ADVERTISEMENT

Giles vs. Glenvar Up Next

Intrinsicrewards

VaPreps Rookie
Sep 16, 2011
Interesting year. Both teams seem to be having down years but have been without some of there best players so there is hope. Glenvar graduated most of their studs on the defensive line which is what most Giles people said was the main reason Glenvar has been able to stop the Single Wing where they couldn't stop it before. I've always said I thought it was a combination of the players but also a defensive coaching change. Can an average Glenvar line beat the Single Wing? I guess we will know in a week.

Should be another great game. Could have big playoff implications as far as seeding's go. Im not sure Giles is having a down year. One play away from beating a very good Graham team on a horse crap horse collar call and should have beat a good Galax team last night. I know the last few years Giles or Glenvar is not used to seeing two loses but if Giles would have lost both those games bad and not had a chance to win Id agree with you. Something tells me Glenvar is not as down as people make them out to be also.

I am looking forward to this game. I will say that Giles somehow has to come out with more emotion. The last few games they seem like they are going through the motions. It took till the 4th quarter last night against Galax before I saw the pounding offense Giles usually has. Giles needs a quick start against Glenvar.

Should be another great game. Could have big playoff implications as far as seeding's go. Im not sure Giles is having a down year. One play away from beating a very good Graham team on a horse crap horse collar call and should have beat a good Galax team last night. I know the last few years Giles or Glenvar is not used to seeing two loses but if Giles would have lost both those games bad and not had a chance to win Id agree with you. Something tells me Glenvar is not as down as people make them out to be also.
Giles is again the biggest test of the regular season for Glenvar but the question is and always has been, can they stop those 3rd and 4 plays from the single wing and get the Glenvar defense off and the offense on the field. The last two years Glenvar could; before that, not enough to win. When all is said and done, winner is top tier 2A team with momentum, loser will be an average 2A West team and will need to do some soul searching.

I am looking forward to this game. I will say that Giles somehow has to come out with more emotion. The last few games they seem like they are going through the motions. It took till the 4th quarter last night against Galax before I saw the pounding offense Giles usually has. Giles needs a quick start against Glenvar.
Glenvar is sneaky good on both offense and defense. Nothing about this team stands out. They play very good fundamentally and they play with emotion.

Interesting year. Both teams seem to be having down years but have been without some of there best players so there is hope. Glenvar graduated most of their studs on the defensive line which is what most Giles people said was the main reason Glenvar has been able to stop the Single Wing where they couldn't stop it before. I've always said I thought it was a combination of the players but also a defensive coaching change. Can an average Glenvar line beat the Single Wing? I guess we will know in a week.

Is this game being carried by radio?

I agree 100%. I've heard several people remark that Giles just isn't coming out as disciplined as before. In years past that team moved in formation everywhere, to huddle, to locker room, to the line. Now it is a little less crisp of a movement.

To all Giles and Glenvar fans we will be having a hot dog fundraiser before the game for Quentin Alls. The money will be presented to Quentin and his family right after the game. We might be rivals on the field but this is not the first time I have seen these two schools help each other out when football is not the most important thing. Although he has been a thorn in Giles rear the last few years I loved watching him play.

To all Giles and Glenvar fans we will be having a hot dog fundraiser before the game for Quentin Alls. The money will be presented to Quentin and his family right after the game. We might be rivals on the field but this is not the first time I have seen these two schools help each other out when football is not the most important thing. Although he has been a thorn in Giles rear the last few years I loved watching him play.
What's the story? What happened to him?

The Giles folks are a class act both on and off the field. I have always rooted for Giles unless they play Glenvar. Still doesn't change the fact that I hate the train whistle. lol

Reactions: singlewinger92

Where will you be selling the hotdogs? Do you need anymore help? Would be glad to lend a helping hand.

God, that's terrible. What's his prognosis? Where can I send a donation?
Individual donations can be mailed to Coach Kevin Clifford, Glenvar HS, Malus Drive, Salem, VA 24153. Coach Clifford currently has organized fundraisers recently for both Quentin Alls and Jeremy Martin. Jeremy had a critical case of meningitis a couple of months ago with other serious complications and is currently in long term recovery. Any donations for both are very much appreciated.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT