time wouldn’t hold everyone.

Also, if it was Mavahi vs. GC at VT, there won’t be any VT students there. Our spring break started today. Blacksburg is s ghost town.

I absolutely do not think the game should have been at Tech. As for spring break, didnt know that, but doesnt matter, you still get 6K for GC and Mville if Mville wins. Now, as for the 1000 that didnt get in, I learned a long time ago about why I vote a certain way. Life isn't always fair my friend. I have been in the receiving end of unfairness and fairness. I learned this early on, you can never please everyone and when we attempt to do so, we often do more damage. See the recent healthcare act a few years ago.
Again, the atmosphere at Tech would have been crap, and I place more weight on the atmosphere than the folks that didnt get in, AND the folks that did. My point is.......try to make it fair and best for all WITHIN reason. So, make sure you can fill a place up that holds the most amount of people that can watch it, without having 4000 empty seats. Life isnt always fair, but there are things we can do to make it fair. One of those is THINK. You and I know Mac is drawing a crowd and Dedmond aint huge, so like the 3500 or so that got in, they left early. Sometimes in life to enjoy or a get a benefit, you have to Work hard to get that. You see, you arent Entitled to have the luxury to leave when you wish and or put the amount of work in that you see fit to get that benefit.

To get a benefit, the amount of work required to get that benefit isn't always decided by You or Your perception of the amount of work should be. Its often decided by your environment. In summary......leave earlier next time or watch Lee like I did, lol, and stream the game online. Now, what do we say to the likely 25,000 Duke fans that aren't getting in to Cameron tonight. Do we "make it fair" by Duke building a new arena? The answer is no. We accept the fact that life isn't always fair, but we will have times in life when WE benefit from the unfairness, and when we are shortchanged.

Last edited:
Reactions: AntGZee
I absolutely do not think the game should have been at Tech. As for spring break, didnt know that, but doesnt matter, you still get 6K for GC and Mville if Mville wins. Now, as for the 1000 that didnt get in, I learned a long time ago about why I vote a certain way. Life isn't always fair my friend. I have been in the receiving end of unfairness and fairness. I learned this early on, you can never please everyone and when we attempt to do so, we often do more damage. See the recent healthcare act a few years ago.
Again, the atmosphere at Tech would have been crap, and I place more weight on the atmosphere than the folks that didnt get in, AND the folks that did. My point is.......try to make it fair and best for all WITHIN reason. So, make sure you can fill a place up that holds the most amount of people thst can watch it, without having 4000 empty seats. Life isnt always fair, but there are things we can do to make it fair. One of those is THINK. You and I know Mac is drawing a crowd and Desmond aint huge, so like the 3500 or so that got in, they left early. Sometimes in life to enjoy or a get a benefit, you have to Work hard to get that. You see, you arent Entitled to have the luxury to leave when you wish and or put the amount of work in that you see fit to get that benefit. In summary......leave earlier next time.

Thank you for that life lesson. Too bad it doesn’t really apply here. You see, you're all about working to get a benefit. Well, that’s exactly what I was doing. I left one of my 3 jobs and drove straight there. So, no, I don’t feel “entitled.” I feel that it’s not smart — but this is the VHSL we’re talking about, so par for the course — to hold a game where you know well ahead of time that the building you’ve picked cannot hold everyone who would enjoy taking in the game and paying you more money. The VHSL is a business, and they likely lost $10,000 or more by choosing to hold it at Radford. It is what it is. I still listened and attempted to watch on that terrible stream. But don’t sit there and call me entitled and tell me I need to work for things when you know nothing about me.

Ryan, you are welcome for the life lesson. I should charge you 50 bucks for it, but I feel quite sure you feel it should be free, lol. Ryan, you've been in situations in your life where YOU benefited and others were Shortchanged. There are times when its opposite of that. This was one of those, and yes, its Very Applicable here regardless of whether your generational narcissism doesn't allow you to see it. Dude, count your blessings. Bottom line is this, you and I disagree on where the game should have been played and you gave your reasons and I gave mine. Why dont we just let it be that...we disagree.

The VHSL gets the blame all the time, but the VHSL instructed the regions to secure these sites. I have not idea if there is a cost involved, but I would suspect Dedmon was much less expensive than Cassell would have been.

Ryan, you are welcome for the life lesson. I should charge you 50 bucks for it, but I feel quite sure you feel it should be free, lol. Ryan, you've been in situations in your life where YOU benefited and others were Shortchanged. There are times when its opposite of that. This was one of those, and yes, its Very Applicable here regardless of whether your generational narcissism doesn't allow you to see it. Dude, count your blessings. Bottom line is this, you and I disagree on where the game should have been played and you gave your reasons and I gave mine. Why dont we just let it be that...we disagree.

I dont think he replied there to say again where it should have been, it is your extreme disrespect thst you were showing him. He was being sarcastic about the life lesson.

I dont know Ryan, but it doesn't matter. You should feel ashamed to call him entitled and narcissistic because he had an opinion, and know NOTHING about him.

I dont care who wins in basketball, just wanted to read the scores. But you are so wrong in this it is comical. First telling him he should be have left early, and since he didn't he didn't work hard enough. Then call his entire generation narrcasistic, when in the last week or so when I got on here to read scores, you have said so many times how YOU were SO right about Graham. Then asking the same question time after time.

But on to the comical part, you're 1000 who missed being the correct number. Not knowing a thing about the teams or areas, I can still read that each school had presale tickets, and then gate had a certain number available. I also think I remember reading that Radford sold out in like 2 hours. So in my brain, it makes sense that a bigger gym would have made it so thst both schools and gate would have had more to sell. Yes, maybe 1000 were turned away there, but how many didnt go because they KNEW they wouldnt get in.

I also guess that the VT students would only go against MV, not Radford. And I guess since YOU want it at BY that it will be easier for you, and that MV must have 10 times the people coming.

It is amazing to me how you have went from the "I'll never start anything, just finish it", to just acting like a fool with me, and then all the terrible back and forth you have had with the Union people and Ryan. Maybe they have started things before (Maybe not), but Ryan certainly didn't do anything wrong rhis time and you just laid into him for no reason

Game should have been at VT, no questions asked. VHSL has a habit of delegating stuff to regions, some of which would have trouble scheduling a Goat Roping. Every year there are post season games played in Substandard venues, in every sport. VHSL should stop delegating any site selection to regions.

Game should have been at VT, no questions asked. VHSL has a habit of delegating stuff to regions, some of which would have trouble scheduling a Goat Roping. Every year there are post season games played in Substandard venues, in every sport. VHSL should stop delegating any site selection to regions.

But shouldn't the higher seed, who earned home court, at least have some say? Like the VHSL gives them 3-4 options and the higher seed chooses?

Only the title game is neutral site. Rest are top seed gets home court.

It seems to the unbiased reader of this thread, you would be the narcissistic one in the conversation because a young man doesn't agree with your opinion. The only thing you're right about is the fact that you disagree. However, based on your ramblings, you seem to imply Ryan isn't entitled to disagree. Maybe that's why you consider him to be "entitled". Which is the epitome of narcissism!

Pot, meet kettle, kettle, pot!

Reactions: Lvehoops
This top seed host crap is pure cow manure, in my opinion. A post season tournament should be played on a neutral site. In my opinion, no team in the state earns a right to host a playoff game on their home court. Most schools do not have facilities good enough for hosting a tournament. The VHSL should pick all tournament sites beyond district level.( region level and state level).

This top seed host crap is pure cow manure, in my opinion. A post season tournament should be played on a neutral site. In my opinion, no team in the state earns a right to host a playoff game on their home court. Most schools do not have facilities good enough for hosting a tournament. The VHSL should pick all tournament sites beyond district level.( region level and state level).
You gotta reward teams for being successful. So, have a list of 4-5 approved places in each region and the top seed gets to choose.

Pot, meet kettle, kettle, pot![/QUOTE]

Great post. It's one we disagree on, but your opinionated post is noted. Only one thing, after the pot kettle and pot thing, you should have followed with the words "in my opinion.' LOL. I'm sure you stand by your post. I also stand my mine. Life isnt always fair. Leave early next time, and at least take Business or Economics 101 before the emotion fueled brain spouts off the words, "play it at Tech" without a clue as to cost or thought. Like I wrote, why not play at the Dean Dome, Televise it, and let everyone in free.

Great post. It's one we disagree on, but your opinionated post is noted. Only one thing, after the pot kettle and pot thing, you should have followed with the words "in my opinion.' LOL. I'm sure you stand by your post. I also stand my mine. Life isnt always fair. Leave early next time, and at least take Business or Economics 101 before the emotion fueled brain spouts off the words, "play it at Tech" without a clue as to cost or thought. Like I wrote, why not play at the Dean Dome, Televise it, and let everyone in free.

I couldn't care less where the game was played! It wasn't the point of my post. Nor do I care what yours or Ryan's opinions of where the game should have been played are. Accusing someone of being "entitled" and "narcissistic" for having the audacity to have a differing opinion is the definition of entitled and narcissistic.

My grandfather always told me, if you ever find yourself in a hole, stop digging!

Sixcat, time to move on. Your typing an arguing with yourself at this point. The game with GC and Radford is over and done. YOU don't know the context or history based on which my post is made. It goes beyond this thread, and to ASSume YOU know the context is equally narcissistic. And for you to ASSume I'm in a hole? Who says, You? Again, equally narcissistic. Brother, I stand by my post and am telling you for a third time. I'm on the side of the guy laying the dirt over the hole and doing the burying, not the digging. You made your points and I made mine. Time to move on. If you wish to trade barbs, we can. I'm game on, and if you wish to move on, we can. I'm game on for that as well. Very versatile.

Last edited:
Sixcat, time to move on. Your typing an arguing with yourself at this point. The game with GC and Radford is over and done. YOU don't know the context or history based on which my post is made. It goes beyond this thread, and to ASSume YOU know the context is equally narcissistic. And for you to ASSume I'm in a hole? Who says, You? Again, equally narcissistic. Brother, I stand by my post and am telling you for a third time. I'm on the side of the guy laying the dirt over the hole and doing the burying, not the digging. You made your points and I made mine. Time to move on. If you wish to trade barbs, we can. I'm game on, and if you wish to move on, we can. I'm game on for that as well. Very versatile.

I know the history, and it still makes the back and forth just as dumb.

Just because there is history, doesn't mean rehashing it later makes the original aggressor in the fight at fault in present. Each incident is isolated

I’m arguing with myself but you keep altering and editing your post to offer more insult?

I don’t need to assume anything. You’ve said plenty in this thread to allow everyone insight into who you are!

Keep digging!

Gunz, you and Sixcat can try the ole, "moral high ground and unbiased observer" BS. You aren't fooling me. When that same poster made his smart a"" remarks and yes, narcissistic comments when I picked Graham to beat Richland in football, you didn't say a dam# word. Your the same type of people that would say, "your a know it all" after Richland lost when I wrote told you so. The conversation didn't involve you, so why chime in? Aside from whether you agree, I stand by my post. The VHSL DID get it right. It is a bit narcissistic in my opinion (as stated earlier) that because you want to see a game, then you should be able to see it regardless, without considering finances or costs, especially when you already have people feeling the effects of a very limited VHSL budget state wide, and one guy is upset he got turned away at the gate? Please. Grow up and have some balls and count your blessings and one more thing........I'm done being nice to you Gunz. I get it, your upset Still over our exchange over a year ago I tried to be reasonable. Now, I'm done reasoning with you. My turn to take your posts and sparse every word and chime in. You see, I have the ability to do the same to you if you wish to go that route. It's obvious you do, so......we will.

Gunz, you and Sixcat can try the ole, "moral high ground and unbiased observer" BS. You aren't fooling me. When that same poster made his smart a"" remarks and yes, narcissistic comments when I picked Graham to beat Richland in football, you didn't say a dam# word. Your the same type of people that would say, "your a know it all" after Richland lost when I wrote told you so. The conversation didn't involve you, so why chime in? Aside from whether you agree, I stand by my post. The VHSL DID get it right. It is a bit narcissistic in my opinion (as stated earlier) that because you want to see a game, then you should be able to see it regardless, without considering finances or costs, especially when you already have people feeling the effects of a very limited VHSL budget state wide, and one guy is upset he got turned away at the gate? Please. Grow up and have some balls and count your blessings and one more thing........I'm done being nice to you Gunz. I get it, your upset Still over our exchange over a year ago I tried to be reasonable. Now, I'm done reasoning with you. My turn to take your posts and sparse every word and chime in. You see, I have the ability to do the same to you if you wish to go that route. It's obvious you do, so......we will.
*You're

I'm a jerk lolololol

Reactions: Ryan4VT and sixcat
I’m arguing with myself but you keep altering and editing your post to offer more insult?

I don’t need to assume anything. You’ve said plenty in this thread to allow everyone insight into who you are!

Keep digging!

Who I am? I'm your Daddy Luke. You can call me, the burier. LMAO. Brother, I've said plenty for years to allow insight and will continue to. Opinions we all have. I've got mine and will Never let em stop flowing. That's the beauty of speech and discussion and I repeat, you shouldn't ASSume. The old saying goes, "when you assume, you make an a'' of you and me." I think an exception applies here. It's just you. Sixcat, the third grade playing to audience go pick me duck duck goose fallacy regarding my popularity you are using is one you have tried before. Do you really think my memory is that short? It's your stick. It's your mantra. When you disagree, you play to the audience. Don't you have anything better? It's so old and tiresome. You've done it for years and here I am. Still posting. Still giving opinions and those opinions are like anyone elses.

I'm also gonna repeat. The VHSL got it right. The thought process given by Ryan was in fact, very narcissistic and I repeat, life isnt always fair. You take the good with the bad. That was the jest of my post and I stand by it. Want a repeat?

Resorting to name calling is so very childish and immature of you. It says way more about you than the person in which your insults are directed.

Keep digging!

Reactions: Ryan4VT
Seriously? All this BS over a high school basketball game location? In 2A no less? Of all the things happening in the world, this is the hot topic of the day?

How about the game be moved to the race track at Bristol since 9 gabillion people are chomping at the bit to see this spectacle?!?

Resorting to name calling is so very childish and immature of you. It says way more about you than the person in which your insults are directed.

Keep digging!

As always, your post at the end should read, "in my opinion." You just gave another one.

P.S. keep digging

Before reading this thread, which wasted time in my life that I will never get back, I didn’t care who won. Now I pray that Central Woodstock and Graham win. The state couldn’t handle a GC/Lee matchup.

Reactions: eh31
Seriously? All this BS over a high school basketball game location? In 2A no less? Of all the things happening in the world, this is the hot topic of the day?

How about the game be moved to the race track at Bristol since 9 gabillion people are chomping at the bit to see this spectacle?!?

LOL, I mentioned earlier it should have been moved to the Dean Dome, put on TV, and free tickets and transportation provided. Why? Because lots of "me's and I's" wanted to see it and by God, if I want to see it, then I'm entitled to see it! P.S. any harm or negative action or expense or resources taken from someone else in order for me to see it is just fine though.

Before reading this thread, which wasted time in my life that I will never get back, I didn’t care who won. Now I pray that Central Woodstock and Graham win. The state couldn’t handle a GC/Lee matchup.
The VHSL is surely hoping for the opposite lol. No offense to the CW or Graham fans, but the state association wants to see GC/Lee for that sweet, sweet ticket revenue.

Reactions: Hampton Roads 6

Haha. I am not inclined to get into someone who won't listen to anything said anyway. So I guess you win?

If I really wanted to, I could go back and post the multiple times you have went after people unprovoked, after saying you never start anything. But that is pointless.

And I don't take much stock from someone who tries to tell someone who they don't know they can beat them up over the computer.

You really need to get over yourself. You predicted a game, good for you. Maybe you should go to Vegas and bet on games. And my gosh the gall of people who dare have a differing opinion from you on everything.

But again, to stroke that ego of yours, you win. You are the brightest person on this board no matter what the sport is. You feel better now?

Like I wrote Gunz, two can play. Game on and see you in the future. I'll be posting. Write carefully. I'm done arguing with you two, and correct, I listen to nothing you say, nor sixcat. Your both about as useful to me as boobies on a Boar Hog.

Reactions: Gunz41
Well done sir. Have fun with your game, you will be playing by yourself, but you're probably used to that.

Good night. God Bless

Just noticed something. Sixcat joins in Nov 2017 and doesn't have one post in which you aren't in the thread and he's from Stuarts Draft according to his handle-profile. You and I had a huge argument with Richlands and Stuarts Draft a while back which you haven't recovered from yet. Not only this, Sixcat has never started a thread, much like you in that you rarely start a thread. Gunz, you guys write a whole lot alike. I suspect you are the same tool who tried to pretend to be me earlier on with notycougar. I'm all over you GunzSixcat. Your the same person from Stuarts Draft. You both love to play to the audience with fallacy. I have to say thank you. You rarely post (either screen name) unless it's a response to me, so yes, thanks for the admiration.

It explains why you (and your other name- Sixcat) pounced when I argued with Ryan. You blew it up like it was a "fight" and this or that. It's comical that your entire handle is for the purpose of drawing yourself to my attention. Again, I have to say thanks. Much obliged Gunzsixcat. I've been here to long and have seen to many fly by nighters, even those who pretend to be two people, lol.

I think I will issue Ryan an apology. After all, he's from Richlands. Wasn't Richlands the winner of that legendary football game with Draft? I bet that fires you up a bit, lol, Gunzsixcat, "unbiased and neutral" lol.

Last edited:
Sixcat is from Galax or that area IIRC. I would wager my bank account they aren't the same person.

Reactions: sixcat
Just noticed something. Sixcat joins in Nov 2017 and doesn't have one post in which you aren't in the thread and he's from Stuarts Draft according to his handle-profile. You and I had a huge argument with Richlands and Stuarts Draft a while back which you haven't recovered from yet. Not only this, Sixcat has never started a thread, much like you in that you rarely start a thread. Gunz, you guys write a whole lot alike. I suspect you are the same tool who tried to pretend to be me earlier on with notycougar. I'm all over you GunzSixcat. Your the same person from Stuarts Draft. You both love to play to the audience with fallacy. I have to say thank you. You rarely post (either screen name) unless it's a response to me, so yes, thanks for the admiration.

It explains why you (and your other name- Sixcat) pounced when I argued with Ryan. You blew it up like it was a "fight" and this or that. It's comical that your entire handle is for the purpose of drawing yourself to my attention. Again, I have to say thanks. Much obliged Gunzsixcat. I've been here to long and have seen to many fly by nighters, even those who pretend to be two people, lol.

I think I will issue Ryan an apology. After all, he's from Richlands. Wasn't Richlands the winner of that legendary football game with Draft? I bet that fires you up a bit, lol, Gunzsixcat, "unbiased and neutral" lol.

You're reaching! As far as I know, I've never even been to Stuarts Draft. Maybe we should all call you the "the reacher" instead of "the burier".

Again with the concept of forcing your opinion. I couldn't care less if they played the Graham-Gate City game at the Felts Park outdoor courts. They could fit as many as they wanted in there.

I "pounced when you argued with Ryan" because I can't stand a bully, whether real or perceived behind the veil of a keyboard!

Keep digging!

You gotta reward teams for being successful. So, have a list of 4-5 approved places in each region and the top seed gets to choose.

At this point in the season, EVERY team still playing has been "successful", no one more than the other.

Had Martinsville beat Graham who would’ve chose where the Martinsville-Gate City game would’ve been played?

Sixcat is from Galax or that area IIRC. I would wager my bank account they aren't the same person.
Trust me, they are the same person. You will never see sixcat post without Gunz posting in the same thread. Also, he's never posted other than a couple of times other than a response to me. I looked back at his posts. P.S. I'm no fan of bully's either, which is why were having this exchange. You're a fake and bully sixcatgunz, and we can do this all day long. For an unbiased observer, lol, you sure have resorted to labeling and name-calling. Lying never gets you anywhere junior.

Keep Digging....sixcat

P.S. let me redirect and reinforce the post again to stay on message. I think the VHSL got it right. I think Ryan was a bit narcissistic in his approach and nobody is entitled to see a game. I stand by that post. I also love your new twist or fallacy. When an opinion is given that You don't like, you label it as "forcing" ones opinion, lol. CNN does that also. Maybe I should call you GunzcatCNN. Or MSNBC? I need your permission. I wouldn't want to "force" my opinion, lol.

Last edited:
Trust me, they are the same person. You will never see sixcat post without Gunz posting in the same thread. Also, he's never posted other than a couple of times other than a response to me. I looked back at his posts. P.S. I'm no fan of bully's either, which is why were having this exchange. You're a fake and bully sixcatgunz, and we can do this all day long. For an unbiased observer, lol, you sure have resorted to labeling and name-calling. Lying never gets you anywhere junior.

Keep Digging....sixcat

P.S. let me redirect and reinforce the post again to stay on message. I think the VHSL got it right. I think Ryan was a bit narcissistic in his approach and nobody is entitled to see a game. I stand by that post. I also love your new twist or fallacy. When an opinion is given that You don't like, you label it as "forcing" ones opinion, lol. CNN does that also. Maybe I should call you GunzcatCNN. Or MSNBC? I need your permission. I wouldn't want to "force" my opinion, lol.

Ryan, BigWinners, EH31, SWVA Havoc and many others know me from another message board. One that I have been a frequent contributor since 2011.

Keep reaching and keep digging!

Reactions: Ryan4VT
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT