ADVERTISEMENT

GILES

MT FAN 91

VaPreps Honorable Mention
Oct 19, 2013
Haven't seen anything on Giles thrashing of Floyd. I don't much about Floyd this year, are they bad or did Giles wake up and start playing to their capabilities?

Probably both. Giles is figuring some things out on defense. Floyd has been bad the past few seasons but is showing signs of improvement.

Giles got Chapman back last night, although he did not play a lot it's huge to have him back. I expected it to be a better game to be honest. Giles fumbled 4 times, once on goal line and played second team and jv most of second half with continuous clock. Could and should have been way worse. It was great to see Giles play two halfs of football for once. I agree that Giles has changed some positions around that have helped. On the other hand I thought Floyd looked pretty weak up front.

Reactions: obguthr
Floyd only has 3 seniors on the team. Next year should be better. But I did expect a little closer score.

Weather was a factor too. Floyd threw 13 passes and completed one. The wind was wicked. Giles didn't attempt a pass. The power went off during halftime. Fans used their cell phones to give enough light so the band could perform. Gotta like HS football and small town America.

Haven't seen anything on Giles thrashing of Floyd. I don't much about Floyd this year, are they bad or did Giles wake up and start playing to their capabilities?

Both. Floyd is down and Giles coaching is starting to show. Meaning.....our team has lots of youth and this years Giles team is an example of a team truly being coached up. I agree with the one poster on 2 halves of football. Giles has to play 4 quarters, but again, I attribute this to youth and the talent lost from last year's club. The three losses by Giles were all nail-biters. Giles could easily be undefeated. There is always the should have, would have, and could have, but "could have" is not to shabby, if you have lost nail-biters to Galax, Graham, and Glenvar. Does Giles have the talent and overall team to make it to the final four teams in AA? The answer is yes, even though most fans are thinking about Appo, Dan River, Graham, Richlands, and Union in the West, I would not be surprised if Giles made it to the final four. They will not be picked to do so and they shouldn't be, but Giles is still a dangerous team come playoff time, especially if these kids play four quarters of football. If Giles made it to the final four teams in AA, it would be somewhat of an "upset," but not a huge shock. Giles scored a total of 39 points in 3 games against Graham, Galax, and Glenvar. If our offense can play four quarters and just not turn the ball over, it makes Giles (like it would any team) much better.

Weather was a factor too. Floyd threw 13 passes and completed one. The wind was wicked. Giles didn't attempt a pass. The power went off during halftime. Fans used their cell phones to give enough light so the band could perform. Gotta like HS football and small town America.
Oh God, I would have loved to have seen that!!! COOL!!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT