ADVERTISEMENT

George Wythe vs Narrows

Blaster, when you have personal relationships with a lot of the kids and parents do you think that maybe sometimes you see the kids for what you know or think they're capable of instead what they're actually doing on the field? I know it makes a difference on how I see some of ths kids because I know what they're capable of. I don't mean that as an insult I just thinks it human nature to do so when you know them personally. No doubt in my mind you love GW football and want what's best for them.
With some yes no doubt but with others it is they are simply being used wrong. We've had kids who could burn and I mean burn playing TE no blocking skills and better than who we've had at WR but would only get 5-10 snaps a game. I do agree with you that personal relationships can cloud judgment but I honestly on point with my feelings about these kids.

I’d have to agree that it’s an interesting choice. Is mr Russell interested in taking the job if it ever comes available? And can you specifically recall a game that had he been your coach the outcome of the game or possibly the season would be different?
There for a minute I was absolutely worried you would say Hensley.

I’d have to agree that it’s an interesting choice. Is mr Russell interested in taking the job if it ever comes available? And can you specifically recall a game that had he been your coach the outcome of the game or possibly the season would be different?
There for a minute I was absolutely worried you would say Hensley.
Id say no he wouldn't come back to GW. He is at chilhowie where he played ball he was there QB in the early 90s I think I could be wrong. And absolutely the game against Sussex he would've played smash mouth with them and saw how they dealt with our size. Instead we played there game and paid for it.

Now that its another day closer I have been thinking more about this matchup. I have a ton of respect for what GW has consistently done but really kind of want to see a Galax/Narrows game in the region finally. I know that has been the case recently already but I feel like this Narrows team may present a different challenge for Galax versus the familiar foe in GW. I am curious what strategy Narrows takes to slow down a pretty good offensive team as it only gets more difficult from here on out. I will go back and reiterate that Narrows already has a win over a very good Chilhowie team so they have the tools to do it, can they when the spotlight is turned on? Is this game going to be streamed? Might be worth a listen for the curious outside of the area.

Not as a HS HC but he is one of the best coaches in the state. He ran GWs JV program for 12 years and they never lost a game.
I don't remember our JV being undefeated for 12 years. I will say that Brandwimmer is probably a good asst. coach;
but, not a head coach. Joey Russell is a good guy but would not make a very good head coach. Joey had no discipline whatsoever when he was at GW a few years back. No discipline=No success.

No clue about Russell or Brandwimmer, but, I think it's safe to say that GW's JV team didn't go undefeated for 12 straight years.....

Reactions: CallMeCoach19
I don't remember our JV being undefeated for 12 years. I will say that Brandwimmer is probably a good asst. coach;
but, not a head coach. Joey Russell is a good guy but would not make a very good head coach. Joey had no discipline whatsoever when he was at GW a few years back. No discipline=No success.
Yes they really did it was like an 11 or 12 year period that they didnt get beat. I was a part of 2 of theose teams.

brown when at GW was a freshman, gw and galax-- not as much difference as you might think on talent

When Brown was at GW his freshman year he played both varsity(sparingly) and JV. Galax beat that JV team that year in a barn burner at Galax. Galaxs team was led by mostly 8th graders.

When Brown was at GW his freshman year he played both varsity(sparingly) and JV. Galax beat that JV team that year in a barn burner at Galax. Galaxs team was led by mostly 8th graders.
I guess that puts the 12 year undefeated thing to rest then....

Reactions: sixcat
I guess that puts the 12 year undefeated thing to rest then....
No it doesn't joey wasnt the coach of the jv at that time he was the coach from the mid 90s - like 2008 or 2009. I really not bs'ing about this. When he and coach B were the overall coaches they dominated. I know for a fact they had 5 undefeated season before my freshman year. Then the 2 years I played JV and I know for a fact they didn't get beat my Jr and Sr year. That's 9 undefeated season in a row right there. I will do everything in my power to find proof of this. And for everyone doubting me why the hell would I make something like that up? It would literally be pointless. And I love how I supposedly lie about this or that and damn it almost always proves true...

No it doesn't joey wasnt the coach of the jv at that time he was the coach from the mid 90s - like 2008 or 2009. I really not bs'ing about this. When he and coach B were the overall coaches they dominated. I know for a fact they had 5 undefeated season before my freshman year. Then the 2 years I played JV and I know for a fact they didn't get beat my Jr and Sr year. That's 9 undefeated season in a row right there. I will do everything in my power to find proof of this. And for everyone doubting me why the hell would I make something like that up? It would literally be pointless. And I love how I supposedly lie about this or that and damn it almost always proves true...
It doesn't really matter to me if they did or didn't but when you have other GW fans saying they dont think it happened it puts doubts in others people's minds....I hope you can find proof it happened and put it to rest

I agree it doesn't really matter but I know beyond a shadow of a doubt it was at the very least 9 seasons. The 5 before I got to HS then my Fr, So, Jr and Sr years. And in reaching out to people for stats amd records lol. Now can we move on until I find it haha and talk about the more than likely beat my beloved Maroons are about to take?

Reactions: MT FAN 91
Neither! No one at the time was or ever will be better than Ingo. He made mistakes and I’m sure he regrets them. He was the perfect guy for the job at the time

Reactions: FootballArmy
So you’re saying Russell or Coach B would’ve been a better hire than Ingo?
In my personal opinion yes I would rather have either one of them. Please don't take that statement as me downing HS he was an absolutely wonderful coach the kids loved him and he put in the work. But I played for for B and Russell so I'm a bit biased. But playing for them allows me to know for a fact what they expect out of players and it also allows me to know what they do. I promise if either of them coached at GW it would be a completely different program for the better. Just look at what Russell has been able to do for Chilhowie. I know he isnt the HC but he is a big part in the success they've had.

In my personal opinion yes I would rather have either one of them. Please don't take that statement as me downing HS he was an absolutely wonderful coach the kids loved him and he put in the work. But I played for for B and Russell so I'm a bit biased. But playing for them allows me to know for a fact what they expect out of players and it also allows me to know what they do. I promise if either of them coached at GW it would be a completely different program for the better. Just look at what Russell has been able to do for Chilhowie. I know he isnt the HC but he is a big part in the success they've had.
Russell and B couldn't carry HS's jock when it comes to coaching.

I think H.S. is probably one of the best coaches and teachers that wythe co has had in quite some time. I still see him out there with the youth league helping the young players and even the parents that are coaching.
He was teaching in a program for kids that were falling behind with grades and getting lost in the system. It’s unbelievable how good he does with that. I’ve talked to a few that have went through the program and they have all said without that guy they’d probably be dropouts working fast food somewhere.

I think H.S. is probably one of the best coaches and teachers that wythe co has had in quite some time. I still see him out there with the youth league helping the young players and even the parents that are coaching.
He was teaching in a program for kids that were falling behind with grades and getting lost in the system. It’s unbelievable how good he does with that. I’ve talked to a few that have went through the program and they have all said without that guy they’d probably be dropouts working fast food somewhere.
Couldn't agree more he is a great guy and was one hell of a coach and leader.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT